Nov 29, 2010

snowbound



is what we are as i'm breaking the news here. quite one event since snow in november had not fallen in this area since 1980. unexpected too. we even made it to the national evening news : you may view the short video here if you like. if you notice the little capel, it is 5 miles from our house !



look at the corner of our front yard as we woke up on sunday ! and there's one little girl who is so enjoying her sledge rides. i'm glad M. had just built us a new wood rack the day before ! a sign ?!
november has been quite a tough month in our houselhold, even the simple things have become challenging. so we want to make most of these couple of snowdays to slow down and enjoy the white blanket. even though i used my last latte capsule this Sunday, there are no veggies in the fridge anymore and we may have to wait a day or two before i can take the car to go grocery shopping... roads went from a smooth snow powder to icy last night with a -4°C and this part of the country is not where people are used to have snow equipment on their cars !!

i want to thank you for the most amazing support i've ever had in my life from you all (comments, emails and even packages) & some of our real life friends (visits, phonecalls...) it made such a difference and means more than you can imagine to us ! i'll be catching up with my emails during the week. just after i figure a quick advent calendar ! i'm not readyyyyy !
a happy cosy week to everyone !

29 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks beautiful, but I'm sure if you are not use to it, it can be difficult to get around. L looks adorable in her snow outfit. :) Hope she is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful wintry wonderland. the first snowfall is always the most magical and exciting, until reality sets in and you don't have veggies or latte capsules (?)...but when a happy child is all you care about... the veggies can wait until "demain"!!! Stay warm and dry and enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas !
    i watched the video & forwarded the link to someone.
    you know even here where we are prepared for winter, we were stuck home a week ago Sunday because there was too much ice, i couldn't drive on the road at all & it took half an hour to get the van up the driveway & back into the garage.
    keep warm :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in Saudi Arabia, so you're beautiful pictures look SOOOOO inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful! I will never tire of snow days. L looks pretty pleased with what is happening :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful! Enjoy the snow x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful does the snow look! Your photos are always gorgeous, Valerie...thanks for sharing :-) I hope that your darling daughter's health is improving and continues to improve every day. She looks right at home in the snow :-)

    Belinda
    -xo-

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks familiar to me! Such a handsome snowman. Glad you're enjoying the beautiful white -- while it lasts. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. and to you all!
    and also enjoy the whiteness of white.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy to se you are around again and that your beautiful girl is enjoying the snow! Missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh wow! snow! how exciting! we don't have snow yet, but i suspect it is coming. just lots of cold rain at the moment. i'm moving my sewing machine and table into the little entryway between my large sewing room and the apartment. hoping it will heat up a little better than this huge room i'm in now! less space, but i'd rather be warm than freezing all winter! have fun with the snow, valerie! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad to have some news. Wonderful photos (as usual !) We do have the freezing cold but not a snowflake to be seen... I don't like driving on snowy roads but watching the snow falling from a cosy sofa is just bliss...
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. A good snowfall is so peaceful, isn't it? So glad you've gotten a bit of a respite -- a slowing down to rest.

    And I'm so happy to see your girl frolicking in the snow!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tes photos sont très jolies...C'est marrant on en parlait à la couture de cette neige de novembre.1980????ils ont se tromper pour Vannes en février ,mars il avait bien neigé ,je m'en souviens j'ai des photos dans cette neige.Une petite Dame m'a dit qu'il avait neigé le 10 novembre 1966 car elle était prête à accoucher.Moi, je n'ai rien trouvé sur le net sur ces chutes de novembre!!!☺
    J'espère que ça va mieux pour L. et que tu as retrouvé un peu le moral.Je t'embrasse!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful, it looks a bit like finland :)

    I´m so sorry to hear about the difficulties that you have had in your family. I hope you all are feeling better. Hugs and positive thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Elizabeth : thank you & for the sweet email. Roads were icy today again & no school. I'll get back to you IP soon.

