Apr 13, 2011

corner view :: home ::

what says home to me... random shots... the adventure started 12 years ago and is still going on...  it takes quite a dose of imagination & foolishness to sign the papers for an old house to renovate. some days it feels good, some days i'm not sure if it is worth the hard work & money ! our daughter will one day inherit this place and it will be up to her to weigh this...




 :: a house is made with walls and beams, a home is made with love and dreams ::

see more CV homes  @ fuoriborgo ! next theme is : what's for lunch, on april 27th.

edit : thank you everyone on the comments feedback. fortunately only a few of you have problems posting comments, i hope things will finally get sorted out ...

49 comments:

  1. Wow, this is your house? It pulls in so beautiful. Indescribable. I think the work to renovate the house, it's worth. This is something that belongs to you personally, what has your style. It is your homeland.And the legacy of your daughter - that is always a place that she will come back to them.

    I like the color of the shutters and the door a lot and I like very the pictures from the inside of your house. I am absolutely thrilled.

    P.S. The small black lamp is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing these beautiful images - intimate glimpses into your lovely home. I especially love the look of the front. You're making many special memories there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. J'adore les volets et la porte rose ! C'est magnifique avec la végétation autour. Ne serait-ce pas un rosier Pierre de Ronsard entre la porte et la fenêtre ?? C'est du granit qui habille les ouvertures de ta maison ? Oui, nous avons "quelques briques" qui décorent la maison. Dans le coins, beaucoup de maison du début XX° en ont comme ornement mais pas comme matériau de base. Ici, les plus belles maisons anciennes sont en pierre blanche de tuffeau.
    Si non, j'espère que côté santé, tu te sens mieux aujourd'hui ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. your home looks very beautiful. love your images and the color of your shudders and door :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your lovely comments at my weblog :-) I hope you don't mind that I have reblogged your photo on tumblr, I did credit it back to you, but I'm new to tumblr and am still not sure of what is acceptable and not. I would put all your beautiful pictures on tumblr if I could! Especially that first photograph here - is that your home for real? It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Li+Belle : thank you for the encouragement !! we need it ! the table lamp was a christmas gift from my husband several years ago.

    Lecia : thank you for the nice words. I hope we do !

    Menthe Blanche : merci. et bien vu c'est Pierre de Ronsard, mais ça c'était l'été dernier et il s'est beaucoup étendu en hauteur depuis. sinon oui en Bretagne c'est du granit ;) on a des murs de 60 cm d'épaisseur !! j'ai toujours aimé les briques... en ornemental ou en matériau de base, les maisons du nord, certaines villes des US... tu as l'air d'avoir une très jolie maison.

    Dorte : thank you. the color of the shutters were at first a mistake in the paint mix. but in the end the color was helpful for the friends visiting us to locate the house, so we left it that way !

    sarah : of course not ! i have never managed tumblr ! hence being on pinterest now. and it links automatically ;) thank you for your nice words that i'll try to remember the days we feel discouraged by the amount of work !

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow such a lovely post! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm totally in love with your house. What an idyllic place. The roses, the shutters and the garden for wonderful outdoor meals in the summer; all so lovely.
    A lot of work but you created such a pretty home!
    Brittany?
    Hugs, Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  9. C'est sublime chez toi Valérie!!
    Tes photos toujours très belles..

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMD!!! What a treat to see all the beauty you have around you...of course the most beautiful being L...such a peaceful, loving home you have V...thank you for sharing it!!! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful view of your home! I love how you captured the love. xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. From here it looks nothing but sheer gorgeousness. It's work well worth it, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your home is stunningly beautiful, I've long been an admirer of your decorating talent - as well as your photography.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely post about home. I love the hints of green about.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful note to wake up to left by you in my email. Thank you for making the effort to find me and say such kind words. I am adding you to my bloglist of friends and hope you will come by Sea Cottage to visit me. It is lovely to meet you. Your home is cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Quelle belle maison! et quel beau jardin! Le rosier est déjà en fleurs? Pierre de Ronsard? Encore un point commun, la maison en rénovation, les questions et doutes et le bonheur d'avoir façonné un lieu à soi qui nous ressemble!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is lovely in every way -- the exterior, the landscape, the way the light comes inside, and your beautiful belongings. There is an obvious warmth.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is a beautiful home. But what I liked the best in your photos, was that little note about your sunshine daughter. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Valerie, thank you for all the lovely comments. Your blog is beautiful, and I'm so excited to explore it . . .

