Jun 1, 2011

corner view :: M is for... ::


 i never prepare my posts ahead of time, and the day was busy... so today...
M is for mercredi (wednesday)
M is for marché (twice-weekly market in the nearby city)
M is for marcher (to walk)
because to reach the market location downtown, you can't park anywhere close (crowded) and have to walk quite a bit. this goes through some little cobbled & half -timbered streets, some of my favorite shops and you may even say hello to a famous couple (statue) under what was an over-saturated blue sky this wednesday morning (11am).



the market squares are full of a happy crowd, who seems to have lost track of time & buys food, flowers, baskets, or anything striped these past years ! many visitors in the summer, mainly retired people in the winter months.



my friend Alexandra was waiting for me for a nice sewing session in the yard, so i was in a hurry... i bought these yummy verrines for our afternoon together.


thank you Francesca for hosting corner view and to the participants today.

40 comments:

  1. Markets in France are so appealing to the senses.
    This looks very much like Quimper.
    And sewing sessions in the yard; that sounds good to me too and especially with those delights.
    Hugs, Pauline

    (i made the heavenly cakes today, yummy yummy)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello Pauline !
    You did ?! glad your liked them !
    funny you mention Quimper, because I may go there on Friday !
    Spring has been glorious and I'm becoming hooked to yard sewing sessions ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. M comme magnifique! Quel joli mercredi! à bientôt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The weather looks much more pleasant where you are than in the Limousin! Looks like a lovely place :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. swig : thank you x

    Andrea : then come over to Southern Brittany for this long weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow,that place looks fantastic! Especially those houses,they're so beautiful!!
    Sewing session in the yard sounds absolutely lovely too. And those yummies you bought..and cherries! We don't have (good) cherries here yet,just later in the summer..and I can't wait for that long!

    Have a nice evening Valerie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Magnifiques photos de Vannes!....and these verrines look delicious! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous photos as always. You live in a beautiful place. The nicest street markets I've ever been to are in France (Provence, Cotignac and Aix especially).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok. Enough, I am moving there!
    Amazing, considering you don't prepare your posts ahead of time. Me neither :)
    We will be in Paris and Annecy this summer. Will we be near you?
    ps come to my blog to say hi, and bring your daughter this time

    ReplyDelete
  10. !!! thanks for the stroll down memory lane !
    let's have a nice sewing session in the yard ~ be sure to bring some verrines, OK ? ~ oh, wow ! what a treat !
    happy mercredi :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sympa comme tout cette petite balade dans ton fief. Ca donne envie d'aller faire un tour en Bretagne !

    ReplyDelete
  12. thank you for your visit in Vannes :)


    Niina : the city of Vannes (not the actual one of course) is more than 2000 years old... and we had our first cherries of the year last week. every is a little earlier this year (= sunnier Spring)

    Lucie : appelle moi quand tu viens !

    Francesca : the Southern (especially) markets in the warm season are fabulous, I agree !

    Theresa : yes I go with my mood, always spontaneously. I never think, prepare, write down... Paris is quite at a reasonable distance, especially on the TGV (fast train). How long are you staying ?

    nest full of eggs : i often forget you came her e! but promised next time you will, macarons & verrines will be waiting for you and i'd love a sewing day with you in the yard !!

    menthe blanche : la Bretagne ça vous gagne hihi comem le slogan :D préviens moi quand tu viens !

    one flew over : oh i didn't know you've been here ! where in the country have you been ?


    thank you Denise. I was rushing in the market crowd wondering if any of my photo would be decent once in the computer, due to the bright mid-day light... but I usually take my time, especially during the nice season, it's like a 2 hour vacation :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i think i would love wednesdays if i lived there! oh stripes...yes i am buying everything striped these days too. :) how can i resist when i know i'm happy whenever i wear striped anything?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a wonderful day. So who is the famous couple? I have never sewn outdoors before but now that my sewing machine is fixed, maybe I'll give it a try...in the fall after it has cooled off some.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks like such a happy town. Merci, for sharing these joyous photos and for the fun M theme this week:)

