my creative space : a guest bathroom
these are ugly pictures of a wip. please don't read any further if you're sensitive !
it is still hard to believe this going to be a bathroom with a walk-in shower. we started from scratch in an old room that had only some old toilets and one water pipe, and was never really in use. the surprise : when he started the demolition, M found out the whole floor (3 rooms) had to be re-wired. this is the kind of surprises to expect in an old house. we have chosen mosaic for the shower & floor, wood panelling & some danish wallpaper for the sinks area, and a lot of white !
... the tiling will start in a few days and i can't wait for the decoration part : after such strenuous work, it sounds like a reward !
some other creatives spaces to be found here
Time of construction is hard but at the end cames reward! White is beautiful! White is one of my favorite color!
ReplyDeleteThat seems very promising!! I know it's hard work but in the end you'll be so happy!!!
ReplyDeletei know that they mean a lot of work (for someone), but i do love to look at these photos of renovation in progress! if i understand it right, instead of breaking the walls you added paneling for the new wiring? so clever!
ReplyDeletePS i decided to order from that site - thanks again!
Ahhh les joies de la reno :)Boon courage! Sandrine x
ReplyDeleteVERY exciting! I love seeing home improvement wips! Happy Days, Valerie :o) ((HUGS))
ReplyDeleteBrings back memories (we had to rewire our basement when we gutted it). I can see a lot of work has already been done and a lot more coming up. One step at a time until you're finished...and then it's time to start another project. ;). It's going to be beautiful!
ReplyDeleteYeay, I know the feeling. We bought such a run down home , and are still working on all the bits and pieces. So much to do, so much in the un-see-able to fix. Good lick and sounds like it is going to be beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteVery wonderful project! Love those fingerless gloves below, very cool. I always love reading your blog. You are one of my favorite photographers.
ReplyDeleteCourage ! cela promet d'être superbe !
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see the end result... :)
ReplyDeleteGuess where it looks so similar? ;D
ReplyDeleteGood luck, toi toi toi... ... ...
Right now I have the same style of lamp in my sleeping-room ;-P
Have a great weekend and lots of sun, yeahhhhhhhhhh!
je suis certaine quMelle sera magnifique cette salle de bain. nous montreras-tu le résultat final?
ReplyDeletepotential. that's the word to think about :)
ReplyDeletewhat a nice project ... hope you will show more when it is finished. we are considering re-tiling one of our bathrooms ourselves, but i'm a bit hesitant as I have never done something like this before.
ReplyDeleteWe j-u-s-t finished sealing the tile on the last two bathrooms of the house. Why do these things linger on for so long? I don't know. It is a miracle we make it through. I would like to encourage you by telling you it will all be over with soon, but it won't. So just make another cup of tea and enjoy the ride.
ReplyDeleteAs far as those Alabama Chanin books, and which one to chose: did you know she is coming out with a third one this spring. I will let you know if that one is any good - I already pre-ordered it. As far as her first two books go, the first has the pattern for the t-shirt turned into a corset (really cute), the second has the dress and tunic. Unless you absolutely HAVE to have the corset instructions, I would go with book #2. This summer Natalie Chanin and her assistant will be teaching a one week workshop, here in Tennessee, at Shakerag workshops. Check it out http://www.shakerag.org/workshops/2012/chanin-hall/ I am thinking about taking it. Sorry it took so long for me to respond, I finally finished the big project I have been working on. Carolina
What a great project! I wish you a lot of strength, no more unexpected negativ surprise & I can't wait to see the result!
ReplyDeletehello .... i came over from corner view but i can't see where to comment on the post above. strange !
ReplyDeletei love the little bits of orange, especially the flower and the steam rising off of the glass !
Here is my ”WHATEVER” !
It is a lot of work but i think the result will be stunning !!
ReplyDeleteWish you good luck.
Hugs, Pauline
I know renovating can be very tiring, but it's also so fun when you know that in some point you can start decorating :) Sometimes I get a feeling that I want to built something or hammer some walls :D Those are the moments when I start to clean like mad, because we live in a rent house so there is nothing that I could renovate or hammer.
ReplyDeleteThis may sound odd, but I totally wish I had a bathroom to tear apart and make my own! We have been renting for so long, I'm ready for my "own" home again. Anyway, your project is going to be beautiful in the end, of that I'm sure! xo
ReplyDelete