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ahhhhh, dusky pink! <3<3<3 (>.<)

    I like the banister, especially in dark green. We have one old one in that color on our terrace, too. And watching it reminds me, how it must be
    many years ago. The house we live in is from 1906, I wish I could peek a little bit in that time, ahhhhh! Old houses have so much spirit, and leaky windows/doors (grin!)

    My parents inherited an old house and I was a teenager, I didn't like that house, so much work and stuff. But today, I wished I would had more interest that time, because they throwaway so many good old vintage stuff. Shame on me! Do you have an old barn or cottage on your property? Did you find some treasures? How old is your house again?

    To find here white curtains like you have (that vintage style pattern) is almost impossible (or maybe I don't find the good stores), I often think to sew my own white curtains, but without a serger is not so easy.

    To have a garden and an old house is a lot of work, but also a cozy paradise.

    Good night!

    ReplyDelete
  21. i'm glad to read at least someone is saying not all renovation is gold, well, i mean, the good days, the bad days.
    but looking at your pictures it is coming along SO WELL, and that just gives me HOPE, girl!
    loving your place, your girl will one day be OVER THE MOON!....
    n♥

    ReplyDelete
  22. Il est bien beau ton jardin secret à toi! J'adore!
    Sylvie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your home looks heavenly, Valerie! Easy for us to say... ;o) LOVE the pink-purple paintwork! Having an old house ourselves, I know the blood, sweat and tears you speak of in transforming an old place. Most days it's worth it though, thankfully... Keep dreaming, my friend ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your home Valerie! All the touches are so you, and the colors of your shutters are so beautiful. Love that little picture of L :)
    L will be so lucky to have that beautiful home someday!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Valerie, your photos made my heart ache! It is a beautiful place, and I am sure your daughter is building incredible memories in thsi place, she will be very greatful to be able to hold on to a place like that. I adore the shutters, and that view of the back-yard is breathtaking. What an incredible peaceful place.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  26. while i have never really been at your house- i can say it is really worth it- because... it is a wonderful wonderful home!
    beautiful post! thank you for letting us into your home
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  27. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  28. comme c'est joli chez toi! ce jardin ! j'en veux un comme ça !

    ReplyDelete
  29. thank you everyone for the encouragements !
    but i didn't show the cracks & holes and god knows there are still many of them ! I didn't show the low temperatures when it can be properly heated in the winter... in the summer though we're pretty happy here in the country.

    Pauline : yes Brittany good job ! Southern Brittany. And I was born on the Northern coast of Brittany :)

    Kerrie : yes I will. I'm always happy to find some people living with the same values as I have.

    Lucie : Pierre de Ronsard oui. Connu n'est ce pas ?! ces photos sont prises à diverses époques : celle au rosier est de l'an dernier fin mai/début juin.

    flowtops : the little stickers are from Shanna Murray http://shannamurray.com/Shanna_Murray/home.html and was purchased one year ago.

    mecamo : as always thank you for sharing ! our house has been built in 1913. yes there was a barn but that piece of land was separated from the one we own in the 6Oies. it is now a vacation/weekend house to some retired people (and therefore our neighbors !)

    woolf : hope is a good feeling isn't it ?! i need it too !!!

    Sylvie : bienvenue !

