oh no. i'm sorry. while i was away from the internet, i was thinking about him and hoping it wouldn't happen too soon... big (comforting if possible) hugs your way
merci pour lui :) il est beau mais c'est un gros bêta ! non pas très difficile ce modèle, c'est en fait mon deuxième, toujours pour offrir, le troisième sera pour moi je pense !
she's a pretty cat, your tart looks delicious and the scarf is gorgeous. just like Rachel... i'd love to know what you'll be making with the silk&wool yarn?! :)
The cat is adorable, I would not want to part with that scarf either, the tarte looks delicious, and that yarn scrumptious, whar are you making with it?
thank you. you're so close : it was a slow week (= time at home) because my daughter needed some rest during this first week of winter school break. enjoy your weekend x
Ces quatre photos vont si bien ensemble, ces beigerouxbleuamandeficelle, te connaissant ce n'est sans doûte pas un hasard... Holst Garn peut-être? Bonne soirée!
merci. mais si, en fait. presque un hasard. j'ai pris ces photos sans calcul jeudi + vendredi car elles illustraient certains moments passés. mais il y avait aussi un bouquet de St Valentin, et comme il était très "vert" j'ai choisi de ne pas l'inclure dans le post. Holst Garn Samarkand, bien joué ! moins de coloris mais beaucoup plus douce. Tu l'as déjà travaillé ? je la trouve très bien pour le prix. bon dimanche
Thank you Loulou, and most people seems to think HE is a female ! Yes pears & almond cream. I would love to have you at our table someday ! but I'm certainly not half as a great cook as you are ! In fact I love baking much much more than cooking...
Rachel, Mervi and Monica : thank you. the big yarn cone has been ordered & just received yesterday to make a sweater for ... me ! this will be my big knitting project for this year. I still have to draw and plan the pattern. Wish be good luck because I will have to use a small # of needles !
kiitos for the encouragement. it will be a simple pattern (square shape) maybe with a cable or two, but what i meant is : i'm a size L and 1m78 tall and this yarn is skinny #3 or 3.5 so i need all the good luck wishes in the world, it will take me ages to knit this !!!
that pear pie is making me drool.... love the color of your new yarn, and that shawl looks simply fantastic... I have to say I always love all what I find here!
nope ! c'est une amandine aux poires. j'ai des amoureux de crème d'amande à la maison :) hehe finir les en-cours c'est bien ! depuis ma pause internet un peu forcée, j'ai réussi à moins me disperser en crochet/tricot au moins ça aura eu ça de bon ! ne t'en fais pas pour le colis -- c'est de toute façon très gentil de ta part -- je suis du genre à prendre 1 an entier avant d'enfin expédier un paquet !!! au fait, ça y est la miss à enfin matifié Tamara !!
thanks valerie! i think i found something similar, maybe i'll try. you should go to berlin, it's interesting. but hamburg is much nicer!!! and when you come to hamburg you're most invited! in that cup was kind of raspberry sauce for a cheese cake. looked delicious, but i didn't try. i ate a warm choclate cake which was also delicious. a great cafe with home made food, art works around and a nice atmospher. have a nice week!
does RyanAir fly to Hamburg ?!! LOL we 've been using their flights quite a lot these years !! thank you for the invitation. same for you if you travel to Southern Brittany, you're most welcome to come share a cup ! let me know if you try a similar shawl, will you ?
LOVELY moments, Valerie! At the moment, trying to stave off the winter doldrums, lots of creative projects in progress in my studio, knitting, enjoying new tea and incense, planning a spring trip to Vienna, lots of kitty cat cuddles here too. ;o) Happy Days, my friend ((HUGS))
sounds good ! I didn't enjoy the fact there were so many tourists (Christmas) in Vienna but they have numerous great museums & exhibitions, so no doubt this makes an exciting trip to plan ! I'm confident you know how to beat the winter blah and remain creative -- everything sounds so peaceful & lovely in your studio. There will be some mail your way soon :) hugs back to you xo
As always I love everything you do. Love the cat mine is black with black eyes. The shawl is beautiful I wish I could do it. Now I am finishing a embroidery bag and I like it so much.
hello Katerina -- how I wish you had a blog or a twitter, so I could see this black fur ball ! (we have two black cats as well) and this bag ! can you crochet ?
