yes i sew
and i crochet, too. it's just that it has not been in my priorities to photograph them lately !
as odd as it may sound, i want to thank you all the people who have turned their back on me these past 5 or 6 months thinking i was not creative enough anymore to be worth it. because this attitude has strenghtened me in the idea that taking care of a newly diagnosed diabetic child is so much more important that all the crafty posts i could publish, and that i will never lapse into these so-called blog "expectations".
anyway, i'm glad to be back at our creative spaces this thursday
i have decided to treat myself with a new wardrobe for this winter. and these are the first additions to it. the long tunic is from this japanese book, and the shawlette my own pattern in a local swedish wool bought here 2 years ago. the photos are pitiful given that the dummy is a size S, and i am not !!! i so enjoyed to choose my own materials, textures, colors as well as to save money. i want to wear these with tall boots in the cold season... which hopefully won't come too soon....
oh, Swedish wool... lovely !
ReplyDeletehow lovely! i need also one! :)
ReplyDeleteI really like those japanese pattern books. I have two for adults and one children. Eventhough I have had those books for over a year now, I have only managed to sew only three dresses :) But it doesn´t matter, sometimes I just look at the beautiful pictures and that makes me happy.
ReplyDeleteIt´s weird how life throws all of us the way we could never think of. But it´s a good thing, when you can look back in your life and say that I made it throught that and learn little bit of who I am and priorities of mt life. I wish you all the best. Big hug!
I just wanted to say Hi!
ReplyDeleteI only recently discovered your beautiful blog and can relate entirely to your work/life priorities.
I too love Norwegian wool and Japanese Dress Pattern books!! How freaky is that :)
Hugs to you and your family
xx
They are very beautiful. Now I am thinking not go to sleep but to knit and sew and crochet all the rainy night through. Happily (I guess) I am an early bird, so I also fall asleep very early. But so lovely to see that you have done something so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteGood night! (:
Valerie, that shall is SO GORGEOUS!!!!! Do you plan on making some for your Etsy shop? I just love how cozy it looks, and it must feel divine!!!
ReplyDeleteWOWWW! You sew and you crochet ina gorgeous mood!!!
ReplyDeleteLove that look you 'll wear this winter!!!!
This is beautiful! Yay to Japanese pattern books. They are addictive :)
ReplyDeleteFamily should always come first.
ReplyDeleteLove your new shawl xx
Dear Valerie,
ReplyDeleteI hope you know that your blog is SO good because of you. You as the wonderful, interesting, intelligent woman you are.
And the fact that you create, is simple a beautiful bonus.
I love the fact that you put your loved ones above a blog. That says a whole lot about you as a person...
Take care, Valerie and enjoy the weekend.
Ulla xx
Both are absolutely wonderful and go so well together! I love Japanese sewing books to look at but somehow feel slightly scared of making anything from them. By the way...I find all of your posts inspiring, your photography beautiful.
ReplyDeleteLina xoxo
how lovely! tunic and scalf both look so nice. it is amazing that you crochet that much.
ReplyDeleteOnce again, your color selection is perfect. I am really liking all of the elements! I am not usually one to like belted dresses because they look horrible on me...but this one...I want the whole outfit. I really like the yoke on it. I want to see it on you. :o) I bet it looks so cute.
ReplyDeleteHi Valerie, I couldn't find an email address for you, so apologies for commenting rather than emailing you. Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog. I'm enjoying looking through your delightful blog. Jo x
ReplyDeletePS. I LOVE your dress and shawl - very beautiful and creative.
Hi Valérie !
ReplyDeletePlease do continue to sew and crochet, you've got magic fingers !!! The shawl is gorgeous, very nice color. People will turn around and look at you as you'll be walking in the streets this winter and think : what a great look ! Please do continue to post photos of our wonderful Bretagne ! And yes, family is very important, L. is very lucky to have you as a mother and you to have her as a daughter !
xxx
Marilou of the Sumatran Jungle !
Bravo Valérie! Ce châle et cette tunique sont merveilleux! Sans toi, je n'aurais jamais pensé associer carreaux et maille crochetée! Superbe!! J'avoue que j'ai un faible pour le châle, il a l'air si doux!
ReplyDeleteScarf and Tunika fit together perfectly. I like both colors, and with high boots = superb.
ReplyDeleteHave a good weekend!
gorgeous!!
ReplyDeleteC'est très joli tout ça, tu te débrouilles drôlement bien !!
ReplyDeleteValerie your work is beautiful. I love the colours you have chosen, such a beautiful outfit and it will look great with boots in winter. Your blog is lovely and thank you so much for visiting mine and your lovely comments. Have a wonderful weekend. x
ReplyDeleteOh Valerie! you have a very good job!! is so beautiful!!i love the scraf!
ReplyDeleteThe shawl is amazing, and your blog is a delight, with crafty posts or without! Happy weekend!
ReplyDeleteWhat I have always found lovely about your blog is the fact that you do create and continuously strive to create a balance between family and work (or creative endeavours). It does not matter how rare or how often, I think you have your priorities right.
ReplyDeleteAnd I love the outfit.
Lovely...just sooo lovely... I admire creativity, Valerie. You have a gift for pairing colors, fabric and details... Happy Weekend ((HUGS))
ReplyDeleteI love the combination of the plaid and crochet! I could see that being a fall uniform for sure...
ReplyDeleteyou can do a whole lot more than sewing and crocheting, Valerie. also, writing a blog per se is very creative - the writing, the photography, the composing. there are no expectations, just blog!
ReplyDeletethe shawl is gorgeous, I'm a little sad that there's no pattern, and in awe at your crochet design skills. ciao!
PS I have trouble leaving comments here, most of the times they disappear, maybe this is what other readers are experiencing too!
