i have a love-hate relationship with my birthdays. they become less fun once your ascendants/family are all gone and you're the eldest alive. of course i believe birth is a magical moment that should always be celebrated, but unlike some others, i don't find it so cool to get old. to go towards less time spent on this earth doesn't sound appealing to me... . i love life too much to rejoice about that. anyway... i have decided to have my first give-away today :)
these are some of the summer scarves, i will have for sale during a summer craft show. they're all in fine french yarns, and between 1,85 & 2 meters long. all you have to do is to post a comment where you tell me :
your first name
the country you live in
the scarf you prefer (please click to see the photo larger)

on tuesday 18, i will announce the winner that my daughter L will blind-pick. this winner, wherever she lives in the world, will receive her favorite scarf. btw, it will reach your mailbox blocked (i didn't have enough time to do so before the photo shooting !) make sure you check back here on tuesday, because i will need your email address to get your snail mail address (does this make sense ?!) have fun playing !
until then, i think i'm going to blow a few candles on a favorite cake from this chef that i'll share with M & L, to spoil myself & eat out for the next 2 or 3 days and i'm gonna...
"take it easy --
don't let the sound of your own wheels
drive you crazy
don't even try to understand
just find a place to make your stand
and take it easy"
It is your birthday?! Happy happy birthday!! Sending you big hugs and lots of happiness.
ReplyDeleteI love them all.
xo
Lisa
USA
Happy happy birthday Valerie! I too have a lpove hate relationship with my birthday (so many grey hairs this year!) but it's still fun to get presents and be made a fuss of for a day.
ReplyDeleteI'm Steph, from New Zealand and I love them all - but especially the mermaid one. A shame it's now winter here!
Hello,
ReplyDeleteA very Happy Birthday to you.
My name is Marilyn.
I live in USA.
My favourite one is Atlantic.
They are all lovely...
I hope you have a very enjoyable day and that someone spoils you.
Happy birthday Valerie! I hope your day will be glorious and full of love and warmth.
ReplyDeleteI see you've been busy preparing for the show. Wonderful creations you made. All beautiful, especially the harvest one.
Ailis, USA.
xoxo
Happy Birthday beautiful Valerie!
ReplyDeletefrom Abby in the USA. I love them all, though if I have to choose one, mermaid is the color of these days for me : )
Win or not, I just want to send my heartfelt birthday wishes. Enjoy yourself to the fullest!
xo
Hip hip hooray! Happy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteChristina from Australia here and I love the Harvest scarf. We have fairly warm Winters here, so I would be able to wear it all the time. :)
Wishing you well Valerie! I'm Kawthar in Saudi Arabia! Just like the rest of your work those scarves are beautiful! I love the mermaid one!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy, happy birthday Valerie!:) Hope you'll have a wonderful day.
ReplyDeleteI like the white one a lot - and I am Inna from Finland.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteC'est vrai que nous sommes si proches côté dates d'anniversaire...Je te souhaite une belle, très belle journée et t'embrasse fort. Tes écharpes d'été sont toutes belles mais j'ai un faible pour le bleu d'"Atlantic".
ReplyDeleteCamille from France ;-)
Lovelly!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! LONG LIFE!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm Ana from Lisbon/Portugal but now i live at the sea in Sesimbra!
I love all the scarfs... my favorites colors:)*
Kisses and Hugs from the heart!
AP
Happy, happy birthday.
ReplyDeleteI'm not gluten free but my dad is. x
Happy Birthday Valerie!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI hope the sun shines for you today :-)
Lots of love and big Birthday hugs,
Amanda xxxxx
Joyeux Anniversaire!!! Et merci pour cette give-away! Très genereuse, parce que elles sont vraiment magnifiques :)
ReplyDeleteChere Valerie,
ReplyDeleteMes meilleurs voeux pour ton anniversaire, je t embrasse....
Et puis je tente ma chance:
Virginie
Modele Atlantic (avec un peu de laine pour affronter l'hiver australien!!!!)
Australie (Allemagne en ce moment..)
J espere qu elles seront aussi en vente en ligne, elles sont magnifiques!!!!
A bientot
What beautiful scarves Valerie - thanks so much for inviting me to join in with this giveaway!
ReplyDeleteI'm Jessica (http://www.loopyjess.co.uk/) from the UK and I would love a chance to win the beautiful Atlantic scarf.
Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday, found you via flickr.. beautiful scarves!
ReplyDeleteGrace C.
USA
Love the Mermaid!
www.misterbeasley.blogspot.com
je te souhaite un très bel anniversaire Valérie! carpe diem...
ReplyDeletecéline from France ... c'est sympa ses visites internationales dis moi!
Mermaid is my favorite... entre autre!
joyeux anniversaire !
ReplyDeletemoi non plus, je ne suis pas une grande fan de mon anniversaire :)
Alors : nathalie, canada, la sirène pour sûr!
Really nice work! Hope you do have a lovely birthday. I also have a love-hate relationships with them, but every year some small thing happens that does make me feel special.
ReplyDeleteMy name is Amaranta
I am Mexican, but live in the United States
And I would love the one named Atlantic
Thanks!!
escuishi (at)hotmail.com
Ha ha I know what you mean about birthdays I hate getting older!! Presents cakes and champagne I love though and hope you get an abundance of all three!!
ReplyDeleteI'd love to enter your giveaway! The scarfs are gorg and perfect for Spring / Summer ... love the slate coloured one (amycompty@googlemail.com). Hope you have lots of fun Amy xxx
Joyeux anniversaire! Like you, I really don't need to have any more, but hope it is one filled with happiness for you.
