feeling quiet. knitting winter wear. crocheting for a friend. fighting some greedy real estate business that want to ruin our place & life. saving seeds for next year. making dry arrangements to enjoy indoors. baking some pears & chocolate... the rain came. a lot of rain. it's definitely Fall now. what's going on at your place ? any autumn projects ? baking ? picking apples ?
:: pretty card on the first photo by my white room ::
ps : i have disabled for now the letter/digit security code in the comments. i think it's getting nervewracking (blogger if you hear me) sometimes i can't even read them and it takes 2 or 3 attempts...





such a beautiful sight for the eyes...all of it!
ReplyDeletewe have had such a hot and dry summer we welcome the rain when it comes...but I understand you too! I feel the need to nest as the cool is coming now...open windows and a long sleeved shirt...slippers on the feet...soup for dinner...we have had our share of real estate monsters...new patterns to try out...check my Pinterest board!! je t'aime V...don't stay away so long...OK!
Dear Valerie,
ReplyDeletenow I know where all the rain comes from ;-P Also here it's getting cooler and colder, rainy and windy, finally autumn arrived…
Brown and creme/white, the colors I like, especially the pear-cake, the cake I wanna eat now. I lay in bed for hours, but can't sleep (It's almost 2 AM).Thanks Internet I still can use the time wisely (hehehe…) Dreaming of cakes I can't have, because my husband ate tonight the last crumbs of the brownie I did yesterday and yours is too far away…
Oh my, real estate business doesn't sound well. What happen? I thought it's your house, how can they make trouble? I mean I can understand that the bank can make huge mega trouble, but real estates? I wish you a lot of power and energy too fight this bad as… (ups!) Good good and more good luck to you!
Blogger security codes make me howling, sometimes the letters/numbers are unreadable. I'm really not dumb, but after few times trying to put the letters in the box I feel like super stupid…
What going on here? Hm, not much, waiting for my rehab :-) But I like to try new recipes and thinks about the future, like moving to the countryside (close to my parents, and having a own little garden, ahhhhhhhh now I have so much time to dream about, I already have my dream house focus and people telling me I'm crazy, no heaters inside and an old house, ahhhhhhh…, but also my husband loves the house…)
Hope you are doing well, good night! And soon good morning for you!
all these photos go together so well.
ReplyDeletethanks for disabling the security code, it's as if you have to know an alien language & most times took me 2-3 times to solve it.
Such lovely, autumny, calm tones in your photographs. I'm knitting too, but otherwise there's not much time for our usual autumn projects of making jams etc. We're trying to enjoy the season by being out of doors as much as we possibly can, walking in the forests, going to the beaches when it's windy, and so on, bringing in colourful leaves and so on...
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about your real estate problems, last spring, when we were moving, I re-discovered my past hatred (such a strong word, hate, but applies here) for those guys, so I definitely hear you.
Thanks for turning off the word verification, I have long been wondering whether I'm a robot or not.
your rain brought out some lovely pictures. I am thinking of making apple sauce this weekend. Our weather here has still been quite nice - we actually need rain as everything is quite brown. I hope the rest of you week goes smoothly. And word verification - ugh! Thanks for turning it off. I will do the same.
ReplyDeleteQue d'eau, que d'eau, mais le jardin en avait bien besoin! Tes photos sont sereines, apaisantes... J'ai aussi repris mes aiguilles à tricoter le soir devant Downton Abbey et un bon thé. Quelle est cet abominable nouvelle de "real estate"?
ReplyDeleteNice photos of your autumn!
ReplyDeleteoften I don't find a way to comment on your blog!I hope it's resolved, because I wanted to write you sooner!
Hum, là tout de suite, chez moi c'est le déluge! L'automne arrive vite. Je reprend les aiguilles, les figues passent à la casserole. Ta tarte me fait de l'oeil, miam...
ReplyDeleteLovely shades! And oh my that pie looks delicious..! I just baked an apple pie yesterday with P (as you might noticed on Instagram:)) and it was really good too..think I have to bake another one,maybe on weekend. Good way to use some apples,because we have so much of them and I'm bit too busy for jam or juice right now.
