this sunday after a long drive. it has been a very good week. relaxing, sunny, just what i had hoped for.
during the week i have been mulling over my too full days & my health... and the conclusion is that despite my (wise) age i don't take enough care of myself : i overcommit way too often, i still have to learn (how & when) to say no, i have to talk to my messy husband & my messy daughter so they work on it a tiny bit, i have to drink more water everyday and to stick to my swimming sessions twice a week no matter what . maybe i should write this down and call them good resolutions ?! what about you ? how do you set your own limit ? is there a "recipe" to avoid over committment ?
readers & friends, i wish you a great week :)
setting your own limit? i think it's all about balance & getting organized & sticking to a workable schedule to get into a good routine (adding the help of others at home is necessary, too)
ReplyDeletei look forward to reading your post about the bbq cake, it's so unique... what is it made of?
take care !
I enjoyed your photos today so much. Abolutely beautiful.
ReplyDeleteOver commitment is a definite problem for me as well. I truly must learn to say no, or at least not say yes so often. :). I guess for me it's about setting priorities and sticking with them. And putting the most important people first.
Good luck to you--I think your good resolutions sound just right!
I think it's human nature to fill up whatever time we have. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteThese photos are really great - I especially love the shadows of the chair lifts on the snow.
Welcome home! xo
C'est magnifique... ces montagnes ont l'air superbe... rien à envier à la Suisse !!! un temps fabuleux, de la neige en veux-tu en voilà... Je te souhaite une excellente semaine de lessive intensive !!! Pense à toi un peu aussi ! Bises affectueuses...
ReplyDeleteSuperbes ces images... et le clin d'oeil de la fin, la chaleur de l'intérieur et le réconfort d'un bon gâteau... est particulièrement bien vu !
ReplyDeleteJ'avoue, je néglige beaucoup la partie "sportive" de ma vie. Pour ce qui est du nettoyage, j'en suis au même point que toi côté husband :)
ReplyDeleteHeureusement que tu as eu un peu de temps pour prendre ces magnifiques photos. Ces pâtisseries dorées semblent délicieuses!
Rachel, JoLyn & Lecia : thank you for your wise words. I appreciate any advice !
ReplyDeleteFlorence : lessives tu dis ?! tu as tout compris !
Ötli : Merci, je ne perds jamais de vu la partie "réconfort" héhé ;)
Nathalie : je me sens moins seule merci :P si tu trouves une recette miracle je suis rpeneuse !
I particularly love the trails of skiers in the snow. I must confess that if I like the looks of the Bbq cake, I'm not so fond of the taste... it has to be freshly made and really buttery not to be too dry... you should try a traditional "pastis" one day, now that's yummy ! And yes, those mountains have nothing to be jealous of... beauties under the sun! ;-D
ReplyDeleteVery beautiful photos, thank you for sharing all the winter wonderland goodness :)
ReplyDeleteThe way to not over commit is really to learn how to say NO in a nice way. Never give reasons, just say No. I've always done this, and no one ever bothered me again. That way, when YOU want to lend a hand or do something, you can choose it, and enjoy it.
Hope the spring time gives you that "spring in your step" :)
Beautiful photos.
ReplyDeleteAbout saying no. I'm practising and getting better at it. When I forget I pay the prize. I try to exersie at least two times a week. It is "me time", I can clear my head and find out what I need to adjust... and what is fine just as it is.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete