Mar 12, 2011

she said...

... it looked like another world.  and it definitely does. a childhood dream of mine (one should try to make them true as much as they can, don't you think ?) a 5h30 drive south of here. two hours on the top of the world, surrounded by pine woods, ocean, blue sky, silence. a lot of silence. it hurt to go back to civilization.

the banc d'arguin  (a natural protected area for birds) in the almost sunset...

and a view of the great dune of pyla from the sea. always evolving (105 meters high this year) dancing in the wind, slowly moving inland...

sliding & crawling down the dune was so much fun . as a height scale : the dark green part on the left is a forest. my head is full of good memories & a little bit of us is still there, i hope it lasts !

 dedicating this today to Ayumi in Tokyo. such sad news for Japan.

30 comments:

  1. ...beautiful...peaceful....melancholic....sad....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat place -- I've never seen anything like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, no words, Valerie, but thank you & arigatou.

    I really hope my country will be peaceful and safe again as your beautiful shots.

    Thank you for being my friend xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh lordy. what a place...!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such beautiful photos Valerie (always!). What a treat to experience this, and I am glad you fulfilled that dream! It is fun for me to see such a similar landscape in such a faraway place. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Photos Valerie, they are all so dreamy...and such a lovely dedication. xxxt

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful. I´m sure mind rests in a place like that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Magnifiques photos Valérie, cet endroit paraît magique :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous landscape. It is so vast and lonely.

    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tes photos sont tout simplement splendides !

    http://electrical-columbia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Salut Valérie,
    Contente de voir tes photo du Pyla ! J'adore vraiment cet endroit. J'y allais régulièrement quand j'étais petite. J'y ai fait aussi du camping dans "ma jeunesse" :) C'est vraiment l'un des plus beaux sites en France.
    Merci pour ce bol d'air !

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a peaceful, beautiful place! I think I know exactly what you mean when you say that it hurt to go back to civilization. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful photography. I remember visiting these dunes as a student almost 20 years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very soothing pictures, Valerie.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like your computer is back :) I love these pictures of this area I love so much! There is a very special atmosphere other there and your pictures make me think about it!
    I'm driving to your west, near St Malo :)
    Have a nice week end!

    ReplyDelete
  16. c'est beau à couper le souffle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. such a beautiful place...and you'll have it forever...or as long as these photos last!
    so good to have you back...hope all the computer problems are fixed...we miss you when you go away!
    :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. breathtaking ... beautiful ... I can feel the peace. I liked how you dedicated it to your friend, Ayumi, in Japan. How I hope that they can recover and find peace after the tragedy that they are having to endure. Carolina

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful place!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful way to spend the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good to "see" you again. Do I smell a (bit of) new energy? :-)

    Don't know what is deeper, the water of the sea, the blue of the sky, the trees of the woods, the sand of the giant, the vibration of the earth or the waves of the universe? It gives and takes. Often it feels wonderful and like to fly in it and right now I'm confused, because I forgot to realize that all is one...
    Hope you're doing well and my heart is also over there?

    ReplyDelete
  22. tu m'as donné envie d'y aller! et oui, aussi une petite pensée pour les japonais...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Tes photos sont magnifiques Valérie!!
    Liberté!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow! stunning photos!! and moving words. so glad to have found you (or you found me, rather). i'm in awe that a sand dune like that exists in europe! must. visit. france.

    xox,
    /j

    ReplyDelete
  25. Mais quelles sont belles belles belles tes photos ! J'aime beaucoup la 3e.

    Oh je suis, moi aussi, ravie de cette découverte. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful pictures! Even though our circumstances are difficult, it is at times like these we realize how fortunate we really are.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Très apaisant. Je veux y aller...

    ReplyDelete
  28. Amazing! And what I wouldn't give to feel soft, warm sand envelop me right now. Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a beautiful place!

    There are sand dunes to the South of us, but we haven't been. You're more likely to encounter quad bikes and off-road vehicles at those dunes, though.

    It's been awful watching events unfold in Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh my, that's an amazing place! So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete