Mar 2, 2011

just a note especially for those who regularly communicate with me... to say my computer has broken down again. since M. wants to try any repair & new combination, and his died last month, it may take a while before i have normal access to the internet again. this is a big expense, one we don't need at the moment, but sometimes men should admit there's nothing like going to the store and get the new stuff. i'm so tired of this !  L & i are going south west for a little break while the sun is shining, and before she goes in hospital for a pump (diabetes). enjoy march & see you when i can...

19 comments:

  1. Oh Valerie, I know that computers can drive us crazy when they get hiccups. Unlike, a sketch, or a painting, that you can just take another sheet and begin anew, computers make us wait for them. The one good thing about computers, though, is that it gives people from distant corners of the earth the opportunity to get to know one another and share their daily adventures, difficult or happy, together. In time the computer hiccups will resolve themselves. In the mean time, enjoy the precious few days with your daughter. Close your eyes, feel the sun on your faces, and know that somewhere, on top of a mountain in the middle of nowhere Tennessee, someone is praying for you and your daughter in hopes that the difficult days ahead can be eased by a little more reflection and time spent in the company of those you love. I will have my fingers crossed for you. Carolina

    ReplyDelete
  2. make the memories that will take you through some maybe difficult days... enjoy your break and each other. don't forget the camera!!!....the computer will be there soon and you can tell us all about it. take care Valerie and we'll see you when we can!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun! I hope the computer problems resolve themselves soon:( I miss your beautiful posts!!
    Lots of hugs and prayers for L also. She will be in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. valerie, how annoying!! i hope everything can get worked out soon! in the meantime, enjoy the seasons changing. perhaps i'll see green grass when you return (it snowed last week - though it is melting)! :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope everything works out the right way as soon as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bad news!
    I wish you find a way to fix it soon

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's very frustrating isn't it? Look forward to seeing your beautiful world again soon. x Tam

    ReplyDelete
  8. enjoy that break and good luck in the computer dpt.!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Valerie, had to take a look at your blog. I'm the one with the Swedish pancakes... :) Lovely blog you have! It's such a calmness over it... Lovely pictures, I must say. I really love the scarf with the pompoms, such beautiful stitches. And you have a very pretty daughter! I hope the computer problems come to a solution!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Profitez de vos vacances au soleil et bon courage pour l'hôpital après. A bientôt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Je veux un Mars très doux pour toi et les tiens.
    Gros bisous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy the sun and best of luck with the pump! I believe I told you my two daughters use the pump and they do feel it is very liberating. Best, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. Keep enjoying your beautiful photos! We will be in France this summer....
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope everything gets worked out soon, my friend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. sounds like a getaway is a good idea. Hope you fix everything and you get to delight us with more photos and stories soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh non! j'espère qu'il sera réparé très bientôt et que tu nous reviendras avec tes magnifiques photos!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Faut squatter les ordis des amis !-)
    Good luck for your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  18. May there be light always shining down on you and your family Valerie XX

    ReplyDelete
  19. So very sorry for the very difficult days you are all experiencing right now... and that the computer problems persist too. Thinking of you all, as I so often do... And hoping all will go well for your daughter. Enjoy your trip! These photos have such a magical quality... almost other-wordly. Be taking good care. Join us when you can. :o) ((LOVE & HUGS))

    ReplyDelete