Mar 1, 2010

march.

on sunday the storm xynthia hit the western part of france, especially the atlantic coast, with many floodings. 52 people died and my thoughts are going to all those who were in path of the storm. we're safe, we just had a windy night. thanks so much to the caring friends who emailed me to check how we were.
our weekend was quiet (and rainy). i felt sleepy due to the side-effects of a medecine. i baked rice flour & matcha tea powder madeleines, they turned out pretty good.
my little studio is coming along nicely. the floor is ready for new flooring and the walls are painted. it is such a nice feeling to sit in the middle of the empty room & imagine how i'm going to arrange things together in a week or two.

from march onwards i want to devote my time to prepare myself for the art & craft show scheduled for august where i'll be selling some handmade stuff. but after seeing these scarves everywhere, i offered my daughter L who's not too keen on the regular scarf that flies away & gets lost at school, to knit one of these cowls for her during the olympics. it's almost ready now.

you can find & buy some pretty ones here.

another project i'm working on is my first amigurumi. i chose to make a big one, after i saw the one my friend amélie made for her sister. it will be for L at easter, i believe homemade gifts are priceless & precious.
:: happy march to you ::

6 comments:

  1. Glad you didn't get swept away by the storm. I saw some footage on the news yesterday, and for some reason, I though that it was in the south only.

    The scarf is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. tu me montreras hein?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. super des nouvelles, je m inquietais aussi
    bises....

    ReplyDelete
  4. so happy to read you're safe
    it's been so horrible for these people
    as much as the one in Chile :(

    lucky L, she's going to have such an awesome cowl !! :) Sweet & talented mama you are, that's for sure.

    I need to put my hands on succulents soon. You really decided me to do so.

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I followed you over here from Flickr! Lovely header which I saw over there as well. It's fun to see your photos on your blog. As always, I think they are beautiful!

    I write at www.ayearofhappy.com and my photo blog is www.ayearofhappyphotos.com.

    Cheers! JoLyn (a year of happy on Flickr)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bon courage pour rentrer les fils! Superbes couleurs mais tu es la reine en la matière, même les photos de ce post sont dans le ton...

    ReplyDelete