Jan 25, 2011

growing is forever




:: yosemite, california. summer 2009 ::

sometimes you come across that little thing, so beautiful, it moves your gut feelings & you obsess about it (click click) all day long. this (click click) is 2 minutes 56 of a true jewel. just wanted to share.

23 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing, Valerie. This image is great. Sometimes I find it incredible at which points between the rocks and stones still trees, grass and flowers are growing. Beautiful.

    P.S. Even the photos from the previous post, I love very much. The colors and the mood of the sea is unique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you. but it is the video link i wanted to share, not really my photo...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, embarrassing. Now I understand. Sorry. But the picture is still beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha :D -- yep a larger policy in one of my posts = a link. thanks again !

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful Valerie....so moving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. gasph!!!
    thank you for sharing its really amazing!


    (i had the most wonderful surpise today!
    thank you so so so much! pls send me your adress! besous!XOXOXO)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm taking some out of town guest to see the mighty redwoods in a couple of weeks. They are from Iowa. The wife, has been my pen pal since I was 11 years old, and we have been writing to each other since then. We have never met, and will get to meet for the first time on Feb.15th. I did a post about it a while back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. (j'écris tellement vite que ça en devient incompréhensible)...
    Donc je recommence: Great photo , great video.
    Ce film est touchant même si je n'ai pas tout comprit. je vais le réecouter...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't get that video to play for me (i think my "fast connection" is too slow). I once read an amazing article in the new yorker on the redwoods, and since then I've also had deep affection for a forest that I can only just imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Une image magique !!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. your photos, also in the previous post... ha!
    thank you, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Est-ce que tu as été là? À California?
    Je dis le même que la belle woolf, tes photos dans le dernier post sont incroyables! Trop belles :)
    Gros bisou!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I come across your blog coming from Abby's Infusion. Thank you for posting the link to the fantastic "Growing is Forever" video. You made my day. Ciao from Italy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Elle est belle cette petite video. Je l'ai même écoutée 2 fois pour mieux comprendre ce qu'elle disait... dure dure l'anglais :-)
    En tout cas, ça donne bien envie de se promener dans cette forêt grandiose...

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE this... thank you, Valerie! :o) ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  17. so beautiful. Makes my eyes wet. The northern California Redwoods are possibly my favorite place on the planet. I was lucky enough to bicycle through there and camp on the ground under these beautiful giants. Thank you for sharing this Valerie, and thank you for your recent visits. Really meant so much to me!

    ReplyDelete
  18. superbe photo! et merci pour le lien. très beau!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sigh, I love California, wish I was there now instead of here. I just drove through 20 cm of snow and it's -14C. I am not leaving the house for the rest of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. thanks for your comment. poor you! we were just speaking of the complete absence of gluten free products in france. still there are loads of yummy pain de levain around.

    this photo is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for this, its beautiful and reminds me of summer. I wish it would be summer already :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. thank you !

    Elizabeth : lucky guests !! exciting that you've been writing so long without meeting :)

    Francesca : so sorry the video is too heavy for your internet connection

    La Mediterraine : oui ! plusieurs fois :) que du bonheur ! I even met lovely Elizabeth (above)

    Thumbly : welcome here !

    raining sheep : on the other hand I envy (in a good way) your snow !!!

    Mary : yes, it's a pain ! even if it's getting a tiny little better. we can now find some Schär GF products.

    Solen: me too, but only if it is a sunny summer !

    ReplyDelete