Mar 24, 2011

corner view :: four-legged ::

 i so wished i hadn't missed this corner view !!
but we're switching my laptop from a failing w.vista to w.7 and it had to be totally emptied. right now programs are a whole mess, pictures mostly on an external hard-drive, some bookmarks lost, new habits to take as well...
therefore this is one day late that i introduce our furry family (mice are not pictured here)

domino, our eldest 12 y.o. shy & such a good hunter. regularly comes home with a pigeon in his mouth. first times were hard but that's life !  thief #1. cheese lover.

thelma. thief #2. the outdoor cat who enjoys spending the night in on HER couch. litterally runs away when she sees the camera. except when she's busy yawning. hates any other fellow cat.

loulou. found miserably wet on a rainy halloween evening. the long hair guy. not very bright -- and i'm being nice here ! doesn't want to understand he shouldn't ruin our furniture, scratching them to death. playful. will sleep anywhere, on the floor, in the middle of any room, in the (empty) tub...

layla. black panther & first born. dakota's sister. jealous like crazy. spend most of her time on L.'s bed or radiators in the winter. has the weirdest voice.



dakota. brown mackerel tabby (can you spot the M ?!) little sister to layla. loulou's partner in crime. loud purring. the typical easy going cat.


wendy : you left us 13 months ago after such a brave struggle for life. even the vet was amazed by you. we miss you, girl.
... this makes me think i started this blog some 13 months ago too. missed my first blog-anniversary. oops.

20 comments:

  1. A beautiful part of the family! Dakota looks just like our Rastus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations and happy blog anniversary! These are some of the most amazing photos of cats. The last photo is especially striking, it must be a nice memory of wendy.
    PS thanks for your nice comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your little stories about the pictures very much. And your photos too. Yes!
    I especially like picture 3. I can see the tooth of the yawning cat - so wonderful.:)
    And the last image. That says so much and is so funny.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. my, valerie! those cats just keep on coming! a true little & sweet cat gallery!!!
    never ever read such an inspiring post on cats before. the pictures are divine, so are your words... n♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pictures and descriptions of your furry family made me laugh! Merci

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww, how sweet! i just love kitties! jed and i would like to have one, but i think we will wait for awhile first. my roommate just moved out and with her she took jinx the calico cat that eats too much. hah! yes, she reminds me a lot like your description of loulou. she's not the brightest kitty and often acts like a little child. she loves to go where she's not allowed. the moment she is allowed in, she doesn't want to go there anymore!! kitties are in many ways just like little children. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. p.s. that last picture is precious! i adore your tablecloth too...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos! I love all the different personalities in each one. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Valerie, these truly made my morning. You captured them so beautifully, and I would so love to hug each one of them. The first picture melted my heart. Thanks for the sweet images :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy late anniversary ... beautiful photos of so many cats :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. 5 cats at home? What a family :)
    Each story with a cat can not be replaced... each one is so great! I love them... 2 in my small flat is a good start :)
    Have a nice week end

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your little friends are absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my Valerie I love each and every one of them!!! Would love to favourite them under flickr and enjoy them...smitten!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Quels beaux portraits Valérie! Et quelle belle famille de félins tu as!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh! A very nice blog and the Cats.....too lovely
    Félicitation !

    ReplyDelete
  16. je ne savais pas que tu avais tant de chats ! chanceuse ! ils sont tous plus beaux les uns que les autres.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Je craque, (pour les chats et les photos).
    Ils sont tous très beaux (les photos aussi ;-)
    Et j'aime ta façon de nous parler un peu de chacun d'eux.

    (c'est vrai que Thelma ressemble beaucoup à Tatoum...)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm melting away when giong through this post! Cutest pictures, I can nearly feel the velvet fur under my fingers (or the claws...outch!) and hear them purring in a choir! So hard for me, as I'm longing so much to live with cats (read my CV on this!)!

    I was by the way very pleased about your message in my 2CV-blog! Thanks for your nice words! Of course your husband is welcome to follow and as you are in France, we maybe meet on the 2CV-worldmeeting in Salbris...?? Think about it and tell him to take care of your Deuche, it's worth it, so much fun to drive with open rooof! ;o)
    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  19. danke schön Tanïa... we have to keep updated about all these meetings... I think he will get involved a little more when the 2CV is back up on its ... tyres !! for now we have to work (a lot) on the house remodelling but 2CV is next in the line !!

    ReplyDelete
  20. haaa~m, your cat is so cute! made me laugh.
    Hi, Valerie, I am coco. I found your message when I got home. Your so sweet message made my day. Thankyou.
    I am writing to you as I speak and sending you little something for you. Would you like to give me your address, you can do so on my commnet.
    Your post have lots of lovely photos. I am really fond of France, although I have never been except seeing on TV and magazine, but love the country scene and etc in France. I will write more.
    Looking forward to hear from you.
    coco

    ReplyDelete