ReplyDeleteYour scarves are beautiful and your offer very generous ~ it's almost impossible to choose, but atlantic catches my eye every time!!
Annya from England x
Happy B'day Valerie,
ReplyDeleteI feel similar bout mine...
my name is Asiye
i live in Cape Town, South Africa and my favourite scarf is.... hmmmmmm- this is really difficult!-- i love all of them---but i guess i'll choose mermaid.
Happy birthday sweet Valerie! I relate to your feelings about aging exactly. But never fear, you are gorgeous inside and out. I am thankful for you in my life! You always bring me smiles.
ReplyDeleteAnd just because I am in LOVE with everything you make, I have to enter this fabulous give away!
My name is Jennifer
I live in the 49th state, Alaska
And I adore them all... but I think my favorite is slate. (or mermaid! or harvest.... ack! They are all so lovely, but yes, I think I like slate)
Big hugs from the rainy northwest. Happy Birthday! Love you!
(Oh and I love that Eagles song and hope you get to get to do just that--Take it Easy!)
Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Valerie, Happy Birthday to you!!!
ReplyDeleteHope you have a fantastic day my friend!!
Just stopped by quickly and wanted to say Happy Birthday to you...!!! Hope you had a wonderful day!
ReplyDeleteWe had a great party for my N as he had his 10th birthday today... that's why yours is so easy to remember! I'll get back to you soon... but of course I want to participate in this giveaway!
Big hugs and take care!
Mervi from Finland and I like the Slate.
Happy birthday Valerie! My name is Paula and I live in Portugal. I would love to win the slate scarf. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteap_lemos at yahoo dot com
happy birthday! my name is meg and I live in the united states. mermaid and slate are both my favorite! so, so beautiful!
ReplyDeletehappy happy birthday! though i understand your feeling about birthdays - i feel the same way. actually every day, not just my birthday. i don't like the idea of my life getting shorter with every passing day, so i pretend like i can freeze time by staying in my pajamas as long as possible :)
ReplyDeleteyour scarves are beautiful! i love the slate and mermaid as well.
and sorry about my big blog!
Encore joyeux anniversaire, belle Valérie ! J'espère que tu as passé une très belle journée et que tu seras fêtée encore tout le reste de la semaine, au moins !
ReplyDeleteMerci pour cet excitant give-away que tu nous offres et bravo pour tes écharpes, elles sont fabuleuses ! Elles ont l'air aussi légères que la caresse d'un papillon. Parfait pour la saison chaude. J'adore ton choix de couleurs (super dur de choisir, peut-être petite préférence pour la "Mermaid"). Dis donc, tu as été très productive, une vraie petite abeille (c'est où, ta vente ?).
Gros bisous et régale-toi, tu as un programme alléchant ...
Nanou, France
Your blog is beautiful Valerie, it is a pleasure to visit. I hope you had a wonderful birthday. I am Tracy and I live in Australia. I love all your scarves, but especially the slate one.
ReplyDeleteHappy, Happy Birthday - you do beautiful work!!
ReplyDeleteMy name is Diana and I live in Virginia and the US and I love all the scarves but Chantilly is my favorite.
Happy happy birthday. I know what you mean about birthdays. My entire 39th year I worried about turning 40. But my husband and kids had such a wonderful party for me ... I keep telling myself that many things get better with the years. Still it is hard.
ReplyDeleteThough I live next to the Pacific (Berkeley, California, USA), your Atlantic scarf is my favorite. Though slate is a close second.
Cheers,
Kate
Happy Birthday!! I recently found your blog through Flickr and it's wonderful! Lovely scarves...wish I could create something so delicate! I especially love Atlantic and Mermaid!
ReplyDeleteI wanted to wish you a happy birthday Valerie & realised you are treating us to a giveaway, that is so very lovely!!
ReplyDeletei love your delicate scarves, atlantic is my favourite & I live in Australia.
hugs & hope you had a wonderful day
♥
Hi Valerie, Happy belated birthday. I just discovered your blog and beautiful crochet. The scarves are lovely, i particularly like the colour of the mermaid scarf!
ReplyDeleteAnna from Australia
Happy birthday! These scarves are all so beautiful it is difficult to pick one, but I believe my favorite is mermaid. What a lovely color!
ReplyDeleteMy name is Susan and I live in the US.
Happy, happy birthday my friend! I'm sorry I missed sending you wishes yesterday - I was offline most of the day. xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Happy Birthday! I just had a birthday on Tuesday. these look BEAUTIFUL!
ReplyDeleteMy name is Nicole, I live in Las Vegas in the United States.
My favorite one is the mermaid :)
happy birthday!
ReplyDeletethese are all so, so lovely -- mermaid and chantilly most match my spring-summer wardrobe.
i live in the United States, across the bay from San Francisco.
beautiful summer scarves! I love the white one for summer :) but the Gray is also tempting. Happy birthday to you!
ReplyDeleteTina
Portland, Oregon, USA
Happy belated Birthday! I didn't even like birthdays when I was younger - I always seemed to have bad luck on my birthdays...
ReplyDeleteOk, I'm Dawn. I live in America and my favourite is, um, do I really have to pick one? Um... Slate. Or Atlantic. Or Mermaid. Or Chantilly...
happy birthday!!!!
ReplyDeletesi je suis encore à temps, j'aime beaucoup la couleur atlantic:)