The piece in your studio is lovely, and such a pretty color. Your pears look delicious, even before baking. Today I've been noticing new blossoms and mist in the air.
Good morning Valeri. If I can have your mail I could send you my cats photograph and yes I can crochet and I crochet a shawl like the grey of yours. Thank you very much for your replay.
Hello, I'm calling in here via Denise and am so glad I've found this space. So much beauty and poetry in your words and photos. I feel it's a place I'd like to make my refuge. Thanks for all the inspiration!
Hey Valerie, I just wanted to say I love your blog and I often try to comment, but for some reason the comment link is rarely visible to me. Anyway, just wanted you to know I come by here and thoroughly enjoy : ) Beautiful :)
hello Marica : nothing mysterious ! i sometimes turn the comments down when i don't have the time for a reply or when i feel it is not calling for any comment; but thank you !
Hi Valerie. Your sweet kitty is so perfect! I don't think I've seen this guy before... is he new? We are longing to get a cat... but not quite ready. I am afraid to have cats here because of the predatory eagles! And this house is not ok for an indoor cat... which is a very good reason to move :) Hope you're enjoying the last little bits of winter. Soon, it will be a new, lovely spring. I can't wait!
hi Jenny... so perfect stupid and damaging all our furniture & wallpaper ;) no he's been with us for almost 3 years now. the eagle thing is scary, this would have not come spontaneously to my mind of course, no bald eagle here but so many careless drivers that we have to keep the cats in most time, too :( I'm longing for Spring too, or should i say for luckier days because 2012 has been tough on us so far...
A lot of sunshine today, a lot of snow yesterday. A road trip to a big yellow mansion yesterday to see a small exhibition with three of my works in there. Driving to the sea to say hello to the frozen waves. A good meal in a restaurant and old songs from the radio in a snow storm on the way back.
Thank you so much for your kind birthday wish.
Sunny Sunday greetings from the country covered in new fresh snow.
kiitos for your visit dear Anna Emilia & congratulations on the exhibition. this sounds like a very nice day ! greetings back from the atlantic coast where crocuses & daffodils are popping up & blossoming :)
J'ai beaucoup aimé la description de ta tarte sur flickr. C'est la première chose que suis allée voir quand la net a été reparée chez nous. Aprés quelques petits voyages dans le pays, la viste de quelques amis tout redevient plus calme... je ne sais pas jusqu'à quand mais je prends le temps de te lire:)
Ce chaton est magnifique, la tarte me dit mange-moi, le châle est très élégant et ce fil, waouw! Que vas-tu faire avec? De mon côté en ce moment, j'ai du mal à avancer dans mes ouvrages et j'éprouve aussi un peu de lassitude à bloguer... Gros bisous!
merci Camille ! oui presque 4kms de fil tout de même ! j'hésite entre le pull court loose et carré, et le gilet long sans manche à ceinturer... un patron-maison de toute façon ;) je suis navrée d'entendre cette baisse de forme, mais ce n'est pas humainement inhabituel... surtout en fin d'hiver... même dans le sud. les pauses me sont nécessaires et j'ai appris à les accepter. j'espère que ça ira mieux. bises
Lovely fluffy cat! We have a big cat of that color also. I like cats too. Great pear tart. The shawl looks fabulous!!! That yarn looks thin and delicate wonder what you will do with it. Have a great week !!
thank you Angela ! does your cat also scratch everything ?!! this one does !! grr :( i am planning on using this yarn for me, a sleeveless jacket to wear with a belt or a short square & large sweater to layer with something longer... not sure yet. have a lovely week too x
Hello, I came from Tracy's blog -- I loved the name of yours! And I'm so glad you did -- your photos captured so many things I love -- orange kitties, yarn, baking -- yes, I think I'll like it here!
Thanks so much for coming by the Marmelade Gypsy and for your kind comments (especially about Gypsy!) He's doing better, so our fingers are crossed! I have to confess, I'm a little nervous about leaving for two weeks in France and Amsterdam in April, but I think and pray he'll be fine -- and waiting my return!
Loving every thing you have noted. Gorgeous pussy cat.
ReplyDeleteHoping you are not too frozen in.
