:: my creative space ::
some Spring flowers in a 50/50 linen & cotton blend. so nice to crochet. thank you niina for the pretty pouch that holds my project yarn (loved the vintage fabric !!). handmade gifts are so precious.
some porch cleaning. the place where our country friends sit, talk, eat, drink, laugh... has been washed & scrubbed. now waiting for inspiration (a yearly theme, life's too short) to make it welcoming & cozier. any ideas ? i can't wait until the kitchen is built next to it (but that's going to take a while !) it will make our life so much easier & more enjoyable !
some :: almond cookies ::
for those lucky ones who don't count calories. my usual no-fail recipe. here's for the basis. i add whatever comes to my mind or is available at home. this thursday it was almond extract & almond pink pralines
3/4 cup sugar (i use coconut sugar 30% less sugar)
1/4 cup brown sugar ( and this is where i use white instead)
1 cup of butter
1 egg (i always use free-range organic)
cream the above
add 2 cups flour (i use 1 whole/1 white)
2tsp baking soda & 1/2 tsp salt
bake medium oven until you see cracks on the surface & cookies become slightly golden, about 10-12 minutes.
:: pop at kootoyoo for some more creative spaces & read about her fun hanger challenge. have a nice break Kirsty ::
edit : well i don't know how long this will last, but someone wrote me again they can't post any comment !! there's nobody i can complain to @blogger, so if this becomes permanent... i will have to consider another blog hosting service ? annoying !!
Valerie, I always love to see what new thing you are working on :) Love the color combination of your crochet, but then again I love all of your color choices :)
ReplyDeleteIt is finally sunny here, and our patio needs a big scrub too!
Gorgeous....thankyou for the recipe. Always on the lookout for new ones. x
ReplyDeleteOh,how nice to hear that you liked that purse! And that you found some use for it too:) Did you like those other things on the package? And how was your trip by the way?
ReplyDeleteI love these colours on your pics..so peaceful. And your porch looks nice! A bit rustic but in a good way:) If we had a porch like that,I would but some potted plants in there..and if the place stays dry,maybe some nice pillows and blankets. But we do have a balcony and it's a mess...every spring I plan to wash&organize it but then I forget it...life's really too short!:)
Jolies fleurs en crochet...à quoi les destines-tu?
ReplyDeleteC'est drôle, j'ai ressorti mes fauteuils en rotin sur la terrasse il y a quelques jours et je vois que tu as les mêmes :) Je les ai garnis de coussins pour les heures passées à bouquiner...
Your linen & cotton flowers are so beautiful. I quite like your cozy porch too.
ReplyDeleteElizabeth : thank you i'm glad your sky is blue at last !
ReplyDeleteAndrea : thank you. i mostly bake some quick & easy recipes. i love baking ! i wish we didn't gluten + diabetes issues, it sometimes makes it a little challenging. but that's life !
Niina : of course we did !!! I didn't include the rest of your lovely package in here but I have to mail them to you or you might see them here soon :) I'll email you very soon, these past two weeks have been a little tough with illnesses :( Thank you for your suggestions about the porh, they're much appreciated !
Lucie : pourquoi ne suis-je pas étonnée ( les fauteuils) great minds... on doit avoir quelques p'tites choses en commun :) ! oui oui je mets des coussins tous les ans, juste que je change aussi les housses tous les ans soit je déplace ailleurs soit je fais quelques nouvelles, idem avec des lanternes et bougeoirs...
Denise : thank you. they are a pleasure to crochet ! Having lived in a city just before here, I found it a bit too rustic at first and got used to it because I have noticed it makes our visitors feel very comfortable !!
Valerie our space is dreamy! LOVE the crochet and your space to sit & chat:) YUM to the bikkies too. xxt
ReplyDeleteyour photos are really gorgeous! lovely :)
ReplyDeleteI have not had any difficulty posting on your comments list. Having said that, I am having a bit of difficulty coming up with ideas for your porch because it looks so lovely already. I will give it some thought. Carolina
ReplyDeleteMy friend emailed my a link to your blog . . . It's BEAUTIFUL . . . LOVELY!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely blog! Thanks for stopping by my blog too, and glad you like my fabric! The rose I photographed is from my garden and is called Maurice Utrillo by Delbard. Have a lovely weekend!
ReplyDeleteUn univers chaleureux et tout en douceur... sucrée ;)
ReplyDeleteCes fleurs sont prometteuses… je découvre ton univers et je suis charmée…
ReplyDeleteThese cookies looks pretty sweet!
ReplyDeleteI have one of those huge spools (?) as an outdoor table too!
ReplyDeleteLes tons de tes photos sont très jolis, doux et reposants. Il a l'air bien sympa ton porche, j'y prendrais bien un petit apéro ;))
ReplyDeleteHach, what a nice place to relax, chat with friends and eating. Which plants have you placed? Olive trees I can imagine well.
ReplyDeleteHave a good and sunny weekend!
I love the muted colours for your crochet. Your porch looks like such a welcoming place!
ReplyDeletec'est tellement joli ici, je ne me lasse jamais de visiter.
ReplyDeletePour le problème de "posting", il vient probablement des personnes qui essaient de poster sur ton blog. j'ai eu le même l'année dernière. . il faut savair si ces personnes utilisent firefox. si oui, elles doivent aller dans les préférences de firefox, dams la section "privacy" et cocher la case "accept third-party cookies".
en espérant que ça aide...
