May 17, 2010

thank you sooo much for your lovely birthday wishes !
dawn came here saying she didn't like her birthdays because she had bad luck on her birthdays... well, dear dawn, rest assured now that you're not lonely anymore, what do you think of this ... i'm glad i got to see these on the walk to my birthday dinner



because the 3 days that followed i saw a completely different type of flowers due to severe bronchitis : an unintentional (is this adjective really useful or too obvious, i wonder...) gift from L
i'm back on my feet this monday (and you thought i had a hangover ?! shame on you !). very tired. but this morning i'm happy to see this


because it means that

it's a brand new week, i'm older okay, but i have every intention to catch up for my lost days !!!
i hope to :
* finish my sashiko (click for patterns) project
* sew the last piece of my "kid clothes week challenge". i regret i missed part of it. again : unintentional !
* book in a riad for a few nights here soon
* get L.'s birthday party invitations done (she wants a "grown-up" alice in wonderland version as a theme for the party)
* watch if it gets warm enough to plant my babies in the veggie patch
* go shopping to the yellow & blue store with M. to get king size bedding (after all we're old enough to treat ourselves with more personal sleep space ?!)
* and of course to have L. draw a scarf winner tomorrow !

what happy plans do you have for the week ? i wish you an enjoyable one !

15 comments:

  1. a trip to Morocco !?! how exotic !
    we like the yellow & blue store, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to see you are up and around again. Your photos are lovely, especially the one of the flower field.
    I plan to finish a few things that I started and put to one side.
    Have a good day and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. +marzipan+May 17, 2010

    So glad to hear you're feeling better ~ especially with that list of things to do!!
    Have a lovely week x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Morocco, and desperately want to go before I get old. I see a fantastic time ahead, where or the colds and coughs will be left behind.

    Glad you're feeling better. Nothing worse than being laid off when you could be say sewing or knitting...!

    ReplyDelete
  5. la première photo est magnifique ! ici, il me semble que les fleurs poussent en monoculture. il est très rare de voir des champs aux couleurs si variées.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm feeling the same way, I have a whole list of fun creative things to do, now that this back is somewhat cooperating. Looks like you have some great projects planned.

    ReplyDelete
  7. my happy plans are work, work and work....
    j'aime beaucoup les photos de ce post.
    je te souhaite une très jolie semaine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry to hear that you were ill - I hope that I wasn't speading my birthday bad luck around. Still, a trip to Morocco sounds rather nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes friends we're going on a one week vacation near Fes Morocco. not our first but it's been a few years... and my BD gift is a new lens, soon. just in time.

    Elisabelle : j'espère donc que tu fais un travail que tu aimes ; )

    UK lass in US : LOL bad luck can't swim you live too far away from me ;P

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am sorry you were ill. Thank you so much for you lovely comments and s¡did you see what your lovely pleats made me do?

    ReplyDelete
  11. un petit oiseau m'a dit que tu as eu ton anniversaire il y a quelque jour ? j'étais bien triste d'apprendre cette nouvelle un peu trop tard. Alors je viens ici te faire un petit coucou et te donner un petit bisou pour ton anniversaire déjà passé. viens me visiter vendredi le 21. ce sera mon anniversaire à moi et je tenais à faire un « giveaway ».
    passe une belle journée jolie valérie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. This set of photos, especially paired together, is extraordinary!!

    I'm trying to be productive around the house this week - organizing the garage and scrubbing my deck and outdoor space, in hopes of warmer weather.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Je suis IMPRESSIONNÉE par ton blog... magnifique!... la présentation, la qualité des photos, les textes in english... Bravo.
    Laure

    ReplyDelete
  14. Valerie - I'm afraid I missed your birthday but I am sending you heartfelt wishes belatedly and wish you ALL the best!!!! I'm afraid I also missed your amazing photos & sewing the last days....and your great giveaway. Sigh. At least you promise to do another one :)
    I have the sniffles (not allergies, just so darn cold in Germany this week that everyone is sick!) but I had a lot of plans for this week, (even though it is already Friday) one of which I think I accomplished....starting a blog :) wish me luck!
    Have a lovely weekend!!
    karen

    ReplyDelete
  15. bonne anniversaire -- did i get that right?

    those flowers are spectacular, what a marvelous birthday! i'm just getting over bronchitis, too. i am just relieved it did not turn into pneumonia again but OH it has been hard. it is such a relief to really breathe again.

    ReplyDelete