Here noticing boxes, boxes, dust, too much clutter and someone missing.
x
oh no. i'm sorry. while i was away from the internet, i was thinking about him and hoping it wouldn't happen too soon... big (comforting if possible) hugs your way
ReplyDeleteThe cat is so beautiful. Such a beautiful colour.
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely Saturday!
beautiful but stupid :)
Deletetrue that the color is nice, lighter than a ginger but more cheerful than just a plain beige !
enjoy your Sunday dear Eva x
What a lovely cat :)
ReplyDeleteAnd the result of probably some hard work? Lovely too :)
merci pour lui :) il est beau mais c'est un gros bêta !
Deletenon pas très difficile ce modèle, c'est en fait mon deuxième, toujours pour offrir, le troisième sera pour moi je pense !
that's a lot of silk & wool from Denmark... what are your plans for it?
ReplyDeletehappy weekend :)
she's a pretty cat, your tart looks delicious and the scarf is gorgeous. just like Rachel... i'd love to know what you'll be making with the silk&wool yarn?! :)
ReplyDeletehave a nice weekend!!! hugs!
The cat is adorable, I would not want to part with that scarf either, the tarte looks delicious, and that yarn scrumptious, whar are you making with it?
ReplyDeleteThis is all so pretty! and serene! and peaceful!
ReplyDeletethank you. you're so close : it was a slow week (= time at home) because my daughter needed some rest during this first week of winter school break. enjoy your weekend x
DeleteCes quatre photos vont si bien ensemble, ces beigerouxbleuamandeficelle, te connaissant ce n'est sans doûte pas un hasard... Holst Garn peut-être? Bonne soirée!
ReplyDeletemerci. mais si, en fait. presque un hasard. j'ai pris ces photos sans calcul jeudi + vendredi car elles illustraient certains moments passés. mais il y avait aussi un bouquet de St Valentin, et comme il était très "vert" j'ai choisi de ne pas l'inclure dans le post.
DeleteHolst Garn Samarkand, bien joué ! moins de coloris mais beaucoup plus douce. Tu l'as déjà travaillé ? je la trouve très bien pour le prix.
bon dimanche
Joli hasard alors. Oui, je l'aime bien aussi, j'en ai fait un Peasy et ma couleur est très proche de celle-ci...
Deletewhat is the kitties name? Pears..... my favorite :) The color of the shawl is so pretty Valerie, so lacy and delicate. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you
DeleteLoulou, and most people seems to think HE is a female !
Yes pears & almond cream. I would love to have you at our table someday ! but I'm certainly not half as a great cook as you are ! In fact I love baking much much more than cooking...
Rachel, Mervi and Monica : thank you. the big yarn cone has been ordered & just received yesterday to make a sweater for ... me ! this will be my big knitting project for this year. I still have to draw and plan the pattern. Wish be good luck because I will have to use a small # of needles !
ReplyDeleteSounds good :)! I know it will be a success... you're so great with needles and hooks... Can't wait to see it!!!
DeleteHave a lovely Sunday!
kiitos for the encouragement. it will be a simple pattern (square shape) maybe with a cable or two, but what i meant is : i'm a size L and 1m78 tall and this yarn is skinny #3 or 3.5 so i need all the good luck wishes in the world, it will take me ages to knit this !!!
Deletethat pear pie is making me drool.... love the color of your new yarn, and that shawl looks simply fantastic... I have to say I always love all what I find here!
ReplyDeletewarm hugs
thank you, dear ! i would happily invite you for the tart !!
DeleteI enjoy these your pictures!Lovely.Have a cosy Sunday too
ReplyDeletexx
maria
kiitos. i hope you had a lovely weekend too. maybe snowy ? :)
Deletequelle beauté ce chat !!!
ReplyDeletec'est une tarte Bourdalou ? tu me donnes envie d'essayer pour changer de la tarte aux pommes ;o)
j'ai un chale au crochet en cours tu m'as donne envie ;o)
je n'oublies pas le colis de Miss L. je dois dois juste coudre des minis boutons ;o)
nope ! c'est une amandine aux poires. j'ai des amoureux de crème d'amande à la maison :)
Deletehehe finir les en-cours c'est bien ! depuis ma pause internet un peu forcée, j'ai réussi à moins me disperser en crochet/tricot au moins ça aura eu ça de bon !
ne t'en fais pas pour le colis -- c'est de toute façon très gentil de ta part -- je suis du genre à prendre 1 an entier avant d'enfin expédier un paquet !!!
au fait, ça y est la miss à enfin matifié Tamara !!
such a calm atmosphere. beautiful photos! as usual. did you do the shawl? do you have a pattern that i would maybe be able to follow?
