Oct 11, 2010

come with me

... to the apple country fair !
the sky was clear, the air was light, we met some friends & drank some freshly squeezed apple juice ! a great sunday indeed.

 
happy monday to you ! sunny week expected here... i want to soak in the autumn sun & walk in the beautiful yellow leaves that are starting falling down...

23 comments:

  1. Beautiful photographs! what a wonderful day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful Sunday you spent with your family. I wish we had more of that kind of fairs in Denmark.

    I love how the apples are squeezed between halm and heavy poles, and turned into tasty apple juice.

    Have a wonderful Tuesday as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a tremendous event! I love all your images - so rich, lively and worth a million words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just went to an apple festival, too, though I think it looks lovelier in France!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just glorious! Stunning images and I am so pleased you guys could go sleeveless x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful images...what a story they tell...what a wonderful day you must have had!

    xxt

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy Monday to you too ! enjoy soaking up the autumn sun :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks delightful, and fun. Love the guy making the wooden shoes, and that pastry table....yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Monday to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an incredible event! I've never seen that basket-tool before!

    ReplyDelete
  12. happy fall! sounds like a lovely day! and look at that apple press...oh wow! i discovered apples on an orchard just across the street. i believe the people who rent it is a lady in our book club and her husband. i'm going to see if she'll let us pick some apples. actually, my boyfriend and i were taking a walk through the orchard the other day and i stole an apple off one of the trees....it was too hard to resist! and i don't think they will miss one apple. :) hope you are doing well, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i think i like your blog! for sure will visit often.
    tami

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really wonderful! I hope you're having a nice week so far. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. C'est tout très beau ça!
    Quelle foire si culturelle!
    Bisous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your flickr photos of this were beautiful but seeing it like this ties it all together and makes it a real experience. Lovely! I hope you are getting that sunny weather you hoped for!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a sunny and cheerful autumn fair! and all these delicious apples!

    I'm wondering wether I know this place...? Anyway it makes me think of a small village P....c not far from where I live where last sunday a fair with a pressoir was set up :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. j'aime ce moment des récoltes de fruits ... et
    les fêtes qui l'accompagnent ... bon automne, Valérie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh la la ! comme c'est beau ! J'arrive ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love French honey made from sunflowers. It is the best. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your blog is really nice.
    I like the picture with the white balls and the flute. It looks like a fairy tale.

    ReplyDelete
  22. amy h : i cheched @ your virtual home but you didn't show enough pictures to compare ;) !

    One Flew Over : halas it won't stay I have my feet cold tonight ! soon we'll need socks !

    Elizabeth : clog making was fascinating (to me) but the pastry table was all gluten, oh torture !

    Francesca : this is a sort of rack they use for apples...

    Anna Allen : they definitely won't miss the one you beautiful lady couldn't resist ! (hum it reminds me of a story... wonder where i read that LOL)

    Lucie : nope ! not that one ! much closer to me indeed starting with a S ;) isn't it a happy thought there are so many apple fairs going on over here ?!

    Ötli : mais tu es invitée ! ... l'année prochaine :)

    likeschocolate : I have never tried this one ! must be delicious ! where did you find it ?!

    A Little Happier, Dom, Alonim : welcome to my little virtual place !

    and thank you to all !

    ReplyDelete
  23. Magnifique ! Vos photos sont vraiment saisissantes ! Moi qui adore l'automne, je suis comblée ! Merci !

    ReplyDelete