    Tracy : I didn't know you had an old house ! it looks so neat & lovely on all your photos that I thought it was a newly built one !

    and to all who like the shutters : yes ! but high maintenance too ! Speaking of that, I'll have the top floor shutters to re-paint this summer, anyone for help ?!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Cracks, shmacks. Looks very worth it from where I sit, Valerie. Although I'm sure you're looking forward to the warmer weather! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Do you hear your daughter's laughter in that house? Then it is home, no matter where you are. You really need no more. Having said that, we are fortunate to be the kind of people that extend ourselves to every wall, every doorway, every window, until the home breathes the same deep breaths that we do, sighs the same long sighs, until the reverie cloaks the entire home and every visitor that enter it feels it's embrace and is entranced by it. I loved seeing your beautiful home, I am sure you look the just like it. Carolina

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such beautiful pictures - the one with the curtain and the window is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Bonjour Valérie
    Ton rosier :UNE MERVEILLE!!!
    Ton jardin doit être tout fleuri avec ces beaux jours.
    L'invitation tient toujours (à ton retour),je n'ai pas de news de toi par ton adresse mail...malgré plusieurs messages ,tiens moi au courant si cela a changé.
    Gros bisous
    Pascale

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your home is beautiful. I love your garden. Those roses!

    ReplyDelete
  35. The first picture is just stunning, it looks like a fairytale house :) Lucky you for having such a beautiful home!

    ReplyDelete
  36. wow!! your home is gorgeous Valerie!
    I'm feeling like I'm seeing a beautiful homedecor magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Valerie, thanks so much for your very sweet comment on my blog, brightened up my day =) Your photos are so lovely too, I'll be back for more! Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  38. tes photos sont sublimes!

    ReplyDelete
  39. It's definitely worth it. It looks beautiful. I'm in a 50 year old house in California feeling rather jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Gorgeous! I always love coming here.
    Getting me excited for our trip to France this summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. thank you ladies !

    Amy H : the rose is Pierre de Ronsard. awailable worldwide :)

    Malla : if you say so ! but sometimes it 's a nightmare to be frank !!

    RosaMaria : I have to remember that !! LOL

    Happy weekend to you too, Shirley !

    UK lass in US : ohoh don't be jealous ! believe me ! ours is 98 years old.

    Theresa : i'm excited for you too !!! i'll be following your updates you bet !! i hope you'll have a great time xo

    ReplyDelete
  42. Bonjour Valérie, a chaque fois que je viens je ne peut jamais laisser de commentaires, je ne trouve pas en pied de post ... est qu'il n'y a que moi?

    ReplyDelete
  43. shoot! I wish I could master French so bad because what I want to say would sound better in French!

    ReplyDelete
  44. lili's skies : non en fait sur certains posts je n'ouvre pas les coms donc c'est tout à fait normal et personne ne peut en laisser ! mais merci pour l'intention, c'est sympa !

    lucy : :) if i could speak french to you, i'd certainly sound a little smarter ! i wish i could speak/write better english, too ! xo

    ReplyDelete
  45. Que c'est doux en ce matin de rentrée... Allez hop, je file au boulot le cœur gai! Je t'embrasse Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  46. Coucou Valérie
    L tu es une petite gourmande!!
    Valérie,je n'ai toujours pas eu de message de ta part par ton adresse mail...
    quel vendredi t'arrangerait pour notre petit thé?
    Big kiss
    Ps:j'ai découvert des ancolies avec des grosses fleurs bleues et blanches....MAGNIFIQUES,dans un jardin,maleureusement pas à vendre

    ReplyDelete
  47. Marie ( café tricot)April 28, 2011

    Coucou Valérie, ton blog est vraiment très agréable et tes photos splendides.
    beaucoup de goût, beaucoup de chaleur, beaucoup d'amour..........et ta maison qui me fait craquer........;
    Bises.

    ReplyDelete
  48. maricle : bon courage ! pour nous elles commencent ces vacances, gnak gnak ;)

    Pascale : je t'ai envoyé un mail

    Marie : bienvenue, alors !!! et merci tout plein pour ces mots gentils ! à bientôt au prochain CTC !

    ReplyDelete
  49. ahhh, i found your home here.
    such a lovely house and you are creating
    beautiful homey atmosphere that will be your
    treasure lifetime.

    ReplyDelete