Jul 24, 2011

got advice ?

no matter what's going on in the world, this is my own private bubble, so i'm going to talk bubbles.



in real life it is most time easier to get to know people, to predict this or that, there's a body language, a face to look at... but a computer or an iphone is such a wall, a wall as a mask or not, but a wall where it is more difficult to see through. this is poorly said, but you certainly know what i mean.

this blog was a blank canvas, for which i've never tried to "advertise" :  i'm not looking for a big audience, i'm not using anybody for a self-promotion purpose, i'm not trying to work hard on you so you add me to your links, i sell very few stuff in my etsy for which i'm not desperately seeking potential customers either.
and i have a social life in the real world, therefore my computer is not my one & only -- however don't get me wrong, i have a few incredible friends met online, and no doubt our bonds are now beyond an internet connection. it sometimes happens and it feels so good (to trust & be trusted, to love & be loved).
but, and there's a but, i also paid the price for (several) disappointment & deception. and man, they say it hurts and it hurts ! especially when you're gullible & sensitive. because you see, people like me just believe what they're told. they can't imagine how twisted human minds can be, how much opportunism rules the world, or that the people who let grown a i love you friend don't mean it a second (why do they say it then ?!) even after a few years, making someone feel less than nothing in the wink of an eye. because yes, as raw as it sounds, this is not a paranoid shout but a (darker) part of the new virtual reality.



so before i might make the decision to close this little space -- it's been tickling me indeed -- for the hurt is like the rotten apple that spoils the basket, i have a favor to ask to some of the people i may cross roads with or already have :
i'm a what you see is what you get type of girl, on this blog i share honestly & humbly some little bits of my life, the simple things & beauty that i can see around me, record some memories for my daughter to read later...
if you play those games for whatever reason, please don't try to make me feel special, don't try to make me believe you want to be a friend or that i am your friend. there are millions of other souls on the internet, so it's easy to find someone else to play with. don't count me in. we talk about respect.
this heart of mine i'd like to keep it fully & unconditionally open for the people who are worth it, and the friends who i haven't met yet.
i also want to hope that the time i spend here is not pure waste.
and to tell you the truth, the bordeline has become a little blurry lately...


42 comments:

  1. Valerie, I'm sorry someone hurt the most special gift you could give to another, yourself. I hope that if you decide to close your blog it is because you want to not because of someone. I don't alway get over to your corner to peak what is going on, but when I do I enjoy the visit. Hugs... xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Joyce. actually i don't want to close my blog, but i'm getting tired & discouraged of what i witness via this space.
    why is power & fame so important to people ?
    and do people lie just because they're bored or what ?!
    some things i will never be able to comprehend...
    thanks, really, and hugs back to you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Valerie ... I'm so sorry.

    I love your blog - I follow you avidly and I always leave with a smile in recognition as your great talent as a photographer and a writer.

    I'd hate to see you go ... You're my calm in the storm ...

    Ignore it. Brush it off. Just as you would, much more easily, in the real world - it's the wall/mask that makes it so difficult, I know. If we don't know what we're dealing with then it makes us worry that we'll never be able to trust our judgement again ... I do understand!

    But you are you, and I for one, enjoy the connection immensely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. --- *recognition OF ... ahem ... whoops, must keep off the gin ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been happy here.Thank you for your so lovely blogg.My youngs have been crying last days but I have said never loose ones hope.It has been an honour to get even a little bit to know you with your pictures and texts.
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. :( I really love your blog and I get really happy when I see a new post from you. Your imagery is pure eye candy that makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I understand it completely but to respond in English is difficult because I can not find the right words in another language.
    I'm so sorry but let me tell you this; don't let people, people who you know not even personally, rule your life. This is your space !!
    Hugs, Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this space Valerie, keep your chin up, some people are just plain nasty.

    Would hate to see you go x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry to read this post Valerie. Your blog is lovely, and it would be such a loss. Nic