    Marilyn : You are always very wise & thanks for the support. However the veggies were important because they have to be part as a complement to carb control in the diabetes diet. If snowbound by surprise, to eat whatever when you're healthy is no big deal when you have diabetes it's another story !

    saganaga : I know you're used to cold winters so if you say that it must have been really bad ! it's been icy here yesterday & today, no school. is it the someone I think of ?! I'll email soon. Thank you again for everything x

    Fruitful Fusion : so no snow for you, isn't it ? I love to follow white & cold winters through the blog world as well ! this time unusually the white blanket came to us and we're enjoying every hour of it !

    Abby : oh me neither !!! I'd love some more white during the winter !


    One Flew Over : we do !!

    Sonia : oh don't get me wrong I could even go on soups only for days if it was for all this beautiful snow !! loving it ! I was just a little worried now that L is on a specific diet.


    Belinda Saville : she loves the snow, so do I. Only wish we had snow more often over here ! she's doing well, only frustrated because of the insulin injections & strict diet, but who wouldn't ?! thank you for your concern, I'm very touched.

    Julie : I wish I live in a country where snow days are " familiar" I spent my whole childhood keeping my fingers crossed for a white Christmas like the one I was seeing in books & tv, but it never happened :( and my daughter is the same !!

    woolf : thank you for your visit ! white is beautiful and yes we're enjoying it. a lot !

    Anne Marie : sweet of you ! would you order somefor us in your country (Oslo in particular !) for the NY's eve & day, please ?

    Anna Allen : cold rain sounds no fun to me ! you were right to move closer to the warmth even if it is smaller -- you poor thing ! I can imagine how this big space can be cold ! no wood stove there ? I've heard they were pretty efficient... we'll have one in our future kitchen.

    carrotseeds : thanks :) it sounds strange to me that you have not seen a single snowflake there ! don't you usually use snow tires in this area ? and I agree about the bliss ! even more blissful when in Brittany !

    anna : yes ! there is nothing like watching the snow falling, the silence, all things slowing down... if only this could happen more often here !!

    1000&1 anges : c'est chouette hein ?! je ne discute pas la date car à cette date -là j'étais sur les côtes de la Manche dans le 22 ! je te laisse le soin des investigations ! mais une chose est sure c'est que c'est rare, trop rare ! du coup ici on laisse tout tomber pour en profiter ! un de nos terrains (en pente) venait d'être terrassé : à point ! la piste de luge idéale !! bisettes aussi x

    Solen : kiitos ! yes it was tough, especially my husband also lost his father... but we're trying to keep our heads of the water and think about our break to your country soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for stopping by. All fabrics in the garland are Liberty, including the bird print x

    ReplyDelete
  19. thanks ! yes that's what I thought ! and that's why I asked you about the birds ! they're so pretty !

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, it sure looks like Finland! Beautiful pictures.

    I'm so glad you are back!! I have missed your lovely pictures and words.

    I hope December would be a good month to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  21. C'est bon de te retrouver et de voir cette jolie bichette dans la neige! Je jetterais bien un coup d'oeil plus précis sur ton rack à bois, chez nous, le rangement est, comment dire, plus approximatif...! Bises;

    ReplyDelete
  22. Valerie, nope no wood stove! I wish! But they took it out. There is a very old one in the room next to mine, though, I believe. But it looks unsafe. I kept wishing they would have one. Someday maybe when I have my own house!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good to see that smile........♥
    Yes, we watched the video, my boys and I.....and now they want snow in our land!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful photos, welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  25. So very good to see you, Valerie. Best wishes for a lovely December xoxo K.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm so happy you got snow and it's a bit colder down there too... enjoy it while it lasts :)! It's around -7°C over here, not bad at all... the other day it was almost -20°C and that feels quite cold! Take care! I'll write to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  27. And a Happy Cosy to your as well! What a lovely thing to wish everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  28. So sorry to here about L's health problems (I've only just caught up). She looks so beuatiful in that photo and I'm glad that she has a winter wonderland (even if it is a bit inconvenient) to take her mind off things for a while. Enjoy every minute of it...

    ReplyDelete
  29. such wonderful snowiness. gorgeous shots.

    ReplyDelete