ReplyDeleteI hate those security codes too! I always type them wrong..so thanks for taking them off:)
But what's going on with that real estate business? I hope everything is okay..
coucou valérie
ReplyDeletesi ca te dis j'ai qqes pêches de vignes!
miam ta tarte a l'air sympa
biz
euh c'était Pascale le commentaire
ReplyDeleteFall is here! Lots yellow, orange colors, and some brown. No much leaves falling, but lots cool temperatures. We have been enjoy apples that we picked out from friend's background. Lots apple pie baking and canning apple sauces for the later time. S and I have been baking since September! The oven heat travels well to each room and warms up our places. It really is Fall here and I am guessing in a month or so.. we'll have some snow... Hope all is well for you and I am happy you won the long battle.. Soon you'll be making again..
ReplyDeleteTes photos sont sublimes Valérie !!Ca donne envie d'aimer l'automne pour ceux et celles qui ne l'aiment pas !C'est tout doux ..
ReplyDeleteBon si comprends bien tout ce que tu écris en anglais j'arriverai enfin à publier ce comm' enfin ici :))
Je t'embrasse de Djibouti city ..
Ouais super ça marche !!!bisous
ReplyDeleteBeautiful tones on your photos but the tone of your post sad. What's going on?
ReplyDeleteGorgeous crochet! Beautiful photos. Hope the greedy real estate people left and the outcome has been like you want. Your pear dish looks yummy. I made concentrate from Lemon Balm, also made some salsa and canned. I use salsa when making chicken in Brazilian style. The herbs have been cut and put to dry. There are still tomatoes in the garden and I am waiting till it's colder to remove them all and disperse of the plants. It does looks like Fall here too. In front of our house there are big trees that now changed to yellow. Wishing you a happy Autumn!
ReplyDeleteOh my God girl! Such beautiful photos - I am crying right now because I have NO time to do anything with my camera. I am off to Vancouver Island next week to visit the parental units, maybe I will have time and opportunity to take some photos. I just got back from the Philippines this week and am still fighting jet lag. Happy weekend and hugs.
ReplyDeleteHi,
ReplyDeleteWe are back to school. Too hot for baking, will have to do that in December. The kids have been doing a lot of music, both girls are recording albums, and our 13-year-old is just put an original song on YouTube. I just blogged about it today. Thanks for disabling the extra step. I too have done that, I don't like it. Happy autumn!
j'adore ces premiers vrais jours d'automne (peut-être car je rentre de vacances?), ça sent les feu dans le poele, les chataignes, les crepes, les arbres changeant..... j'adore! des bisous copine!
ReplyDeleteHi Valerie,
ReplyDeleteHere in Greece we still swimming, hot weather and no rain. Lot of baking with figs and currants and lot of crocheting and knitting.
As always love your photos and everything you do.
Love Katerina FF
Greece
Hi Valerie,
ReplyDeleteI know you are gluten free & I am too.
Would you happen to have the recipe for the beautiful pear and chocolate tart?
Thank you so much, and Happy Autumn,
Susan
Susan
DeleteSorry for the delay.
the tart was not gluten-free i made it for my family but didn't eat it. however the filling is an almond cream (ground almonds, one egg, sugar, butter & cream, a couple of drops of almond extract, and here cocoa) and if you find a GF pie shell where you are, I'm sure you could make it GF & enjoy it.
Happy Autumn to you too !
Nous vivons actuellement l'été du Saint Martin (Verão do São Martinho), un peu l'été indien du Canada en somme. Il fait chaud pendant la journée, les matins sont frais, les soirs lumineux à cause de la lune.
ReplyDeleteC'est l'époque des pates de coin. Ça sent bon dans la cuisine!
Tricoter est une thérapie contre le stress. J'aime me nicher le soir entre les bouts de laine. Un petit gilet est en cours!
Que tout se passe bien , Valérie!
Diane
The colors in this post are beautiful autumnal. I really like the card and the cake looks very, very tasty.
ReplyDeletemagnifique billet automnal! J'adore cette atmosphère.
