please don't laugh
okay, i wasn't too ambitious when i chose big rectangles as a pattern ( this pretty one was such an inspiration) & quickly picked some fabrics from my stash to put together. however it is hand bound. 7 meters & something, by hand, people !! i don't own a bias foot that's why... and i like the cleaner look of hand binding...
since we couldn't have much of a beach time due to the weather this month, it is padded like a real quilt so i can curl up with it on the couch by a cool evening this Autumn ... i swear i could almost see some Autumn colors in it anyway ! my obsession at the moment : will we get an indian summer ??? we do need an indian summer !!!
you can see i was reading the new version of the american country living. they enlarged the magazine by 20 % and are asking their readers about it. well, in my opinion, this is just ridiculous, when everybody tries to be eco-green & save on earth ressources. here in france several magazines offer the option of a smaller size at a cheaper price and unless you're a senior citizen with an eye issue, it is a plan to encourage, isn't it ?!
the plums are mirabelles of nancy (helloooo amélie !!) from our yard, planted 4 years ago. we're having buckets of them this year, snacking mirabelle plums everyday, and they even turned into an (egg-free) almond cream tart this thursday evening.
this is my creative corner for this week. you might want to go & see some more @ kootoyoo
Your quilt looks lovely and your pie looks scrumptious. Have a happy day. x
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful quilt. All that hand-binding was definately worth it. I agree about the smaller magazine formats too. It seems crazy to make magazine bigger when we are all getting used to seeing things on smaller and smaller screens anyway.
ReplyDeleteThose little plums look delicious too!
Sensational! Beautiful colours, enjoy your new blanket x
ReplyDeletei really like the blue/brown earthtone colors you chose for your blanket ~ what a lovely lap quilt for the fall ! enjoy it ! isn't it a huge satisfaction to have the hand sewing of 7 meters of binding done ?
ReplyDeletei've never seen the american country living enlarged magazine... i totally agree with you about it.
Such a fantastic work you have done creating that quilt. It's very adorable and I can almost feel how nice it would be on a cold autumn evening.
ReplyDeleteBut cold evenings will not appear in France in the near future - at least I hope not. I cheer for an Indian Summer, just like you long for. ;))
Have a lovely weekend, Valerie
SCRUMPTIOUS quilt, Valerie! Hand-binding is a very contemplative task, which I like to. I'm soon finishing a picnic quilt, doing easy quilting in a grid-like formation as you have done. But it's been dull, gray & rainy here--wondering if we'll even get to use the picnic quilt for another picnic before summer is over. So I'm with you on the Indian summer obsession! ;o) But it is soon plum time here too... I'll take that! Happy Weekend ((HUGS))
ReplyDeleteOh wow,that quilt is so gorgeous! And I can't believe you did it by hands..! I'm dreaming of doing a quilt too,but it seems I can't ever find time for it.
ReplyDeleteAnd those plums looks so yummmy! Our's are still raw but I'm already planning of making some jam of them..or maybe a pie too!
Beautiful quilt! And i love your prictures. So pretty.
ReplyDeleteJ'adore les couleurs de ton quilt, ça sent l'automne avec un beau ciel bleu!
ReplyDeleteWell, I also think your quilt looks lovely and I think you did a wonderful job just grabbing fabric.....wish I had such pretty choices....it looks like the ocean and sand and the earth....or maybe the sand and the earth with the sky....and it does look a little Autumnal...but that is the season....if it has been a little on the cold side....any warmth you get will be your Indian Summer...I wish I could send you some of the heat we are having....I am sick of it.... Happy weekend Valerie...xx :)
ReplyDeleteOh wow! So did I understood right that you did this all by hand, no machine?! Wow again, I would never have patience for that. I rase mmy hat to you :)
ReplyDeleteI have one quilt work in the middle of work. Let´s see when I have time to finish it. I like quilting, it´s fun. Your quilt looks beautiful!
Oh, that is a beautiful, beautiful quilt! I love the colors of it, so lovely.
