with a soul
:: photo taken from näsinneula tower, behind a glass & with bad lighting in background ::
the weather was dark & a little foggy during all the stay, so no good photo to expect but it didn't matter because now i can choose from the heart only, and
tampere welcomes you so warmly when you push/pull the door... a city with a soul, and just a few steps away from nature like stockholm or san francisco, so you don't feel the weight (stress ?) of a city. one of these places i felt so sad to leave.
:: night view from our hotel room ::
doesn't this fit this today
corner view Theresa ?! looks like ::
winter :: doesn't it ?!
Looks so cold! All that snow - gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your email and for showing your view of the town where I live at the moment. It is lovely to see it through your eyes, with tiny details.
ReplyDeleteDuring winter I forget that part of the town where those boats are. Should have a small walk in there soon. Maybe we saw on the streets without knowing.
Happy to have found here to your pictures and words.
Just now some more snow started to dance in the air. Happy Wednesday greetings with warm thoughts.
Bbrrr! ....magnifique!
ReplyDeleteI don't think it gets more wintry than boats trapped in ice and snow!
ReplyDeleteI thought we had much snow, but there is much, much more snow. Even the streets are full of snow.
ReplyDeleteThese are very nice photos with beautiful colors, they make me want to travel to Finland. The first photo has a fantastic view, it makes me dizzy. :)
Thanks for sharing.
C'est magnifique, et malgré la non lumière, elles sont chouettes, la dernière est superbe...
ReplyDeletetu as raison parfait pour le CV ... ta dernière photo me fait penser à la vue que nous avions de notre hôtel à Cracovie ... j'espère que tu verras ça bientôt !!
ReplyDeleteTes photos sont sublimes!!!
ReplyDeletePar contre ça donne froid!!!☺
Biz chez toi
Valerie, you do tell the most beautiful stories with your photographs. I really appreciate the play of light and shadow in these images. Thank you for sharing -xo-
ReplyDeleteWhat amazing pictures they are! Especially the one with the boats!
ReplyDeleteHave a nice day
your photos have soul, sister!
ReplyDeleteI don't see it as "bad lighting". It is the light of winter...the sun is gone and we must live in less light. It is a time to turn inward and reflect our inner light!!!! ;) :) :p ♥♥♥
ReplyDeleteFabulous photos...the tree with the red building behind....the candle lamp....favourites!!!
Merci for the visit...and the sweet comments....I feel the same when you are gone....
M
Valérie... you don't stop to amaze me... these photos from Tampere are a proof of it, once again... your photography skills are more than excellent!!! Love your eye for things, love the way you see the world. I recognize a lot of the places... so bad I couldn't make it there. But I'm sure we'll get another chance!!! Hugs and have a lovely week!
ReplyDeleteAnd one more thing... you have THE soul!!!
ReplyDeleteBonjour,
ReplyDeleteSuperbes photos!
On sens le froide si on ferme les yeux ont pourrais entendre le bruit des pas dans la neige ;)
Happy wednesday
Toute cette blancheur donne un air romantique à tes photos!!!
ReplyDeleteValerie, you are quite the world traveler, i had never even heard of Tempere until you mentioned it. i imagine with your wonderful stay there, you might return some day ?
ReplyDeleteThose photos bring back memories. I used to live in Tampere, and I can remember skiing through the forests and across the frozen lakes in winter.
ReplyDeleteso beautiful and cold!!
ReplyDeleteI love it!
oh, this does make me want to go ice skating. these are really beautiful pictures and, yes, so fitting for CV. happy winter!
ReplyDeleteFrosty and gorgeous. You still managed to get such beautiful winter scape photos.
ReplyDeleteSo weird to see a bit of Finland in your pictures! But defintely in a good way,these are lovely pics! Tampere looks good:) And your hotel was in a very good place!
ReplyDeleteoh, god, I'm in love.
ReplyDeleteI'm moving there. soon.
(thanks for sharing these pics with us.)
Bonsoir Valérie ! Bien sympa tes photos, j'aime bien l'atmosphère qui s'en dégage. J'aime bien la première photo, on dirait que tu étais dans un gratte-ciel. Bonne soirée et à bientôt !
ReplyDeletehow lovely to see Finland here in your blog! and oh how Finland it looks.. great to hear you liked Tampere and were there! I must admit I have never much liked the town (just one word: prejudices), and even didn't apply there to university because of that, though it was one of the options.. but your photos.. they made the town look like I would like to move there.. now! :)
ReplyDeleteA winter vacation to a land so cold and snowy sounds incredible. What a lovely experience.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
i, in turn, can't view YOUR e-mail address...,
ReplyDeletethus i'm getting back to you on the salad dryer, a-here...
(you could always slip me your e-mail address?):
"i suppose one could call it one serious collection of salad dryers, not that i need them, of course. i do not know where that little obsession comes from neither, maybe i find them overly attractive...
red&white sounds ever so wonderful!
and missie, fyi, i'm belgian, and flemish at that...."
;)))
x
nadine
Looks like perfect winter!
ReplyDeletei´m a bit dissapointed that we didn´t have a chance to meet, but it was ment to be like this.
ReplyDeleteit´s so great to see that you had a lovely trip. Frosty tampere looks beautiful trouhg your camera. I guess I have seen it too much and get a bit blind to it. I like this new point of view to a place that has a special place in my memories.
Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteoh these are wonderful! can´t wait to see your summer ones. ;)
ReplyDeleteAh, Tampere...I lived there the 30 first years of my life before moving to France, Netherlands and now Belgium.
ReplyDeletevery beautiful pictures... i love them...
ReplyDelete