    ReplyDelete
  10. The best gift we give is the gift of ourself, and you have always done that, Valerie--and how much I admire you for that. You keep it real here, and that is so appreciated. I am so sorry that someone has hurt you. Sadly, I know that feeling of being hurt by someone online, someone playing those games. And it really does hurt. Please remember not all are like that. Your real friends will always be there for you. I have come to feel a great friendship for you, meeting through our blogs, emails and photos. I would be sorry not to have this beautiful place of yours to visit you at. But I also respect decisions you might need to make for yourself. ((LOVE & HUGS)) P.S. Many thanks for you kind words & sympathy at mys place... we are still very much in shock over the tragic events in our country this weekend. So sad, so horrible...Thank you for taking a moment to be with us. Blessings to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a long list of blogs I read, but there are a few that I always go to first and (I'm not just saying this) yours is one of those I read first. So, I would be very sad not to read your blog anymore. You're a natural :) It's a shame other people spoil it for those who are the genuine ones. It stinks! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry to read this. I've come to believe that in this virtual world, like in the real one, some events and people are better ignored. Happy and peaceful sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. suis ton coeur valérie....avant tout!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Valerie , who ever it was who hurt you is gone.
    What ever it was that happened is over. Your feelings are hurt,but with time they will heal and you will be stronger for it. Even in life we meet people who hurt us,who use us and then move on...they are empty souls who roam around looking for something they will not find. If you don't want to shut up shop then don't...why let them win and you be left with nothing but a bad memory. Those of us who come here to "visit" and see your view would miss you and I think you would miss the blog and us... :) "do good, love all, trust a few"...
    and when instinct tells you to be careful...be careful
    I would miss you terribly...xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. zut! je ne comprend pas pourquoi certaines personnes s'ingénient à empoisonner la vie des autres. ça m'attristerait de voir ton blog disparaître. c'est toujours un tel plaisir de le visiter. en passant, j'adore la photo du painier

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh valerie! i would hate so much if you left this beautiful space! i love seeing inside your world. although i know i can always write to you, i still love your photographs and the thoughts you write here. i have no idea why people keep attacking you! i suspect those types are just so very insecure. please don't let them knock you down! there are so many great souls here on the internet. i wish we could ban the fakers out there! anyway, i hope they will leave you alone once and for all! i'm so very glad i met you here. you are a true friend, valerie! xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Valerie - don't go! I also live in your part of 'Western France' (I think! - I recognise photos of Vannes) and I so enjoy your beautiful photos of the beaches I could go and find.
    It's nice that there is a blog I regularly read that is set a little closer to home.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I do hope you stay. I love the 2nd photo especially.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would so miss your writings Valerie. The many lessons I have learned and hope to learn some more. I have been disappointed in the past by "friends" and been hurt so bad but when all is calm I realised that I have become all the more stronger and that what matters is that you are still you and have all the people whom you love around you. Another advice I had was to put this person in a boat in your mind and drift them off to a far a way ocean never to be seen by you again. It takes practice but it works eventually :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh Valerie, I'm so sorry if somebody hurts you...
    I hope you dont go... I really love the beautiful and placeful place that you created here.

    ...and thanks for sharing it!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. thank you everyone for your feedback and the amazing support received via emails.

    i'll get back here in the next days, with personal answers, but for now just wanted to clarify that i've not been "attacked" and i'm not talking in this post about one person in particular.
    it is more about the people who approached me with hidden intentions, or the ones who played with some false virtual friendships these past months. last week was the cherry on the cake, hence the pressure for me to let it out today.

    i want to know where i stand, i want to be able to trust my own judgement and i want to be able to save my time, energy and heart for sincere people around, those who treat me with respect.

    and if i can't do that anymore, because i have to be cautious all the time not to be used & abused -- which can be very hard to guess behind a screen -- then i'll prefer to shut this space down and become a simple reader of the blogs i like.

    thank you again !

    ReplyDelete
  22. AnonymousJuly 25, 2011

    Valerie, I am a quiet reader more than a commenter but I visit your blog regularly and think of it as a calm and beautiful space. I am so sorry it doesn't feel that way for you right now. The choice of what to do is yours of course but I will miss your posts if they end. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I agree with Tracy above. Your photos are beautiful!

    PS. Word verification was "table" - and we appreciate what you bring to ti!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Er, "it" not "ti."

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a sad business Valérie... Don't let others walk on your feet! I love your blog, always waiting for a new post, your pictures are pure poetry!
    I'm back from the north of Brittany, the weather was too awful so now I'm having holidays at home ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. AnonymousJuly 25, 2011

    Je suis vraiment triste de lire ton message... oui, réellement une réelle authenticité ressort de ton blog, une véritable pureté de tes photos et c'est pour moi toujours un bonheur de discuter avec toi, ou de venir visiter cet espace!!!
    Quelle que soit ta décision, je t'envoie toute ma tendresse !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. AnonymousJuly 25, 2011

    there is one who heart you but there are many other who love your blog.
    think about it.
    sorry for bad English

    Katerina FF
    Greece

    ReplyDelete
  28. valerie, i'm sorry to read this post. i agree with francesca, some people, real or virtual, are better ignored. hope you get passed it and will continue your beautiful blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. AnonymousJuly 25, 2011

    Dearest Valerie, I'm so sorry!! When we live in such a way--being open, loving and willing to share our heart--this unfortunately is what we risk, on and off the internet. The people from who these things come have troubles, and while I don't make excuses for their behavior, remembering this helps me to move on. Your space here is beautiful, happy, inspiring, honest and full of your kind heart. I hope you will feel encouraged to keep sharing in the way that you do, we need you! xox.