ReplyDeleteI think well worth the effort of the hand binding. It looks fabulous.
ReplyDeleteValerie, that quilt is just made for peaceful afternoons on the grass, enjoying a magazine and a slice of homemade plum tart :-) Your handmade bias is amazing, well worth the time and effort! Beautiful photos as always, thanks for sharing :-) B. -xo-
ReplyDeleteso beautiful, I love the colours, sea and autumn, my two favorite things :)
ReplyDeleteYour photos are always so beautiful! Wish we could meet and you could teach me a thing or two!
ReplyDeleteI see that you have many talents- your quilt and tart are amazing! (Thank you for your encouraging comments on my blog. I feel like we're friends!)
bon, au pire, ton si joli plaid, tu pourras le jeter sur ton canapé?! non?! ce serait dommage de le laisser dormir dans un coin jusqu'à l'été prochain!
ReplyDeleteMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm très bonne tarte!
ReplyDeleteSont-elles les mirabelles de Nancy semblables aux abricots?
Ton travail avec cette couverture patchwork est admirable :)
Belles photos, comme toujours.
Merci beaucoup pour laisser tes petites fleurs en forme de commentaires, je les apprécie toujours!
Bisous
Oh my God! I just love it, so colorfull, so perfectly made! bravo! :)
ReplyDeleteI have to sew a similar for next summer!
And about special machine foot to sew leather, I dont use it, I just use needles for leather.
HUgs! :)
Gorgeous quilt, love some of those fabrics. I prefer hand-binding myself, despite what it does to my hands!
ReplyDeleteThe quilt is so pretty, and that mirabelle tart is gorgeous!!
ReplyDeleteHow are you doing these days Valerie?
Ca y est il est définitivement terminé.
ReplyDeleteJoli le biais.
Bonne rentrée à la Belle que nous embrassons très fort, on ne t'oublie pas non plus
Perfect quilt, perfect colors!!!!! Besos
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous quilt. I so want to make one myself. I think the most fun would be selecting all the fabrics and putting the sequence together!
ReplyDeleteIt's so beautiful...I have been thinking of trying a rectangle quilt, having just finished simple squares I thought I might be adventurous and try rectangles next;)
ReplyDeleteI love hand-binding, it is worth it in the end...
xxt
moi je prendrais bien une part de tarte aux mirabelles ...
ReplyDeletePfffffffff, la mirabelle de par chez moi alors que je suis exilée au Youké: c'est vraiment trop 'pinjuste!!
ReplyDeleteah! your quilt is so lovely and makes me long for my fabric scraps and sewing machine! i have yet to break it out since our return. good thing it is here with me and not back in storage in california! also, love your gorgeous tart!! xo.
ReplyDeleteMagnifique,quel beau travail!!!
ReplyDeleteJ'espère que les vacances se sont bien passées ainsi que la reprise pour L .J'ai essayé de te téléphoner plusieurs fois mais pas de répondeur???!Je t'embrasse @+
why should we laugh indeed ? Lovely choice of colours and perfect finitions !
ReplyDeleteUne belle rentrée à ton poussin !
beautiful quilt!! love your colors selection!!
ReplyDeleteyou're all so sweet !
ReplyDeletesorry i was out of touch. due to sickness. your lovely comments are like a warm glow, thank you !
It looks gorgeous! I've been planning a quilt for, well, years now and I keep returning to the large squares as being my favourite pattern.
ReplyDeleteDear Valery,
ReplyDeleteThe comments on your last post are not enabled I guess, and I couldn't find your e-mail on your blog to save my life, so I decided to write you here.
Thank you on all the lovely comments you left for me(I answered them there).
I thoroughly enjoy reading your blog and I love your last post from your vacation.
Anxiously waiting to see what you are cooking for the creative space!
Best,
Maya
Un joli voyage que je fais à travers ces photos, là maintenant devant mon écran... Merci!Samantha
ReplyDeleteHi, I followed the link from Lecia's blog to your beautiful part of the world (not too far from me!) which your photos capture so well!
ReplyDelete