What a fantastic outfit, Valerie, it is going to look perfect with your boots! xoxo K
ReplyDeleteOh wow,those are so beautiful!! I love them both! And I would really love to wear them too..:)
ReplyDeleteI have one japanese pattern book too,but I've only made one dress..I'm too lazy&unskilled to sew more:) But those books are really nice too.
So sorry to hear about those people who have turned their back on you. But you know,it's their loss!
Have a nice weekend dear Valerie! xoxo
I connect with every one of your posts. I love them. To see that you are not only a terrific mother, but also a fabulous photographer and a gifted crafter, makes me happy. I like getting glimpses into someone else's life who is trying as hard as I am to keep the balance, while maintaining the priorities. Keep going, keep going at what ever pace it comes at. Carolina
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, sounds like you have had a very tough few months. I only stumbled across your blog recently in the months when you have been sharing your beautiful photographs, I can't imagine that being considered not creative enough. Your winter wardrobe looks lovely. I am looking forward to warmer weather so send it out way once you are done with it. Amelia.
ReplyDeleteIl est superbe,la laine est très belle aussi, c'est quoi?
ReplyDeletewow! l'automne s'annonce bien. j'aime beacoup cette tunique. mais comment as-tu fait pour lire les instructions en japonais?
ReplyDeleteYour shawl and dress are both beautiful. And I am sure much else has been made and done by you that could equally have been blogged, but I agree, blogging should be incidental to life, not its centre.
ReplyDeletej'adoooooore! et oh! enfin des choses pour toi!!!!! en plus, exactement ton style!!!!!! je ne peux que te féliciter!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWhaouuuu! marvelous! creative as well ;o) cosy isnt't it? bisous
ReplyDeleteC'est un vrai trésor que tu as autour de cou. Prends soin de ta fille.
ReplyDeleteBeautifully matched too!
ReplyDeleteyes, beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThat is a great way of make something for your self. The shawl is gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteThat scarf is really beautiful. I'm sorry to hear about your daughter. I wish her the best. It's such an impact for a young girl being diagnosed with diabetic. And yes, family is the most important thing in life.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Pauline
they are beautiful both youur shawl and dress.
ReplyDeletekeep posting
keep making
with love
Katerina FF
Greece
It looks beautiful! I seem to recollect that I sew and crochet, too - you just wouldn't know it lately. Time to reclaim my crafting time...
ReplyDelete(ugh, why aren't sites letting me post comments as normal? - sorry for the URL only signature)
UK lass in US : no clue ! but thank you for visiting !
ReplyDeletethank you Katerina !
Paulie : this is a walk or die. and we chose to walk ! thank you for your comment !
riotyarn, Ritva, Madhu, nata, maricle, Amélie : thank you !
Tracy : we're on the same wavelenght, thanks for the supportive words
natalie et cetera : je ne lis pas je regarde les schémas haha ! mais maintenant il y en a quelques uns traduits en français ou anglais
sylvie : une laine locale suédoise vendue en petite quantité dans la boutique mise en lien. genre holstgarn. contente de t'avoir parlé l'autre soir ! et merci !
ReplyDeleteduyvken, Karen, Tracy, Laura, RID, Anrea, One Flew Over, Kritin, Jo, Coco, Anna, Lina, Menthe Blanche, melski, Tiffany, Catherine, Lucie, ninanupa, nest full of eggs : thank you for your encouraging words !
the muse of the day : thank you so much, and as you said ... balance ! hard to find but the key to a lot of things. thank you for the amazing email !!! <3
Niina : oh make more !!! the patterns are easy most of the time ! it is new for me, but i made quit a few of them these past years for my daughter...
Anna Emilia : you're an early bird ? lucky you ! i so wish i was, but since I was a little girl, i've always been a night owl !
Elizabeth : in my shop... don't know... depends if i'm too busy or not with real life. but there's one on the way to the pacific coast this week ;)
Francesca : grazie ! it is a simple granny shawl base where you start by the longest width, and i improvised a border from some sample seen in japanese book, that i modified to fit the shawl. so no pattern, the fun is to make your own unique one !!
sorry you had problems with comments, but thank you for your visit !
Ulla : friend, your words go straight to my heart & make me blush
Solen : kiitos ! I sewed more for my daughter from the japanese books ! I have several for adults but only starting to make things for myself. i love the photos too.
a big hug back to you too xx
Joanne : it is not freaky at all ! but a wodnerful combination ;)
Marilou de la jungle : tu as une connexion internet valide ? chouette ! mais je n'ai pas ton adresse mail ! peux-tu m'écrire sur la mienne ? sinon je compte te joindre par snail mail di'ic la fin de l'année ! j'espère que tout va bien ! gros bisous
ReplyDeleteFabulous new additions!
ReplyDeletemerci Denise ! always a pleasure to hear from you x
ReplyDeleteThank you for the shawl picture - I liked it so much I have made a version for myself and another for my daughter and will be working on a third one for my other daughter. Some Christmas presents sorted (but unusual to be making them in this heatwave!)
ReplyDeleteSO chic, j'adore l'ensemble.
ReplyDeleteBravo pour le shawl.
Lady Jane : glad to hear you're spoiling yourself & your daghters ! handmade is the best !
ReplyDeletel'arbre à bobines : merci Nath. tu me manques j'espère que tout va bien au boulot xo
je suis sous le charme absolu de ton châle au crochet Valerie - je me suis permis de le mettre dans mon Pinterest ;o)
ReplyDeleteGorgeous shawl!! Job well done :)
ReplyDeleteJust saying hello after finding you beautiful photos of this shawl on pinterest - great blog, thanks for the inspiration :-)
ReplyDelete