Nov 20, 2011

how about you ?

" the november day moved slowly to twilight. she crept in under the eiderdown, stretched her long legs until they cracked and curled her toes around the hot water bottle. it was raining outside. in a couple of hours she would feel hungry enough to eat dinner and perhaps she would feel like talking. but at the moment she didn't need to do anything except sink down in the warmth, the whole world was a single great big eiderdown which encircled her and everything else was outside. she never dreamed, she slept when she felt like it, and woke up when there was anything to make it worthwhile waking up. "

Tove Jansson, in :: moominvalley in november ::

22 comments:

  1. I think I;m going to dig out my warm water bottle and crawl into bed right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. there's a peacefulness in your pictures that always warms my heart :-)
    good night, Val. may the rest of november be sweet to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Nowember.I'm here and breathig and watching this everything.I was given a change to love and live .I love Tove Jansson's novels too-have you read them?
    hugs
    halit
    maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yesterday, knitting a bit, but mostly watching Comet in Moominland made for the first frosty day a good ending.

    I see the winter light is taking you too on its journey of soft shadows.

    Have a good new week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful passage of Jansson's november. Today, monday I haven't time for this, but yesterday I spent the day like that.
    Hugs, Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Valerie!nice things you do!!
    This yarn is so nice, bought it in Paris?

    ReplyDelete
  7. November is a nice month to stop and be introspective. Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always when I come here I feel embraces with warmth, grace and friendship... I love your November son here today, Valerie. I am trying to find moments for cocooning in between all the busy-ness this time of year brings. ;o) Happy Days, my friend ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cosy and warm words!
    The last sentence is my favorite!
    I wish I could make a hibernation, like bears...

    *** Good night! ***

    ReplyDelete
  10. sigh!

    beautiful
    inspiring

    thank you!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. tes photos sont toujours aussi belles, et c'est quoi cette magnifique laine ??? Hum un petit projet en perspective....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the photos. I would love a day like that about right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely words and photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your photos are beautiful and your quote well chosen. I love the Moomin novels too. They are so full of goodwill and comfort. It has been a delight to read them to my daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  15. everything leaves a warm comforting feeling...thank you;)
    JenMuna

    ps: wow..the yarn is beautiful an I am so curious to see what you´ll gonna make from it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. thank you! but don't believe i'm spending the days in bed !! just wanted to say that when christmas is around the corner i feel the need to slow down and savoure the spirit of December for what it is, not the rush & stress. over the years i've come to the conclusion that they're are self-induced and it doesn't much else that our own will & common sense to get off the wheel.

    Maria : I'm a T. Jansson fan. i read most moomins stories & a few (adult) novels.

    Anna Emilia : you're an artist with words, too.

    Anna : I bought some Cascade yarn in Paris, but this one was purchased on Etsy, from a seller that has great quality yarns.

    Tracy : you must be looking forward to your December trip !! Happy Thanksgiving (even though too many miles are between you & your family)

    Sylvie : c'est un mix lace soie & bébé alpaga (trèèèès doux et soyeux) un chale dentelle d'anniversaire à la fin de l'hiver pour une Sylvie aussi :)


    Tracy : I can bought them only in English so it will be a little while before my daughter can read them... but i'm sure she would enjoy them. What a nice reading experience you're giving to you daughters !

    JenMuna : danke schön :) this is a lace blend of silk & baby alpaca, very soft. I'll make a lace shawl for a (real life) friend birthday. these are HER colors, so I'm sure she'll like it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. oops ... "doesn't REQUIRE much else"...

    ReplyDelete
  18. love your November!
    and always is a pleasure see your beautiful photos

    ReplyDelete
  19. Peaceful lovely images, and Tove Jansson, she is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete