Sep 25, 2011

at our house






there's been some autumn baking  (i made this recipe with our fresh waluts for a walnut loaf for breakfast this sunday, replacing dried apricots by fresh apples & the cup of water by buttermilk, wheat flour by a GF mix, and i highly recommend it), autumn crocheting (there's a couch blanket in progress. yarn is lett-lopi) autumn harvesting (grapes, walnuts, pears, apples and a few pumkins), and since this weekend... some flip-flop wearing and loving this ! my asthma & i are so looking forward to the sunny spell expected this coming week...





happy Fall !

33 comments:

  1. Oh,I love these pics! They're so cosy and warm:) And your crocheting looks beautiful too,I love the colours! That blanket will be amazing when it's ready. I think you should give me some crocheting-lessons..:)

    And did you get all that from your own garden - grapes and pears etc? Wow! We have only apples&plums..but I see we both have been baking today,that's nice:)

    But oh..I'm bit jealous about your weather! I had a big,knitted scarf,jacket,gardigan and leather boots on today and my fingers missed mittens already. No flip-flops over here..brrrr. But enjoy the warmth and the sun!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything here is coziness.
    And i love the granny squares. The colors are so beautiful and warm.
    The smell in the kitchen must be wonderful too.
    Yes, enjoy autumn.
    Hugs, Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely way to spend autumn days. I totally understand your hope for sunny asthma days - Emil and I don't need anymore rainy days here in Denmark for our asthma either.

    Lots of hugs
    Ulla

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so nice to see you're making squares as well! I really, really love the colours your using. Mine has been put aside for a while again. I want this to be a project I can work on in between, so I always have a work in progress.

    The weather has improved here as well, it was getting very cold this week. So having a sun out for a day or two is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you friends ! I've just replied your generous comments on the revious post...

    niina : i'm not good at matching more than 3 colors together, but i'm relieved these match ! I'm going to have a hard time at weaving loose ends :( and blocking the squares so they are... square !!! I would love to crochet with you, and you would teach me how to knit on 4 needles :)
    yes we have all these fruits from the yard during the Fall. There were mature trees already when we bought the house, and the grape I gave to my husband for his BD years ago.
    I'm so looking forward to this sunny week, maybe the last one till 2012. Evenings are cool though.

    Pauline : as I say I have troubles matching colors but this pick seems ok so far, we'll see when I join the squares together. here in an old house in the coutry, we need to try & make it cosy because rainy winters may be tough pyschologically -- and if you add I suffer from allergic (to humidity) asthma... :(
    thank you & hugs to you too !

    Ulla : oh ! I feel for you as the weather must be kind of similar wet in Denmark... we often have over 70% of humidity and my immune system is too low more than half of the year. last week i was up & coughing most nights... the sun makes me so happy & so much healthier ! may I ask if you come back here to read, what is the most efficient for you & your son ? did you find something that actually work for you ?
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry Eva our comments crossed !
    it is just fine to have a project or two on which you take you time to work stop and then come back to it... unless I have an order I never rush.
    I can't wait to see your blanket done, though ! we needed this one for the evenings on the couch, we live in an old house that can't be heated to perfection in winter !
    I'm sure we'll send you the sunshine we're going to have this week for next weekend, it often travels west to east :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coucou, toujours de très belles photos !! les coleurs des petits carrés au crochet sont très belles, j'espère voir cela ce soir !
    plein de bisous
    Régine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oui, c'est agréable ces quelques jours d'été indien!!!! J'espère que ton asthme va aller mieux.
    Bisous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Valerie your photos are so beautiful!! You're alucky to life in a this beautiful place.
    Although the landscape is already autumn the temperature is still summer but it's so nice to enjoy the fruits of autumn!
    Your blanket it's seems very pretty!
    Thanks for the link of recipe!
    A hug!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Valerie,

    It is difficult for me to understand how wonderful it must be to collect walnuts.

    Here I have been in a mushroom forest, that is wonderful too, but it is a bit different: wool around, wellingtons, a wind-proof jacket. Still it feels very cold already, but the time spent in the forest gives so much more than just a basket full of tasty treasures. Sauna makes warm afterwards.

    Thank you for reminding me of that yarn: there is some of it hiding in my wool basket, brought home as a gift to myself when last time leaving from Iceland.

    Your girl carrying the basket of nuts looks like from a dream.

    Happy fall to you too, Hyvää syksyä!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh! ça donne envie de venir se lover sur un de tes canapés, de voir une flambée dans la cheminée, de crocheter en papotant, de voir avancer nos ouvrages, de se donner des conseils, de grignoter des bonnes choses!........ si je pouvais faire un saut de puce vers chez toi!.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful and serene and good ... I love visiting here. Nic x

    ReplyDelete
  13. thank you for a peek into your autumn home....so cozy, wish i could join you :) xoxo k.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh that sounds delicious. I look forward to the autumn and pumpkin soup. I like the photo on the L. comes with the basket to the gate. A beautiful environment.

