Feb 13, 2011

without


... a computer, without any internet connection this past week. missed my friends, but wasn't so bad. thanks for no addiction.

 i was spoiled rotten in the mail. thank you so much, friends, i love you :: hosted a wonderful chocolate party for which i cooked some egg-free chocolate creams :: enjoyed a candlelit hot bath with some geranium & rosemary organic essential oils, something i should do more often :: caught the boots i had been drooling on all winter half-priced :: started reading my third book of the year, after these two i loved. i have a plan for the year, that for each book i start i should have a new one added on the to-read-list. any suggestion for my 2011 library ?
unfortunately we had our oldest cat sick (but recovering) & L.'s favorite mouse died (of old age) this saturday.
you might want to make this pretty bunting (with kids maybe) this sunday.
hopefully M. has cleaned & repaired my laptop for good... happy sunday to you x

edit : another laptop crash down ! i'm on my husband's computer for now. has anybody heard of issues with the avast pro anti-virus these days ? we're suspicious about this...

28 comments:

  1. * Oh, I'm so sorry to hear from your mouse (first I thought it was a rat, who I also love, had one before). Hope your daughter is not sooooo heart-broken? But she got old :-), that's good. Most mouses die from cancer :-(

    * Oh, what would I give for a hot bath, ahhhh (dream dream). Next apartment will have a bath-tub. Interesting, yesterday I was thinking about to make bath-bombs and cosmetic by myself and now you writing about all these yummy organic oils, ahhh, I can smell them, hmmmmm!
    I guess it was like balm for your soul ;-)

    * it's great to have friends, who writing in the old fashion way. Better than to get just bills in the mail box, hehehe

    * chocolate? I miss choco, since I'm sick I'm not allowed to eat it anymore, my hubby says too much sugar for me, no more. Right now he is the person who shops... hehehe The glasses of choco looks yummy and that white stuff, let me guess: coconut flakes or white chocolate?

    * lucky girl (like the vintage style of your boots)

    * Have a great Sunday and hopefully a sunny one ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Mel for your nice words on the mouse & feedback
    please let me know if you achieve some bath balls, i saw a tute about this but it was last year, didn't bookmark the link, but to have a go crossed my mind too :) we have a long tub but it is not too deep so it doesn't require so much water.
    sorry to hear you have to reduce sugar for a while. these choco cups (tiny) were made with dark chocolate & agave syrup (and cream & agar-agar...) so even my diabetic daughter could eat one !
    yep lucky because these boots are just as comfortable as slippers & 50% off :D
    enjoy your sunday too, and get well xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. and yes (organic) coconut flakes as a topping :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Murakami - my favorite by him is Sputnik Sweetheart, if you liked Norwegian Wood, you'll love it (as well as the short story UFO in Kushiro). Did you know they're making Norwegian Wood into a movie? The guy from Radiohead is composing the soundtrack.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darcy -- yes I know about the movie. but I don't think it is out here in France. I'll go see it if it is.
    I was wondering what to read of him next, so thank you so much for the suggestion which I'll probably follow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes, yes! would be happy to recommend:
    alone in berlin - hans fallada
    invisible - paul auster
    glennkill - leonie swann

    sorry about your mouse...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also read this Murakami.
    A bath with organic oils seems a good programm overall!
    Thanks for the order, I wrote a small article about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Valerie, glad you're back! I've been reading through your archives since I came across your blog (through Christine), and I read about your gluten-intolerance. Even though you've probably heard about it, I just wanted to mention a blog that has amazing gluten-free recipes. You can find it at http://www.latartinegourmande.com/ she's got amazing ideas and really nice photos.

    As for books, I am currently addicted to swedish crime writers such as Hennign Mankell, Asa Larsson and Kjell Eriksson. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alonim : thank you for the book recommandations. I don't know any of them so I'm taking note !

    A Little Happier : you sweet girl ! I hope you liked it... I'm typing on my husband's computer : mine crashed down again :( we suspect a virus went thru Avast Pro, but not sure. I'll try to go visit you this evening xo

    Monica : ohoh you did that ? go through my archives ?!! ;) thank you for the blog advice, I think I heard of it, or visited but I can't remember she had gluten-free recipes.
    I have to dig this swedish writer gangs ! i have read a LOT OF crime novels this past decade starting with Patricia Cornwell in my early 30ies, and the last serie were the Icelandic writer Arnaldur Indridasson.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rosa candida, Entre ciel et terre (****), La ballade d'Iza (Magda Szabo), La cage aux lézards, Prodigieuses créatures, La ferme des Neshov (3 tomes), La couleur des sentiments... je continue?
    Chez toi, les chats ne mangent pas les souris? C'est une maison magique!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh,I love your boots and all those nice packages you've had! (and you deserve to be spoiled!)
    But so so sorry about your lovely-looking mouse,how sad! :(

    Good luck with those computers!! I hate problems with them 'cos I don't know how to fix them...too hi-tech for me! Wish I could help you..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello there V. Sorry about the mouse. And the computer issues. I think a bath was and is well deserved, especially if it involves sensual bath oils.
    As for reading, I will stalk your suggested reading simply because I need some fresh new books to read!
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Alice : quelle mine d'or tu es ! je commencerais peut-être par celui à qui tu donnes plein d'étoiles.... et oui la maison magique s'appelle une cage !

