this weekend includes :
* some time in the kitchen. to use some of the many many pears from the yard (seems like it's a good year for fruits here because we have tons of grapes too), baking this & making some cinnamon & pear sauce
* enjoying a few hours of blue sky in the yard
* one hour of swimming at the pool
* trying to finish my weekly sewing (photos taken when i'm back) before i pack my travel bag (monday) for a short break here
* crocheting my favorite autumn color this evening while watching one of my fave chilhood kitschy tv movies -- thank you CBS action (i also used to be a fan of the avengers & charlie's angels -- don't you enjoy to be taken back in time like that ?!!)
enjoy the blogland while i'm gone ! keep in touch xo
Lovely pictures&colours&plans! And how nice to have a pear tree in your own yard..! And grapes too! I'm bit jealous - we have only apples and plums,nothing that exotic..and all trees are already empty. Well,maybe I could try to find few apples for a pie,after reading your baking plans I'm in a mood for baking too:)
ReplyDeleteWhat are you crocheting? Looks pretty!
Have a nice weekend and even better trip! That place looks amazing!
Your weekend contained so many lovly elements. It's always nice when we get to do the things we like.
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a wonderful time while you are away.
Take care,
Ulla xoxo
WOW!!! everything looks wonderful Valerie...have a wonderful trip and take lots of pics!!! Gorgeous coloured yarn....yes, do tell what it will be......take care and enjoy!!
ReplyDeletelol M
enjoy Ireland ! i've never been there, but would really like to go there some day ~ don't forget your camera (i'm sure you won't) see you when you get back
ReplyDeleteEnjoy Ireland, I've never been there but it must be beautiful! Tu vas nous faire de magnifiques photos.
ReplyDeleteJ'adore ce jaune que tu crochètes. C'est pour un plaid?
Et je suis nostalgique de Chapeau melon et bottes de cuir! J'adorais cette série.
The weekend plans sound lovely, very much recharging the batteries stuff, which is what I have decided my weekends need to be in future, to balance work.
ReplyDeleteYou'll have a great time in Ireland, I'm back online so leave a comment on my blog or a message in Rav if you have anymore questions about Ireland and I'll do my best to answer!
Will it be mostly around the Killarney area you'll be or in Limerick?
regards
liz
beautiful weekend pics Valerie.
ReplyDeletehope you have a great one.
♥
p.s have you received my card? last message you sent me you said you were still waiting.
Have a lovely time in Ireland (how could you not!). So much beautiful scenery to photograph and such friendly people. Enjoy the pear cake.
ReplyDeletewas very fond of the same series, as a child. it made me dream of impossible possibilities.
ReplyDeletehave a dear break away!
Have a wonderful time in Ireland. I just can't wait to see your photographs when you get back, they are always, without exception, beautiful.
ReplyDeleteoh... enjoy!
ReplyDeletesuper belles photos!!!!
Wow! Beau programme! Et l'Irlande....I'm green with envy :)
ReplyDeleteHave fun in Ireland Valerie...Did you get my little package yet???
ReplyDeleteI miss French pear desserts soooo much. Perhaps I will take the cookbooks out and make some myself.
Hugs and warm wishes to you!
Love your crocheting. Sounds like a wonderful weekend.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your trip Valerie.
ReplyDeleteYour images are breathtaking.
xxx
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHope you've been having a GLORIOUS time in Ireland, Valerie! Can't wait to see your photos! :o) We're just returned from an impromptu trip to London--It was AMAZING.! So now back online and catching up with friends. :o) Happy Days ((HUGS))
ReplyDeleteHope you have a wonderful time away!
ReplyDeletelove your autumn glories! springs here now and i am out and about as much as possible- i got to admit even a bit too much...
love the crochet wish i could have some pears, and looking forward to the new photos!
xo
Bonsoir ! Merci pour votre petit mot, ça fait plaisir ! Je crois avoir déjà pointé mon nez ici, mais je viens de feuilleter chaque page avec plus d'attention : j'aime beaucoup les photos, qui ont toutes quelque chose de singulier qui les rend vivantes, le cadrage, la lumière, les couleurs... ;-)
ReplyDeletejust popping in to tell you that this weekend included a two-day sewing course. I have a lot to learn, but at least I have started the journey :)
ReplyDeleteFor some reason your blog keeps falling out of my blog reader. And that is a no no. I love your blog. I'll add you ince again and hope this time your blog will stick to my reader.
ReplyDeleteI have never had cinnamon and pear sauce, but it sounds lovely. Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteOui, "mantequilla" c'est "beurre". Do you show us those recipes???
ReplyDelete