Dec 12, 2010

journaling



is probably what i'll do here, more than usual, this december. sorry if it's boring ! over the past few years i have managed to slow it down during the Advent time & focus on our family time only. it is such a hard exercise to learn to say NO & "shut the world" around you...



this weekend involved a lot of swimming, a lot of tea drinking, finishing my yarn wreath :: an idea from country living US :: and my first crocheted necklace :: inspiration from... myself ! :: and baking our now traditional (we make these in december only) speculaas cookies :: recipe is here but i'm afraid in French, so how about this one instead ?! :: using coconut sugar the only suitable sugar replacement option in this country as for baking for diabetic people. our new (pie)dough cutters are a thoughful gift from my talented friend Lecia (thank you Lecia !) aren't they pretty ?!

34 comments:

  1. Je suis subjuguée par tes photos! Ton collier semble magnifique et j'aimerais bien le voir en entier ;-) Nous sommes aller nager aussi ce matin, ça fait un bien fou, je dois y aller 4 fois par semaine en ce moment. Je vais aller voir de plus près la recette des spéculoos. Miam!
    Bonne, très bonne soirée Valérie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh,I love these colours in these post! Blue and gray and red..just lovely.
    And that yarn wreath is amazing! Brilliant idea and so beautifl..and different!

    And what a funny coincidence that you baked today too! :) Those cutters truly are pretty!! I like how they can be used in any time of the year,they're not too Christmassy.

    Have a cosy evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks divine delicious and delightful! Have a wonderful time enjoying it all!
    xx
    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear, I just love that yarnball wreath! The colors, the idea, everything. Very pretty! Where did you hang it up?! I'm making a wreath with pompoms, only whites... still wip though as there's so much to do these days. I'm working almost everyday until Christmas so I quess I'll be busy. I'm glad to hear you're enjoying this time before Christmas... take care and keep in touch!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    I just discoverd your blog the other day through Anna Allen's link, and I have very much enjoyed reading through your posts. Very inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness...that's it...I want one now! It is absolutely delightful...

    LOVE your crochet necklace too you clever girl!

    Very happy to see my favourite photos amongst these beauties.

    Take Care,

    x Tam

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that first image, very intriguing. Indeed, it is the time to slow down, reflect, and savour each moment of the season. I am delighted to hear that you are doing all the wonderful holiday things.
    keep warm V.

    ReplyDelete
  8. they are pretty, as is everything you share here! And if this is journaling, no it isn't boring at all.

    ps. I really love the quote of the month on your sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merci pour cette recette Valérie, je vais la tenter d'ici peu, j'adore les speculoos :D
    Ce collier au crochet est somptueux, vraiment magnifique, sobre et luxuriant à la fois, exactement ce que j'aime :P j'aimerais bien le voir en entier et porté....? J'espère que ta fille va mieux et que le calme revient :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Toutes tes photos sont vraiment jolies. Et ton collier est une vraie réussite ! J'aurais bien envie, moi aussi, de le voir en entier ;)
    J'adore tes bicuits en forme de feuilles... et les nervures, c'est toi qui les fais ou as-tu un "outil" spécial ?
    Bonne journée.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now that a lot of "big" things are done, cards & packages sent, gift in order, we can now slow down here too--so glad. This time to do more together, make good food, listen to music, take walks in the snow is really special. Thank you for sharing your special moments with us, Valerie. LOVE the crochet necklace! :o) Happy Days ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  12. your speculaas cookies looks yummy. on this weekend we baked cookies too, and we read christmas stories. it was a good quiet weekend.

    greetings Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  13. They sure are pretty - this entire post is gorgeous! Very beautiful blog you have - I'll go explore some more :-)
    Happy December

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love and enjoy all your post, did miss you when you werent much around here ...
    your photos are beautiful! cookies look delicious
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Red and grey are so beautiful together.

    We have also traditional christmas cookies here in finland that we bake only in december. They are called piparkakku.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so glad to see you enjoying your holidays. Please come by my blog, I am having a music giveaway :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. val these shots are magical.
    happy happy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Textes et photos magnifiques. Ce feu de cheminée m'émeut vraiment. Comme toujours : merci !

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautiful, magical photos, so rich!
    merry days to you's.

    ReplyDelete
  21. love the photos! especially the white vases. very festive.
    xo,
    vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  22. Vos photos sont très belles, et ces biscuits ont l'air excellents!

    ReplyDelete
  23. hello valerie,
    thank you for leaving the comment on my blog the other day. here is the ISBN for the book you asked me about!
    4123902677
    you can also see it here at amazon.jp
    http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/switch-language/product/4123902677/ref=dp_change_lang?ie=UTF8&language=en_JP

    ReplyDelete
  24. i am waaay behind in my "internet-ing" and emailing. but i just wanted to comment to say "hello!" i am thinking about what kinds of christmas cookies to make and those speculaas cookies look super YUM! xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. It all looks gorgeous! We're supposed to be making some gingerbread cookies today, but it might not happen: my kids are on the naughty list right now...

    ReplyDelete
  26. hi valerie, thanks for stopping by my blog! your is absolutely beautiful, it has a lovely, peaceful feel and i'm looking forward to reading. happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  27. tes images sont toujours aussi belles ... un vrai régal de passer par ici ... belles Fêtes à toi

    ReplyDelete
  28. On ne peut plus commenter tes derniers posts, normal ???
    J'adore la photo de la piscine et la natte.
    Hope you feel better...

    ReplyDelete
  29. thank you everyone !

    Lucie : je le montrerai en janvier car il part à la vente...
    Pascale : oui c'est pour libérer mes visiteurs qui n'ont pas le temps en cette période de Noël, comme ça personne ne se sent obligé !

    I think I replied all questions by email... so...
    wishing you all a warm & loving Holiday season !

    ReplyDelete
  30. I want to say, your photos in the newest posts are wonderful. I like your decoration and the photos of the swimmingpool and the hairstyle. Great.
    (sadly I can't find the button of comments of the newest post)

    I wish you a nice family time.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hello dear Valerie,
    good, that I've found you back :-) You have a new blog...
    Good to see you again and I hope you're doing well and your daughter is feeling better? Wish you and your family a lovely and cozy Christmas Eve!

    greetinxxx, mel

    ReplyDelete
  32. I was trying to leave this comment on the most recent post but the comments re turned off, so I will say it here:

    Wishing you a merry Christmas and a happy new year!!! Enjoy Oslo!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Ohlala la lumière sur la 3e photo...

    Mais comment se fait-il que je n'ai pas connue ton blog avant ?

    ReplyDelete