:: creative space ::
two weeks ago i came across the blog kootoyoo & their fun idea to share our creative space/wips every thursday. i will enjoy visiting other creative spaces and see what is brewing here & there and why not share mine, too, to keep me motivated to finish some projects
i can now enjoy sewing on my new craft table in this (small) new room of mine, all mine ! the first sewing project is a simple one : some summer pjs for L. from this book in a liberty that is called "grand royal" as far as i can remember. i sew mostly from japanese books although i can't read the japanese language, their patterns & diagrams are usually crystal clear.
the pjs should be finished this evening. maybe you'll get to see a picture with her modeling them soon...
Nice spring-lik jim jams (it's frosty here)! Actually, I'm right with you on the My Creative Space and WIP motivation. Except with the granny square blanket. It hasn't encouraged much in the way of crocheted end-weaving-in.
ReplyDeletePS. Destroyed Cowl is super easy - except maybe for the bit with the kitchener stitch at the very end. Nothing a YouTube demonstration can't easily solve...
Cute fabric! It's cooling down here so summer jammies are a no go. Happy sewing!
ReplyDeletecreative spaces on Thursdays - sounds like fun - i might like to join some time in the future
ReplyDeleteLovely fabric. I love Thursday, but I have found that while I take a photo of what I am currently working on, not a lot actually happens here because I am too busy sipping my tea admiring what everyone has been up too LOL
ReplyDeleteI love that fabric! Lucky you having your own little space :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! I can't wait to see more pics of your finished space. I am loving the snippets and from what I can see in one of your flickr shots, I have major wallpaper envy. BTW, feel better soon.
ReplyDeletebeautiful pics Valerie!
ReplyDeletelovely to visit your creative space.
thank you for popping by & hope your day is full of creativity
♥
Your PJs are looking gorgeous. I love those Japanese craft books, they are a big weakness for me. thanks so much for your lovely comment about mum and the polar in progress. Welcome.x
ReplyDeleteLovely photos, what nice light in your space!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you've joined in with "my creative space" because it's brought me over to your beautiful blog! I'm looking forward to coming back and seeing your sewing creations!
ReplyDeletesweet fabric. i love japanese designs/patterns too.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThat is a perfect spot to be creative or feel motivated to finish projects. The window, the light, ahhhh!
ReplyDeleteOh what you're making looks fantastic!
ReplyDeletej'aime bien ce blog aussi. quelle bonne idée, et quelle autre bonne idée que d'y participer !
ReplyDeletethanks to all of you crafty ladies :)
ReplyDeleteailis & june at noon : it is true we get a nice light from the south
jo's place :i've had another blog for 3 years and i know how time consuming this can be ! i've learned my lesson ! i plan on devoting 30 minutes to visit random participants every thursday evening...
thank you Tania for getting back to me with (knitting)encouragements !
How exciting to have a whole room just for you and your sewing projects!
ReplyDeleteyes! tu vas pouvoir coudre et coudre et coudre! sans t'arrêter!!!!!!!
ReplyDeletebonjour valerie,
ReplyDeletei LOVE your creative space. sewing machines in general make my heart beat a bit faster and your pictures are so gloomy and dreamy. very nice. i know this creative space at kootooyo and find it so much fun. it's so great to see all the creative spots and projects.
have a wonderful weekend.
lou