    Thank you for your visit and to answere your q, "MVP" stands for "Most Valuable Player". Usually it refers to a person, the 'most valuable' on a team or in a sport, but I used it here to refer to my choice for this week out of all the things that start with "M"! Actually, my daughter suggested putting MVP into the post, she was playing along with me and practicing her vocabulary too:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. M is for Moment ... your blog technique sounds like it's very "in the moment" ... no planning ahead! And this post take us into some very lovely moments in your day! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for the tour of France and the French m lesson. I am hungry now after looking at your treats.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would love to visit you lovely near by village some day :) The shops look so sweet, and the market looks fantastic, but then again, most French markets are pretty fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, you live in a nice town. The colorful houses looks lovely. And the small figures on the wall are so cute. Because one day I will take a holiday :).

    ReplyDelete
  20. i am loving your mercredi, valerie, and thank you for so generously sharing it with us. i am just staring at that overly blue sky. i can sort of feel it!
    what did you make on the sewing machine, i wonder? ;)
    n♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. AnonymousJune 02, 2011

    C'est donc là ton ouest :) Je ne connais pas Vannes, tes photos me donnent très envie... mon ventre gargouille déjà d'impatience :)

    PS: je te rassure, les macarons ont disparu :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh ... such a nice Market :)
    and I missed CV ... time flew yesterday and I don't plan ahead either :(

    ReplyDelete
  23. valerie, I wrote a letter to you, if you like to give me address if you can.
    Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  24. got it! thank you. Your lovely message made my day the other day, that is why!
    will be mailed soon!
    and I will put my address on it. Looking forward to hear from you too. 
    Good night ☾

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow!! all your photos are really Marvelous!! and makes me want to go to France!
    thanks for this great theme!

    happy CV!

    ps. as Nadine, I'm wondering about what you made with the sewing machine...!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You have awesome pictures in your blog. Nice to see photos of everyday life

    ReplyDelete
  27. amazing photographs as always Valerie!!!
    wish i could hop over and share some of those verines with you! bon mercredi!

    ReplyDelete
  28. M is for marvelous market photos. I like mucho!

    ReplyDelete
  29. BLISS!! Lovely to be back and catching up with you here after our travels, Valerie. Summer now... at last... Happy Days ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  30. Definitely a better day than a day of tennis! ;-) ;-) Love your surroundings Valerie....and hurray for stripes!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Mon dieu! Ce sont magnifiques, tes photos! Je voudrais aller en France tout de suite!
    Mmmmerci! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Miam!!!
    Elles me font craquer ces verrines...
    GOURMANDE
    en plus c'est vraiment le meilleur!
    Je t'ai envoyé un mail début de semaine ,va y jeter un oeil
    Bisou

    ReplyDelete
  33. What great houses, but I guess not in winter-time, when the wind dance around (the windows look like single glazing).

    Thats I'm talking about (3.pic), pretty shop deco in front, I would like to shop there even with an empty purse, hehehe...

    The 2 ladies remind me of the 2 old guys from the "Muppets Show"...and reminds me of pirate ships (also the house from pic 2)...

    Until today I did not know what Verrines are. Looks damn good. Hope you had a great sewing session with your friend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  34. AnonymousJune 06, 2011

    Lovely pictures :) That town is really so chaming and the market reminds me of my childhood.

    Greeting holiday apartment london

    ReplyDelete
  35. velerie,
    yes, address is 1F East is correct
    Couldn't find your email address, so I am writing here.
    I am glad you received it! I am the one who should thank you for making my day that day with your lovely commnets.
    Now, I am looking forward to your letter. and thank you in advance.
    Will you be on vacation for a while? if so, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  36. This looks like a great place to stay for a while. Is it France right? Good photos.

    Greetings, cheap flats Barcelona

    ReplyDelete
  37. je découvre ton blog qui me laisse sans voix...de superbes photos, des ouvrages au crochet très délicats, je reviendrai, c'est sur!

    ReplyDelete