Nov 14, 2011

paris







not your typical Paris i'm afraid ! we live 3 hours by train from this city & it is not our first time there as you can imagine. we traveled there two weeks ago, mainly for the first 15 000+ people concert L. attended (she'd been waiting for months and was pretty thrilled on that day !). no marathon, late mornings, walks & some little shopping. also the enjoyment to put my feet under a table, waiting to be served with someone else cooking for me !







these were taken with a (very) old point & shoot. i knew SLRs would be rejected at the concert hall & it was good to travel light & free hands (for once !). here's a few links to some of places we went to :
* the japanese bookstore junku
* ate a "patisserie" at pierre hermé
* bought some yarn at lil weasel, located in the lovely covered passage du grand cerf 
* had a smoothie at factory & co 
* g. detou, amazing old fashioned place to stock on baking supplies, spices, kusmi teas...
* L. wanted to see notre-dame again
* loisirs & creations, the craft store
* parc de bercy, near our (fabulous !) hotel
*  the bhv to shop for the house
* had an oriental cake & mint tea at the paris mosque
* la coulée verte,  a  landscaped pedestrian alley that crosses on a few kilometers the SE of paris
* the manga café was a new & fun experience for me. you pay by the hour, get free beverages while you read on comfy sofas. they had just received the new murakami which i got to read : a true gem.
* we wanted to visit orsay where L. has never been, but it was re-opening after some big remodelling and we were not ready to stay in line/ queue for a couple of hours... next time !

39 comments:

  1. The leaves were still so green when you were there... who did you see in concert?
    Thanks for all the links, I'm off to click away :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hon, hope you are doing well. I am ever so slowly getting back to blogging. I still have a week of school left and I start my new job tomorrow! Goodness I am totally freaked out. Love the Paris photos :) Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But what concert was it? It sounds like you had a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super, car pour un week end, la vie parisienne est acceptable !!! tu as vu plein de choses !
    Très belles photos encore ! comme d'hab !
    Bisous, bonne journée et à ce soir !

    ReplyDelete
  5. On dirait que vous avez passé d'agréables moments parisiens, et il faisait beau et doux en plus!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love Paris..only for one night is a wonderful stay!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paris is almost half-way between us :)
    (but you are closer)
    It's amazing how in a few weeks the light and the colors have changed.
    Gorgeous photos!
    Thank you for the peek into that little bookstore! Love!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm de chouettes moments à Paris...
    PS : je pense très fort à ta grande petite fille en cette journée mondiale du diabète.
    Même si je ne commente pas, je viens souvent admirer tes photos et rêver un peu.
    Valérie de Bruxelles

    ReplyDelete
  9. that looks like quite a trip! so many beautiful things to rest your eyes on :)
    i was in paris only once, when i was about 5 years old. i remember very little and would love to go back one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah Paris! Je suis bien sûre que ta fille elle s'aura bien amusée à la belle cité, et toi aussi :)
    C'éitat un concert de qui?Plein de monde là, non?
    Gros bisous jolie Valerie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. C'est beau PAris.... et tes photos.... comme toujours.
    Bonne journée.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now that's a great big city trip...I love your emphasis on leisurely, no rush. ;o) Loving your phtos... What concert did you attend?! I had a treat from you... will email--thank you so much! :o) Happy Days ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Elles sont si belles tes photos! Quel était ce concert? Je vais à Paris samedi prochain pour un concert également. Je m'aperçois que je n'ai pas répondu à ton courrier de cet été. Shame on me. Je t'écris dans la journée.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Paris, a concert with your girl, a japanese bookstore (did you find anything good?), being waited on = bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh,looks and sounds lovely! I want to move into that first picture..please. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love so much those (not tourist)infos!!!! Wonderful pictures and wonderful way of travelling!
    What concert did you attend? Everything sounds lovely!

    Have a lovely week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a nice mother daughter adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is the Paris I remember :) I really miss it!!! I use to love going to Loisirs & Creations.

    Too bad you didn't get to go to the Orsay, it is my very favorite museum in Paris.

    I want to know which concert you went to too!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love Paris. It is a beautiful city. I wish I would live close to visit Paris more often.
    A concert with your daughter, that must have been great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm glad that you shall have a good time!This Japanese bookstores would be my downfall! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ton Paris est bien joli sous le soleil. Peu ou pas de passants... ah, j'ai compris, tout le monde était au concert!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So lovely moments in your pictures.Thank you for sharing them.I felt in love with Paris.
    hugs
    maria

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the pictures especially that little bookstore I want all the books.
    Please if you want to tell me the name of the hotel.
    have a good day.
    Katerina FF
    Greece

    ReplyDelete
  24. We were just in Paris last week - I would have loved to have visited some of the places you list here. Next time! Which hotel did you stay at?

    ReplyDelete
  25. thank you everyone xo

    The concert was Rihanna's Loud Tour.
    I was the most popular mom ever at L's school :D !
    I know some parents would be reluctant but this girl despite her show-offs has a real voice & talent -- if you listen to her sing " a cappella" -- and my daughter doesn't understand the lyrics, therefore I don't mind & it is a lesson (for adults) that clothes don't make the man.

    The hotel was Pullman Bercy. If you don't mind 10 minutes on a fast (new) metro/subway/tube it is clean, conveniently located, and clearly the best service I've ever had in a hotel (not kidding) staff was SO nice & helpful they deserve a big WOW. Plus breakfast buffet was very good.

    Elizabeth : we will go next time. but when you're on a weekend somewhere you don't want to spend 2 hours or so in a line with a teenager !

    Anna : they're amazing (I went to the one in San Francisco too) you can spend the whole day browsing craftbooks !


    yardage girl : i hope you enjoyed it !

    ReplyDelete
  26. ps : Valérie, merci c'est très très gentil ! je voudrais te répondre mais je n'ai toujours pas ton email... je t'enverrais cependant sans doute un p'tit mot (papier) vers la fin de l'année.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, this is the city I've visited only some weeks ago - love it! Beautiful pictures that make me want to go there again AT ONCE! ;o))

    ReplyDelete
  28. thank you for this little trip round paris. can't hardly wait to come back now....
    n♥

    ReplyDelete
  29. It would have been difficult for me to pull away from that japanese book store. I would have been stuck in the Mode department for hours. Thanks for the trip to Paris, now I can get to work rejuiced. Carolina

    ReplyDelete
  30. ooh! I'm going to Paris on Saturday - to the Marie Claire Idees Salon = my birthday treat. I am sooo looking forward to my day trip.
    Lovely pictures of where you visited.
    Lady Jane

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love seeing your view of Paris. xo

    ReplyDelete
  32. ..so beautiful!love the first photo..so characteristic!and I love arabic tiles...:)looks like you switched shortly to an arab land;)
    a lovely collection!
    JenMuna

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love your Paris pictures.
    And thank you for the adresses. I'm visiting Paris very soon and new adresses are always welcome. I like the craft store !
    Lucky you to live close (only 3 hours by train) to this wonderful city.
    Hugs, Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  34. thannk you everyone!

    The Muse of the Day : ooh I know !!! the one in NYC must be quite big ;)

    JenMuna : kind of was ! if only the people visiting weren't so noisy/loud !

    Pauline : have a great stay ! as for us, we're going East soon, so maybe we'll cross :D

    ReplyDelete
  35. sounds and looks like a fab trip... what concert did you attend?

    ReplyDelete
  36. thanks for the tour around paris ... would love to go there soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. what amazing trip in Paris Valerie! thanks for take us with you!

    ReplyDelete