Sep 28, 2011

There are two kinds of light : the glow that illumines, and the glare that obscures
:: James Thurber ::






starting a new sweater for L. but haven't decided yet what it is going to look like (on the photo is the back) i know it sounds odd but i draw my own patterns and sort of go with the flow !! is there any chance anyone reading this could review this book or that one ? i'd like to buy one of them... cables are probably one of the reasons i gave knitting a try some two years ago.
most public & private school teachers were on strike today in france and it was nice to enjoy a mother & daughter sunny day in the yard. 27 °C & expecting same plan tomorrow wow !

21 comments:

  1. Other than what you see on Amazon, I am not familiar with either book, Valerie. I do think, however that you would be buying the book for inspiration rather than instruction. Like you, I might read a pattern, but usually end up doing my own thing. Erica Knight teaches a lot of workshops on "this side of the pond". I also read your last post - walnuts? I am jealous. I will have to see if I can find a walnut tree in my area. Most of them are Black walnuts that have stronger flavor than the regular English walnut. The Black walnuts are preferred when making things like walnut ice cream when stronger flavor is needed. How did the walnut loaf turn out? Good luck with the sweater for L. Carolina

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really captured that autumn light beautifully here. And those cables are impressive! Maybe someday... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And both are beautiful! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mais c'est quoi ces belles torsades sur la première photo!!!Tu vois t'es bonne en tricot ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pattern for the sweater looks so lovely already! I just love the photos you take of plants, flowers, trees. It's very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tes images ont la douceur de cet été indien dans lequel baigne la France en ce moment...
    Je n'ai jamais tricoté qu'une écharpe (même pas terminée...)... j'admire..
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sweater you're knitting in the first picture looks somptuous!
    Je tricote un peu mais je n'ai encore jamais essayé les torsades.
    Glorious days in our county, aren't they? :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I am wanting a new grey sweater. Lovely. Enjoy day 2 of mother and daughter in the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, the first photo is SO beautiful! I love it!

    I also planning to start knitting a sweater, I allready have yarns, but I just don´t seem to find a good patterns. You are so talented, when you can make your own patterns. I could never do that :)

    Enjoy the warm season there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I knew how to knit, or crochet for that matter. I can't wait to see your gray sweater finished :) Ah, the fall strikes in autumn. I remember the bulk of the strikes in October, when we were there. What a good excuse for a nice day together though :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely cabling! I haven't read either of those books -- but I do like Erika Knight! I have her Simple Crochet book and pick it up often.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Très chouettes les torsades ! Ce pull promet d'être superbe !
    J'essaie de te joindre mais où laisser mon adresse mail ?
    Marilou de la jungle !

    ReplyDelete
  13. ...green and a bit red >>> <3 ...

    Enjoy the school off day and the awesome fall start. It's like balm for the soul...The knitting looks pretty good, I never could manage this, hehehe...

    Oh, wasn't for a long time on-line, finally we moved out, out the mold hell... Details later, it's kind of late...

    Have a good weekend! hugs, Mel

    ReplyDelete
  14. love love love the pics!
    and the colour of the sweater is probably my favorite kind for a knitted top of any kind... greys -sigh!!- it looks already really amazing cant wait to see it finished - and yeay! for cables they are simply gorg... sorry i dont have either books. let us know which one you got and what you think about it
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ces deux livres sont magnifiques. J’hésite depuis un moment pour acheter le premier.
    Tes photos sont toujours aussi belles.

    ReplyDelete
  16. je ne connais ni l'un ni l'autre, et je n'en connais aucun que je pourrais te conseiller... par contre, j'ai une grosse envie de plaid, de coussins torsadés..

    ReplyDelete
  17. your sweater looks fabulous, love the natural color!
    love the way you share the beauty around you...

    ReplyDelete
  18. comme j'aimerais avoir ton talent! et ces couleurs... c'est toujours un plaisir de te visiter. c'est si caleme et beau ici !

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's already looking great - I love that colour and cables work. I always like how cables look so impressively complicated despite being pretty easy to do.

    ReplyDelete
  20. These photos are so pretty. I really love that 2nd photo with all the green and bokeh!

    ReplyDelete