Sep 4, 2011

dolphin session



we came home (tanned) from a few days (tent) camping on the coast yesterday evening. there's much laundry going on today and a cake in the oven this afternoon, the kitchen smells wonderful : apple & roasted almonds. almost like a door opening to another season. july was awful but august gave us sun & pink skies. it's hard to believe school starts tomorrow (1.30pm) and always even harder for me to go back to the school routine & daily commute. i have to sew a pencil case this evening, a last minute order. not so unusual.





 happy september, everyone !

19 comments:

  1. First I thought that it is a real dolphin. So beautiful the waves, the sky, the happiness of your daughter.

    Happy September to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the perfect ending to a summer... wow to all the photos !

    ReplyDelete
  3. L looks so cute on her little dolphin :) Sea shots are so beautiful!!!

    Happy September!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shots Valerie. This trip sounds like the best way to finish a summer vacation. I especally love that last shot. A good return to the regular routine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are really good!! I use to have a dolphin like yours! Have a nice September you too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the photos are so beautiful! What great memories you've made this summer. She looks so happy on her dolphin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. coucou Valérie
    Magnifiques photos..
    je ne sais pas si ton mail fonctionne toujours ?
    Mais...
    je t'ai proposé des pêches....
    alors j'essaie par ton blog
    bisou

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing photographs, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those skies are bliss... pure BLISS! I could get happily lost in all those ribbons of color...*swoon*... Happy Days, Valerie :o) ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  10. superbe tes photos! Bonne rentée ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! It makes me wish for summer days.

    ReplyDelete
  12. isn't it strange how the season goes by so fast? we moved into our new apartment on saturday and it was hot, humid and we moved everything in right before it rained! the next day it was cool and sunny. hasn't changed much since and it feels like autumn is just around the corner. i think everyone has gone back to school here. we have a little playground across the street and it's awfully quiet! jed starts classes at the university on the 20th, so we have a few weeks left before he begins his routine! i could definitely rewind back to summertime, though part of me is looking forward to cooler weather. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. the sunset is glorious and the smiles on L. infectious. I hope you had a good start of the school week.

    Enjoy the week Valerie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. En souhaitant une bonne rentrée à L, à très bientôt !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anna Emilia : you made me smile (the dolphin thing !) but after you wrote this several people on flickr said the same thing !

    nest full of eggs : it is a warm glow yes, given the ugliness of july. but we could have done with an indian summer, as well... don't think that will happen though...

    Elizabeth : she had fun. about seashots.. I was actually IN the water and focused more on how not to have my camera wet rather than adjusting settings !!! i broke my vow not to bring it to the beach :( not good.

    Monica : thank you so much, sweet of you ! I'm still a bit with a step back in the summer, have to find that school/work rythmn back again !

    Neus : oh you did ?! I wish I had one when i was a little girl !!! but I got to try this one ;)

    Tiffany : August was sunnier therefore happier therefore away from the internet ! thank you so much for not giving up on me despite this. I hope last month was nice to you too, and I'll catch up with your news soon xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. pascale : merci ! je t'ai répondu. on se voit bientôt ?!

    Mdmslle : thank you ! sunny days kept us away from any virtual life but it was worth it.

    Tracy : I would bet they're very inspiring for your paintings ?! I saw (too quickly but still) your journal illustrations on flickr, they're very very good !

    Sylvie : merci ! bonne rentrée à toi aussi... ah l'automne la saison du tricot ;D !!

    Tracy : thank you. i'm always amazed that the south hemisphere celebrates Christmas in flip-flops and what an experience this must be. You're heading into Spring now ?

    Anna : so glad to hear from you. your comments are so nice to read. I hope you guys will enjoy life in the windy city :) can't wait to hear more about your new life as a city girl ! xo

    mirabellef : merci et bonne rentrée xx

    lucy : not really a good week, but it was nice to be able to look at the summer photos & rely on the nice memories made together. again congratulations on your fabulous work !


    isa : merci ! j'espère qu'on se voit très bientôt cela dépend de ce que tu sais te concernant, mais un verre avec aiguilles avant le CTC de septembre qu'en dis-tu ?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful photos. The sunset is perfect - and L seems to have much fun in the water. Too bad that we live so far away from the sea.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. velerie,
    for grazed carrots, i did experiment with white wine and came out pretty good.
    you can add 30ml(it is about 2 table spoon), just little enough to give flavor.

    ReplyDelete