    ReplyDelete
  30. J'aime cet endroit moi aussi. Bises.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Salut Valérie, comme d'habitude avec mon super niveau en anglais, je ne saisis pas toutes les subtilités mais je crois quand même avoir saisi une partie de ton commentaire... C'est dommage d'en arriver là. Je suis peut-être un peu curieuse mais quel type d'ennui ou déception as-tu eu ?
    J'espère en tout cas que tu continueras à nous faire découvrir ton univers à travers tes jolies photos. C'est toujours un plaisir de venir se balader sur ton blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. How horrible that someone would try to take advantage of your natural acceptance and friendship. You have such an eye for photography, always able to capture the beauty and simplicity of every day life. I will miss your blog if you decide you need to cut ties but you, of course, need to do what you feel would be best for you. I sure hope you will continue though.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hey you. Sorry for the late comment here but I want to tell you that you have been one of my favorite ladies for a few years now. I love you for the beauty you see in the world and feel fortunate and blessed that you choose to share it with us. I hope that the women (and men) who come here because we enjoy every last bit of who you are can more than compensate for those few who betrayed you. Keep on smiling, Valerie.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I have had these very same thoughts in the past... your efforts are not wasted at all. I would miss reading your blog! xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Sorry you have had these experiences. I agree with Francesca. Also there is sometimes a vulnerability when we open our lives and sometimes hearts on the internet. Your blog is so soulful, I love it. I wish you a joyful day and many blessings to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Rotten apples, they are the worst. But you have moved on and written this post and created these lovely images. A triumph over the rotten.

    ReplyDelete
  37. so sorry to hear this. Valerie!
    I have been traveling for a month-- and especially the last part of my trip i had no internet
    i agree with all the above. its rotten! i always enjoy reading your blog and loved to get to know your bit by bit, picture by picture. you have been always very kind, supportive and generous and I would really miss hearing from you
    should you decide to leave this space please stay in contanct via email--- and most importantly please please send me your postal adress!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  38. Bonjour Valérie,
    Je découvre ton blog... J'aime...
    Ce que tu relates dans ce post n'est malheureusement qu'une histoire parmi beaucoup d'autres...
    Cela ne change bien entendu rien au fait que cela fait mal.
    Mais pour chaque histoire comme celle-ci, il y a aussi des dizaines d'autres histoires... des histoires de belles rencontres, d'amitiés vraies...
    Ce sont celles-là qui font qu'on se dit "Ça en vaut la peine".

    Valérie (AnyDirectFlight)

    ReplyDelete
  39. marie ( café tricot)July 29, 2011

    Coucou Valérie, mon anglais étant relativement ancien je n'ai pas forcement tout saisi mais j'ai néanmoins compris le fil de ton post;

    l'écran d'un ordinateur est un joli miroir derrière lequel nous nous cachons, qui ne montre que ce que nous voulons montrer et qui permet aux intervenants quelquefois de jouer un personnage, de jouer avec les sentiments, de forcer l'amitié.

    Tu apprendras à prendre du recul vis à vis de ces personnes soit avec l'âge soit en ayant des expériences malheureuses;

    mais internet permet aussi de très belles rencontres, de très belles amitiés et cette raison justifie quelquefois de faire fi des personnes qui n'en valent pas la peine car parmi les autres, il y a ou il y aura peut être une Amie.

    Gros bisous, à la rentrée !
    Marie (st nolff)

    ReplyDelete
  40. merci & thank you everyone. your experience & opinion were precious to me.
    although this coming-out was a bit difficult and came because things went over the top lately, i'm glad i had the guts for this because i will now remember that in all situation a valuable word is " to move on" !
    i think that my problem is to find excuses to toher people, too many excuses, all the time. until the situation becomes hurtful to me.
    i have to learn how to move on sooner than that.
    thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Absolutly not a pure waste... I love what you are, what you are doing and I'm sharing your mood which is so insightful about the virtual world... Tender kiss.

    ReplyDelete
  42. je ne comprends pas l'attitude de ces personnes...

    ReplyDelete