    I wants a good time
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Baking & crochet...well, it just doesn't get any sweet than that, does it? ;o) LOVE the color of your crochet. I've been curious about the lett-lopi yarn--looks lovely. Happy Autumn Days, my friend :o) ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy fall to you too! Your baking looks perfect! (So does your crochet!!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your garden is so beautiful. That wall looks like it came from a castle yard. I can't wait to see your afghan once you finish it. It's going to be beautiful. We have to use blankets in the winter too. Our two story living area won't heat up so we have to keep moving or we freeze. The blankets make it more bearable. I love to look at a rolling fire so I am jealous of your curved fireplace. All that work you did hauling and stacking wood will pay off. Even without planting a garden this year, you are still getting a great harvest.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh such beautiful shots! I love the colors of your crochet blanket! ...those are MY colors!;)
    wish you a beautiful autumn time!
    JenMuna

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love seeing little glimpses of your home in your pictures :) Your crust for the dessert is so beautiful!!!
    Of course also your color choices for your latest crochet projects are so wonderful together!!

    Is the kitty a new member of the family? Cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. On peut voire que tu est bien hereuse avec les petites choses!
    Gros bisou, il fait longtemps que je ne visitez pas ton blog!
    Beau comme toujours.

    ReplyDelete
  21. love the colors on your crochet project ... and wow, what a harvest of nice stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your Lopi squares! The walnut loaf recipe sounds pretty great, too -- I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I enjoy to visit here♥

    ReplyDelete
  24. ton automne fait envie ... je crois que je vais tester les recettes très vite !!

    ReplyDelete
  25. i just love to hear from you all, thank you !!

    this week is very sunny & so warm, i may gave up on lett-lopi for a few days to knit or crochet something cooler :)

    Amélie : j'aimerais tellement, mais tu sais avec le TGV direct c'est gérable le temps d'un wkd !!

    Tiffany : my daughter has the same curved fireplace in her bedroom (not in use for safety reasons) you might want to sleep there if you ever visit ! and yes that's the lazy harvest when everything else fails : from the fruit trees !

    ReplyDelete
  26. oops Sorry I missed your question, Elizabeth : no Dakota was born here (in our bed !!) 3 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Dear Valerie,

    I'm sorry that you have had such an annoying time with your asthma. It's so uncomfortable and I think that's it's such a scarry thing not to be able to breathe proberly. I hate it!

    Emil and I try to stay inside when the humidity is too high, but of course we can't do that all the time. At the moment we are talking about getting a wood stove for our house. It makes the air a lot more dry.

    Emil and I both have allergies with our asthma. We are both allergic to dust mites (I couldn't find a translation for the word!) and several other things.
    Over a period of 3 years Emil has been going to the hospital, to be vaccinated against dust mites, and it has been such a wonderful success. He has been able to be without his preventive asthma medicin all summer, and hopefully he will need less medicin this autumn. He has had his attack medicin a few times, and he still feels worse in humid weather, but the vaccination has helped him so much.

    I don't know if you have allergies with your asthma, but I can highly recommend the vaccination. :))

    Hopefully you are feeling better by now along with the sunshine.
    Take good care, Valerie.

    Ulla
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  28. beautiful photos!
    i love the colours and the way you done the granny squares! that is going to be such a beautiful beautiful blanket-- are you making a blanket?
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  29. ça "granite" chez toi aussi. J'ai hâte de voir ce que ça va donner.
    Chez moi,J'en suis au montage.

    ReplyDelete
  30. beautiful photos Valerie! love the colors of the granny squares and that enterway of your garden looks so inviting... and precious!
    happy fall for you too!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  31. Just yummy images Valerie:) I miss your space - not because of you - but me! There is just not enough time to make my way around anymore:( Promise to visit more often. xxt

    ReplyDelete
  32. Ulla : I'll flickr mail you. thank you for this.i'm glad to hear vaccine has helped your son.

    L'atelier : yes Asyie it will be a blanket for this winter (hopefully) & thank you !

    l'arbre à bobines : bravo ! tu me la montreras "en vrai" un de ces jours ?


    RosaMaria : thank you ! with all the water we get from the sky it is very green as you can notice ! this is the fence separating our front yard from our backyard.

    quarterofaninch : nobody keeps score Tamara xo time is unfortunately not stretchy. especially as a mom !

    ReplyDelete
  33. i love the colors of your coasters,
    all right ones

    ReplyDelete