Valerie, your crochet flowers are BEAUTIFUL. As is your blog. I will definitely be coming back. I was looking at some of your previous posts and love the Toast products that caught your eye. I was in London in October and Toast was the first shop I headed for. Almost as good as the catalogues themselves.
ReplyDeleteThis is a test, Valerie. I'm trying to understand if I can help.
ReplyDeleteAwsome photo shots! And amazing, how everything matchs.
ReplyDeleteLooks like the comment area is working already :)
* How mean! It's 22:50 PM, actually I had to go to bed one hour before (have to work tomorrow), but I'm not tired and I'm starving so much (no sweets in the house...) and now I have to see those delicious cookies, ahhhhh, how yummy!
ReplyDelete* Your porch looks like a photo from a magazine, I can imagine your old house well, must be soooo cosyyyyy!
* Thank you so much for your lovely words you have send me. You know how to motivate people. Thank you very much for that! I appreciate it.
Belle crochet et photos! And the almond cookies look delicious.
ReplyDeleteThat looks so blissful! And your photography is so lovely!
ReplyDeletetes petits cookies sont bien tentants ... parfait avec un thé bien chaud (aujourd'hui il faisait 7°C !!).
ReplyDeletelove it! all of it.. i could imagine sitting on your porch eating those cookies and crafting along side you :):)
ReplyDelete(clever how i just invited myself isnt it ;))
Ah, you have also a blog.
ReplyDeleteI love the crochet flowers.
I'm working on baskets. You'll see them soon.
Hugs, Pauline
Valerie, that photo of the beautiful crochet is what attracted me on Ravelry. I'm so glad you followed me to my blog and left a comment, because coming here and finding you here has also led me to realise that you are my old friend from Flickr too!
ReplyDeleteSmall (internetty) world.
Your blog is heavenly. I shall be back regularly my friend.
I have fallen in love at first sight with your weblog.
ReplyDeleteYour blog is beautiful, as usual. Great to hear from you again. Bisous! Jenn
ReplyDeletehi Jenn ! nice to hear from you too xo i can see you have found a second job that fits you like a glove thanks to your brother !! :)
ReplyDeleteSarah : i'm very touched thank you so much !
Suse : i'm so glad we were able to reconnect via Rav ! i'll make sure not to loose tracks this time ;)
Pauline : now i got it !!! i'm glad to discover your wonderful blog, besides following your flickr stream ! this adds to the eye pleasure !
L'Atelier : thank you ! and be sure there is nothing that you make me happier than to welcome you at my porch table crafting & snacking some cookies :)
Isabelle : oui c'est fou la différence de température ! ici c'était crocs tongues et robes à petites bretelles la semaine dernière. mais quelquefois je t'envie aussi ce froid, ces beaux paysages enneigés...
Elizabeth : thank you ! it is not always so blissful believe me, we have to work hard on the house to make it a decent place ! but watching the sunset in the quietness of the country from the porch with a cup/glass in hand is a great reward :)
natasha ! thank you. yes the cookies were good. this recipe never fails :)
ReplyDeletemecamo : thank you these are sincere words from a friend xoxo and this house is far from what you say, believe me ! but it is ours at least ! ;) good luck for work.
Nauli : thank you. yes it is a coincidence that i was working on this beige & ivory crochet project ! it seems only a few people have problems commenting... thanks God it is not the whole service that is not working. however i'm sad that i cannot read what some friends would have to say here.
Thumbly : thank you so much. i'm emailing you today xo
Small Things Simple Pleasures : thank you ! yes i love Toast, who doesn't ?! and lucky you being in London at their shop !! I'd love to go to ! I have to think about a short break in London since thanks to Ryan Air we can have cheap flights from here. it is just that accommodation is so expensive in London :(
Nathalie et cetera : tu sais bien que je te retourne le compliment sur tes photos que j'aime tellement !
mer ci pour les précisions, je vais leur de mander à l'occasion. comme je l'ai dit plus haut je regrette de ne pas pouvoir lire ce que ces personnes aimeraient partager ici :(
Lina & Menthe Blanche : you would be SO welcome !!
ReplyDeleteLi+Belle : we have an olive tree (well my husband has since it was a birthday present of his) a few flowers in the sunny season, and i've just bought a mini ginko biloba in a small container...
Francesca : yes it is !! from a construction site ;P
ötli, a little happier : thank you !
AlexLaMarguerite : bienvenue ! j'ai croisé ton nom chez Elsa :) je vais te rendre visite...
YardageGirl : thank you & for the info on the rose ! I have to email you about your move :)
Wasabi Honey Bee : thank you ! let me guess ?! from my investiations, a city farm girl maybe ?!! welcome here !
the muse of the day : thank you. our porch looks ... bare ! but I'll soon add some pillows & plants. i always do for the sunny days, to make it comfy !
gretchenmist & Tam : thank you :)
I love the view of the patio/porch. The colors of your crocheting project are my kind of colors. What are you making? xo
ReplyDeletea table runner, Joyce !
ReplyDeletebut it is finsihed now and i've just started a throw this week. big project !
A table runner you say??? Don't leave the windows in the dining room open or else the wind will blow it away across the ocean! My heart is warm looking at all these tones and viewing your like from here!
ReplyDeletelucy : sweet of you ;) it's been finished for a while now... i wish i had more of this linen/cotton, it has subtle tones & a very pleasant result.
ReplyDelete