ReplyDeleteIci il fait beau et plutôt chaud ces jours-ci. J'ai terminé un tricot-test pour Nadia avec la très belle laine de Solenn. Je ne sais pas quel sera mon projet suivant, mais j'aime l'idée que je vais bientôt commencer un nouvel ouvrage.
Quelle délicatesse ces aquarelles de Olga!
Bises à toi et à ta fille.
Et qu'est ce qu'elle était bonne la tarte ... Hum !
ReplyDeleteI love your restful photos. That tart looks delicious too. A.
ReplyDeleteIs still the company who wants to build the row houses next to your land? Pity. Keeping the fingers crossed that everything works out in your favor! Happy autumn... it´s chilly and rainy here in Germany, too.
ReplyDeletebeautiful, restful images and Olga's pinecones
ReplyDeletemaking me feel like curling up,
the weather in the eastern med is finally turning
+ giving me a cold :)
thinking of you a lot,
i hope to write soon.
x
Une petite séance de ciné, un thé anglais accompagné d'un vrai scones à My favourite place, et un petit col en mérinos en cours, en prime des pizzas homemade réalisées par mon homme, c'est le programme de ce week-end pluvieux, je ne peux pas me plaindre. J'espère que cette histoire d'agent immob n'est que du passé, c'est quoi le souci, ils veulent construire un immeuble à côté de chez vous ?
ReplyDeleteJ'adore les couleurs de ton intérieur et cette aquarelle est juste sublime, elle dégage de la sérénité. Bon dimanche à vous.
merci K !
Deletemalheureusement oui : un affreux lotissement cheap de 8 maisons et le promoteur veut virer NOTRE haie de cyprès quarantenaire (qui nous coupe la vue de cette horreur). j'en suis malade.
Your girl is growing! Ours too, such a year of changes.
ReplyDeleteI loove rainy days.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos. And good luck with the real estate troubles!
http://www.tamarasblend.com/
ici on a l'impression d'avoir déjà laissé l'automne et d'avoir retrouvé l'hiver, il a neigé toute la journée ... je t'envoie de douces pensées polonaises.
ReplyDeleteLovely pictures Valerie. I love the colors, modest and yet warm and cosy.
ReplyDeleteThe coasters are really beautiful.
I'm doing actually the same. A lot of baking and working in the garden for the coming winter.
Hugs, Pauline
Love these photos, they're so calming.
ReplyDeleteI haven't baked anything this week, but you just inspired me to make some dessert tonight.
http://www.tamarasblend.com/
Hi Valerie,
ReplyDeleteSo many lovely images here! I want to make that chocolate pear pie! Will you share the recipe? I have been busy sewing, making, baking, planting.....!
I still have the pretty card you sent displayed on my china cabinet as well as the crochet coasters which are too lovely to use! I have been missing you, thinking of you... xo Karen
J'espère que tu vas bien. Tes belles photos et tes mots me manquent.
ReplyDeletealice
It's been too long since my last visit but I find much to delight me here - the textures and colours of your fabrics, seeds and tart. I think I would like to spend some time where you are, just soaking it all in.
ReplyDeleteun petit mot ici pour te souhaiter une belle et douce année 2013, ici nous profitons de notre dernier hiver polonais en attendant la confirmation de notre prochaine affectation pour l'été 2013 ...
ReplyDeleteJe passais par ici voir si tu étais revenue. J'espère que vous allez bien, que ton absence est juste le signe que tu es prise ailleurs pour de belles choses.
ReplyDeleteThe tart looks delicious! I would love to try to make it too. Will you share your recipe?
ReplyDeleteJe vous retrouve... j'en suis toute retournée... pokpok
ReplyDeleteChouchenn
i hope you are fine, dear valerie.
ReplyDeletePiece of ωriting writing is also a fun,
ReplyDeleteif you know afterwаrd you can write oг еlse it is
comρlicateԁ to write.
My blog; http://wiki.aimc.lv/index.php?title=Lietot%C4%81js:VernonBra
ReplyDeleteSuch a poignant post and a beautiful photo to accompany it.
I found your blog Valerie. I am so happy! Still love your words and pictures as much as always. Now I need to find out how I can follow your blog so that I don't loose track of you again.
ReplyDelete