Jul 7, 2010

corner view :: saturday ::

actually, one saturday in particular : last saturday. we spent the weekend in this beautifully restored ryad (be jealous !) in fes, morocco. it is still so close in time (a few days) and yet it seems ages, a strange feeling...



 [edit : this cat is not one of ours but the very nice ryad's kitty]
be sure to check other saturdays all around the world via spain daily. i'll be back in a little while with a photo sum-up of our vacation (not that i decided to neglect this blog but we were away from home & the internet)

28 comments:

  1. wonderful pictures! makes me want to visit morocco again after about 16 years...

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful shots! looking forward to the photo sum-up:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's the paradise, ins't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could tell you how much I long to visit Morocco...!
    Amazing images btw and cannot wait to see more.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're back ! it's good to see you again ! i've never been to Africa before ~ how exotic ! my husband works with someone from Morocco ~ they speak French together. & i see you were able to travel with (at least) one of your cats ~ that must be nice

    ReplyDelete
  6. c'est sublime cet endroit ... oui je suis jalouse ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks so beautiful and peaceful.
    great photo's.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! The photos look like they came right out of a magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful pictures! I can almost FEEL and SMELL Morocco!

    Happy CV!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow!!! that place is gorgeous!
    and yes... i'm a little jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am very, very jealous. especially of that pool, it looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. AnonymousJuly 07, 2010

    beautiful! Happy to see you back! I was actually getting a little worried! So happy you had some wonderful time away.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Valerie I'm pretty jealous!!!!! Love your photos!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So wonderful to have you back...not that I don't want you to travel and tell us about it!!! but I've missed you and your wonderful photos....look forward to the holiday batch....
    welcome home and I hope the rest of the summer goes well for you.
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  15. amazing. beautiful photography!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, Valerie, those photos are GORGEOUS!!!! The courtyard looks like the one that U2 did some recording in while in Fez.
    I would one day like to go there. My dad went last Christmas and had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  17. ha yes, that feeling of transporting oneself from one spot to the other, and think forward, or backwards; how strange.. and silly... and real.
    your photos are so succulent. another destination i've yet to discover...
    but thanks for this tour though!

    ReplyDelete
  18. tes photos me rappellent de si bons souvenirs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Une parenthèse enchantée !

    ReplyDelete
  21. The photos are lovely. I see that you got henna! How beautiful. Were you able to put your camera down at all? I'm not sure I could! Everything looks so exotic.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful place. I really am jealous :)
    We have a tons of mint growing in our potatofield. Now I know what to do about it; mint tea!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful Saturday!
    a would be jealous, but think you really deserve it!
    beautiful photos i am looking forward to your recap!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh,so amazing pictures! And that place..lovely. Can't wait to see more!

    P.S I tried to answer your question about those bigger pictures in my blog..I hope you understand it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yes, envy!
    I think I have to plot down a new wish to go there destiantion on my vacation map.

    ReplyDelete
  26. The colours are awesome!
    I've never been to Morocco, but it has something very beautiful in your pictures.
    The swimming pool is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. thank you very much for your visits i'm very touched you took the time to post a comment !

    it was a nice relaxing place to stay... now the first part of our vacation was a little hectic & less comfortable ! and i warn those of you who've never been to Morocco that it is actually quite tricky to take pictures you can easily hurt somebody's feelings unintentionally. so i had to keep myself from shooting as much as i would have liked !

    Sonia : you made me laugh because i worked for a travel agency when i was younger ;)

    ReplyDelete