ReplyDeletethanks
tami
Reminiscing about our wedding day :)
ReplyDeleteohoh sounds like a lovely memory ! we will have been married for 20 years this year. i can't even believe it went by so fast !
Deletethanks valerie! i think i found something similar, maybe i'll try.
ReplyDeleteyou should go to berlin, it's interesting.
but hamburg is much nicer!!! and when you come to hamburg you're most invited!
in that cup was kind of raspberry sauce for a cheese cake. looked delicious, but i didn't try. i ate a warm choclate cake which was also delicious. a great cafe with home made food, art works around and a nice atmospher.
have a nice week!
does RyanAir fly to Hamburg ?!! LOL we 've been using their flights quite a lot these years !! thank you for the invitation. same for you if you travel to Southern Brittany, you're most welcome to come share a cup !
Deletelet me know if you try a similar shawl, will you ?
LOVELY moments, Valerie! At the moment, trying to stave off the winter doldrums, lots of creative projects in progress in my studio, knitting, enjoying new tea and incense, planning a spring trip to Vienna, lots of kitty cat cuddles here too. ;o) Happy Days, my friend ((HUGS))
ReplyDeletesounds good ! I didn't enjoy the fact there were so many tourists (Christmas) in Vienna but they have numerous great museums & exhibitions, so no doubt this makes an exciting trip to plan !
DeleteI'm confident you know how to beat the winter blah and remain creative -- everything sounds so peaceful & lovely in your studio.
There will be some mail your way soon :) hugs back to you xo
As always I love everything you do. Love the cat mine is black with black eyes. The shawl is beautiful I wish I could do it. Now I am finishing a embroidery bag and I like it so much.
ReplyDeleteKaterina FF
Greece
hello Katerina -- how I wish you had a blog or a twitter, so I could see this black fur ball ! (we have two black cats as well) and this bag ! can you crochet ?
Deletethank you !
ReplyDeleteThe piece in your studio is lovely, and such a pretty color. Your pears look delicious, even before baking. Today I've been noticing new blossoms and mist in the air.
ReplyDeleteThese are certainly signs of Spring & renewal. Change in the air and us so ready for this.Thank you Denise x
ReplyDeleteGood morning Valeri. If I can have your mail I could send you my cats photograph and yes I can crochet and I crochet a shawl like the grey of yours. Thank you very much for your replay.
ReplyDeleteWith love
Katerina FF
Greece
Oh what an amazing cat!
ReplyDeleteand a little stupid too ;)
Deletehello, valerie.
ReplyDeletei have an old big spool
of linen from my dad`s grandma
looks like yours, but thiner.
beautiful towel,
and pears, faded color
have a nice evening
these kind of spools are so pretty by themselves & inspiring aren't they ?
DeleteHello, I'm calling in here via Denise and am so glad I've found this space. So much beauty and poetry in your words and photos. I feel it's a place I'd like to make my refuge. Thanks for all the inspiration!
ReplyDeletedear Emily : very kind of you, thank you !
DeleteHey Valerie, I just wanted to say I love your blog and I often try to comment, but for some reason the comment link is rarely visible to me. Anyway, just wanted you to know I come by here and thoroughly enjoy : ) Beautiful :)
ReplyDelete~ Marica
hello Marica : nothing mysterious ! i sometimes turn the comments down when i don't have the time for a reply or when i feel it is not calling for any comment; but thank you !
DeleteHi Valerie. Your sweet kitty is so perfect! I don't think I've seen this guy before... is he new? We are longing to get a cat... but not quite ready. I am afraid to have cats here because of the predatory eagles! And this house is not ok for an indoor cat... which is a very good reason to move :) Hope you're enjoying the last little bits of winter. Soon, it will be a new, lovely spring. I can't wait!