    Niina : thank you friend ! yep don't know how to fix them either, but my husband enjoys working on this (and showing how good he can be !!) so I have my fingers crossed he'll find out the problem and will do something...

    Lucy : I emailed & flickr-mailed you yesterday so hopefully you know by now what a fairy I think you have & what a large smile it brought to my face :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, but it sounded like a very good online sabbatical, Valerie... Do please share the egg-free chocolate creams! LOVE those boots and excellent reading. So sorry about the mouse... :o( Hoping very much your computer issues will be solved soon. Thanks for your lovely visit at my place and your uplifting thoughts. :o) Happy Valentine's Day, my friend ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice reading......oh but sorry about the mouse...ah but he is running around tons of cheese and smiling down at his home from mouse heaven :-)LOVE those boots!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Always good to see a new post from you :) I really don't have any good book titles for you, I haven't read a good book in a long long time I'm afraid.
    Poor little mouse :( Small or large, animals touch our hearts in such a special way don't they.
    Love the boots, they are pretty amazing, and half off, makes them even better :)

    Happy St. Valentines to you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely idea to have a chocolate party. I like your book choices too! Happy Valentines!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lucky girl! Those boots are so lovely. I wish I could wear something like that instead of my giant winter boots. So ready for spring! And as terrible as having a broken computer sounds, I'm sure it's refreshing not to have the constant pull of the world wide web :) It looks like you're making the best of it! Sorry to hear about your cat and mouse. I know how special your furry friends are to you. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello, mauvais WE pour ta fille si je comprends bien. J'espère que ton chat va définitivement mieux.
    Sympa la couleur tes bottes, bon achat ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. The poor little mouse, I'm sorry. She looks so cute.

    Your pile of books myself very interested, in helping out even it all sounds very nice to .. A chocolate party - my daughter was very pleased:).

    Have a great week, and soon a solution for your PC.

    ReplyDelete
  21. your pictures are so beautiful! our pet rat just died this week as well, i'm sorry about your mouse.
    those chocolate creams, well, they look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful photos. I miss photography. I barely get to do any right now. So busy. I want to read Margaret Roach's book "and I found peace there". I think I need to find my peace. I have exactly another year of school left. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Tracy : tack ! i'll be glad to email you the recipe when i have things in order in my laptop. if it still works by then ! i thought maybe it never would again :(

    madhu : i like this thought ! thank you !

    elizabeth : thank you for your nice comforting words. and yes 50% off always make a purchase better ;)

    Alexandria : thank you ! I like them too they're very comfy in a soft leather. there was not much chocolate left after the girls were gone !!

    Jenny : you know me well !
    I wouldn't mind snow ! or is this rain you have now ? I agree with you about breaks from the internet, when I CHOOSE to have some. but to have TWO computers crashing down at the same time and in the middle of several transactions with customers for me is really no fun !

    ReplyDelete
  24. menthe blanche : merci ! il s'est vite rétabli malgré son âge et il mange à nouveau comme un jeune homme :) sinon oui, un enfant unique est en général beaucoup touché par le décès de son animal/ses animaux. quel qu'ils soient.

    Li+Belle : maybe Belle would like to throw a choclate party soon ?! :) thank you for your sweet words about the mouse

    Jackie : thank you and I'm really sorry to hear this. How old was he or she ? did you have him/her completely tame ? my daughter said she might be ready for a rat someitmes in the future...

    raining sheep : sounds like a good book, I'm going to google it right now (before my computer breaks down again...) sorry you're so busy. hoepfully not overwhelmed... student or teacher ? good luck for the last year x

    ReplyDelete
  25. glad to see you were spoiled with packages in the mail ~ you deserve them :)
    what a lovely pair of boots you have there !

    ReplyDelete
  26. love your boots Valerie! And that little mouse looks so much like my old favorite pet rat (only smaller). It was a very very sad day when that little rat died.

    ReplyDelete
  27. sympa tes petits achats ... et les petites crèmes ont l'air délicieuses ... j'espère que tu n'as pas perdu toutes tes données sur l'ordi ... bisettes glacées (-10°C hier ...)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Rachel : and as incredible as it seems I got one more this week ! woohoo !

    Abby : L had a hard time, which is normal, because this one on the picture named TAC was her most tamed & favorite. do you have another pet rat or some mice maybe ?

    Isabelle : non ! rien perdu ! ouf ! mais beaucoup de bazar dans mon ordi... les choses ne se placent/trouvent plus au même endroit etc... mon mari a bossé 9 jours dessus... au final, on aura quand même besoin de racheter un ordi :(
    -10 ne me fait absolument pas peut (vive armor lux !) surtout si en plus le ciel est bleu, la je dirais -- pas d'acariens & de la vitamine D -- BLISS !! profite pour moi !

    ReplyDelete