11.00pm
11.30pm
11.45pm
0.15am
1.00am
2.00am
3.00am
as we were having a late dinner around 9pm yesterday, i couldn't help but notice how the daytime is already getting significantly shorter... which is bad news for us in western france... some of you may have heard what a cool & rather rainy summer we've had and i doubt we are ready for autumn & winter. later in the evening i went through our summer vacation photos -- which i have not shared here yet -- late june when we went up north above the artic circle. it was our first time experiencing the midnight sun and certainly one of these truly amazing moments in a lifetime one can be thankful for. something i want to bottle up somewhere in my memory and often get back to.







Such beautiful photos of a lovely night! Looking through them I thought, what a wonderful idea to record one night in your memory by taking pictures every now and then. I never thought of that, but then again we're used to the midnight sun here...
ReplyDeleteNorway is such a beautiful country. I remember going to its northernmost parts for the first time as a child and telling my parents I had made up my mind to stay there forever and never go back home. That never happened, but I'm looking forward to going on a photo tour with you! :)
In m head and in my heart, there were the same words in secret : I could definitely see myself living there ! Now I will have to experience some winter time too !!
DeleteWonderful pictures Valérie!!! Yes days are shorter but maybe we'll have an indian summer? Yesterday and today were true summer days...
ReplyDeleteHow about this coming weekend ?! :) I love indian summers !!!
DeleteOoooh! stunning photos...I want to be there.
ReplyDeleteI want to go again ;)
DeleteBeautiful photos and yes i want to be there too. Here in Greece the summer and high temperatures goes on and on.
ReplyDeleteKaterina FF
Greece
hello Katerina. You must be looking forward to cooler days, mustn't you ?!
DeleteOh the sky photos are beautiful! I can't believe how fast the summer went. I can even slowly tell my moods is becoming more meloncholy as it does every Fall getting ready to nest for Winter. :) xo
ReplyDeleteI always say that in some countries/states Fall must be insanely beautiful and inspring... but here oh here I dread it... rain & a lot of sadness, and asthma for me... so I agree summer always go by too fast and there cannot be enough sun !!
DeleteI don't know how you stand it - It is SO beautiful there.
ReplyDeleteOh Denise ! you have a blog ! how nice to meet you in the blog world too ! sorry it just clicked (to me !)
Deletethese (amazing) northern landscapes + the light were very inspiring & inviting for introspection in a good way
at 11pm! never seen anything like it.
ReplyDeletememorable tresure you have experienced...
yes 24 h of daylight per day is awesome !!
DeleteOh Valerie, thanks for taking the time to share these beautiful photos with us. Makes me want to take a flight over there right now, and take a deep breath in those beautiful settings!!
ReplyDeleteAways glad to see your photos on a bigger format, and a new blog post ;)
thank you Elizabeth, for your friendship ever, very precious to me. yes it was a wonderful experience.
DeleteI wish I could send you some of our sunshine. We could use some cooling rain here. Your post about the day with dyes has got me inspired!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you Theresa. It would be much appreciated ! although August & september haven't been as bad a June & July ! will you do any plant dye too ?
DeleteOh amazing!!midnight sun it's so exciting I saw it in spring in Norway!
ReplyDeleteThe heat here is unbearable at night it is very difficult to sleep..so I want autumn arrives!
I understand that Anna. It must have been tough in Spain, some friends were in Andalusia in August and they almost died with over 45°C !!! Wishing you some cooler days xo
Deleteelles font envie tes photos ... la lumière a un côté magique
ReplyDeletemerci.
Deletela lumière fait du bien. toujours. et ce fut une jolie expérience.
C'est vrai que c'était très beau ... mais tes photos sont encore mieux ...
ReplyDeleteFlatteuse ;P on y retournera sous la neige, ok ?!
Deletewow! so beautiful!!
ReplyDeletethank you, we enjoyed Northern Norway :)
DeleteFéerique!
ReplyDeleteune très belle région, oui. et la chance pour nous de ne pas avoir eu de ciel gris mis à part quelques courtes averses sur la route vers le nord...
Deletela lumière est intense. ça doit être quelque chose d'être là-bas, merci de nous faire partager ce moment. Espérons que l'automne sera ensoleillé.
ReplyDeletedes jours qui ne finissent pas... soyons honnête j'ai ADORé !! nous espérons un été indien, oui ce serait bien mérité en Bretagne notamment.... qui sait !
DeleteJe faisais justement la remarque hier à propos du soleil qui se couche de plus en plus tôt... Ces photos sont superbes et j'aimerais assister un jour à ce spectacle magique! J'espère que l'automne qui arrive sera doux et ensoleillé. Je mesure la chance que nous avons eue dans le sud d'avoir un véritable été.
ReplyDeleteoui tout à fait une chance... ces moments-là je pense à déménager, ce qui n'arrivera jamais vu le job de monsieur !
Deletecomme je le disais plus haut, les jours qui ne finissent pas furent pour moi surtout cette année pourrie dans tous les sens du terme, une renaissance !
faites-le ce voyage dans le nord, en été... c'est une expérience qui le vaut !
Oh Valerie,
ReplyDeletehow beautiful pics! Like time stands still ...
hope you are doing, well? :-D
hugs
Hello Mel & thank you.
Deletethis reminds me I received an email this summer which has not been replied yet... but as my number of blog posts close to zero says : I'm not much on the computer lately. But expect to hear from me soon xo
Amazing.
ReplyDeleteisn't it ?! hard to say it with just a couple of photos... 24 hours of daylight... love love...
DeleteThese sky views are simply breathtaking, Valerie... I am in awe... Hope you & yours are well. Lovely to catch up with you after a hiatus! Happy Weekend (HUGS))
ReplyDeleteCloser to you :) lucky you !
DeleteAs fall will settle, I will slowly get back in, and spend more time on the computer, which mainly for health reasons had been put aside these past months.
I saw in my emails that I had good readings to catch up with ;)
Hugs back to you x
Oh Valerie, my heart jumps a little when seeing these photos! I lived on Vestvågøy/ Lofoten in 2007 and 2008 and I miss it so very much, the light, the scents, the silence, the air and the rivers and tides...
ReplyDeleteA warm autumn breeze from Sweden,
Juliane
dear Juliane, so glad it reminded you of beautiful moments & feelings. your life must have been so full & rich so far ! much love x
Deletewhat an amazing experience :)
ReplyDeletethis trip was a wonderful memory making, thank you
DeleteDear Valerie!
ReplyDeleteNice photos I'm sure that it was a amazing experience and so nice to see it!
I want to say hello it long ago that I didn't do it!!how are you!!
a big hug!
beauuutiful skies!
ReplyDeleteOoooooOOOOOoooooh, pffffffffffff, woooooooauuuuuhhhhh.
ReplyDelete