ReplyDeletehi Jenny... so perfect stupid and damaging all our furniture & wallpaper ;) no he's been with us for almost 3 years now. the eagle thing is scary, this would have not come spontaneously to my mind of course, no bald eagle here but so many careless drivers that we have to keep the cats in most time, too :(
DeleteI'm longing for Spring too, or should i say for luckier days because 2012 has been tough on us so far...
quelle beauté ce chat...
ReplyDeletela tarte me nargue... !
Emilie : héhé elle me nargue aussi à chaque fois vu que je dois éviter le gluten !
DeleteA lot of sunshine today, a lot of snow yesterday. A road trip to a big yellow mansion yesterday to see a small exhibition with three of my works in there. Driving to the sea to say hello to the frozen waves. A good meal in a restaurant and old songs from the radio in a snow storm on the way back.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for your kind birthday wish.
Sunny Sunday greetings from the country covered in new fresh snow.
kiitos for your visit dear Anna Emilia & congratulations on the exhibition. this sounds like a very nice day ! greetings back from the atlantic coast where crocuses & daffodils are popping up & blossoming :)
DeleteDear Valerie,
ReplyDeleteYour cat is so beautiful and your knitting too! Happy Sunday! xo Karen
thank you Karen ! I hope you're well ! and certainly making plans for your beautiful garden (?!)
DeleteJ'ai beaucoup aimé la description de ta tarte sur flickr. C'est la première chose que suis allée voir quand la net a été reparée chez nous. Aprés quelques petits voyages dans le pays, la viste de quelques amis tout redevient plus calme... je ne sais pas jusqu'à quand mais je prends le temps de te lire:)
ReplyDeleteobrigada Diane ! je te souhaite donc de calmes moments, pour faire de jolies photos, pour créer, et profiter de tes filles... à bientôt !
DeleteCe chaton est magnifique, la tarte me dit mange-moi, le châle est très élégant et ce fil, waouw! Que vas-tu faire avec? De mon côté en ce moment, j'ai du mal à avancer dans mes ouvrages et j'éprouve aussi un peu de lassitude à bloguer...
ReplyDeleteGros bisous!
merci Camille ! oui presque 4kms de fil tout de même ! j'hésite entre le pull court loose et carré, et le gilet long sans manche à ceinturer... un patron-maison de toute façon ;)
Deleteje suis navrée d'entendre cette baisse de forme, mais ce n'est pas humainement inhabituel... surtout en fin d'hiver... même dans le sud. les pauses me sont nécessaires et j'ai appris à les accepter.
j'espère que ça ira mieux. bises
Lovely fluffy cat! We have a big cat of that color also. I like cats too. Great pear tart. The shawl looks fabulous!!! That yarn looks thin and delicate wonder what you will do with it. Have a great week !!
ReplyDeletethank you Angela !
Deletedoes your cat also scratch everything ?!! this one does !! grr :(
i am planning on using this yarn for me, a sleeveless jacket to wear with a belt or a short square & large sweater to layer with something longer... not sure yet. have a lovely week too x
décidément, j'♥ tes photos !
ReplyDeletemerci mon poussin. je t'aime fort, même si tu sais que mon clavier ne me permet pas de faire de jolis coeurs :)
Deletelovely pictures valerie. looks so soft and light everything :)
ReplyDeleteHello, I came from Tracy's blog -- I loved the name of yours! And I'm so glad you did -- your photos captured so many things I love -- orange kitties, yarn, baking -- yes, I think I'll like it here!
ReplyDeleteso much loveliness and gentleness around you :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for coming by the Marmelade Gypsy and for your kind comments (especially about Gypsy!) He's doing better, so our fingers are crossed! I have to confess, I'm a little nervous about leaving for two weeks in France and Amsterdam in April, but I think and pray he'll be fine -- and waiting my return!
ReplyDeleteLovely pictures.
ReplyDeletethank you everyone for your visit & words. sorry i've been pretty quiet lately but we've unfortunately been very busy with some real life issues...
ReplyDeletepears, calories, silk & wool from Denmark... it all sounds perfect.
ReplyDeleteBut where are you ? I long to read your posts, the atmosphere here is always so peaceful. Come back quick !
ReplyDeleteMarilou !
thank you AnneMarie & Marilou. I may be back again as soon as this Easter... life will tell if I can or not
ReplyDelete