Sep 10, 2011

i wanted to document my lazy friday recovering



* peanut butter cookies : not for me but always enjoy baking for L & M * crafting from the couch * drinking herbal tea, lots of  herbal tea because it is delicious * flowers from the yard * proud of my homemade hummus (we have a new blender & it rocks) * before picture of the futture shower room (for all those who thought it was just a matter of a coat of paint & a few tiles !)
.... and found out all my photos have this little washed out look, almost like film... not sure where it came from : the weird weather & bright light OR the fact my camera body -- thankfully no lens was involved -- bounced down on a tiled floor by accident last monday ? but i hope it is not this last one.

36 comments:

  1. you have documented it good.
    i want that ikea!
    postman always forgets our street...
    d**n.
    n♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so cosy here.Thank you Valerie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. je me replonge dans tes photos et dans ton univers: c'est doux.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, les joies de la plomberie dans une vieille maison! Nous avions le même carrelage...avant de le défoncer pour tout remettre à niveau et couler un sol en béton ciré! Et un nouveau projet de crochet en cours?
    Magnifiques photos toujours

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi again!
    I'm coming to Paris too with my daugther in October( from 11 to 14 ').I noticed you are coming too from my blogg-are you there at the same time?
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful shots, as always! I like noticing the different light in photos from different countries, light is like a footprint :) Thank you Valerie for all of your comments! Please tell your daughter I'll be happy to help her with italian whenever she wants! Happy weekend to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry for the camera but these photos are so beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to recover too - with tea, like you. Just looking at your bathroom project brings back "fond" memories. It seems never ending, doesn't it? I have similar dates with my husband. I am so in love with your pictures, Valerie. They tell the whole story. The colors of your crochet work have me intrigued - I am going to print that picture and hang it up in my studio to inspire me. Carolina

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your blog! Thank you for coming by mine and leaving your trace, so happy I found it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks so cosy and then with the new ikea catalogue. I just got one this morning as they were being distributed in my town.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cozy, cozy!! Cookies and tea :) Eventually you will have to show us the after of the shower room!

    Isn't it always fun to get the new Ikea catalog?! I certainly don't need anything, but it is so fun to look at.
    You know I always LOVE your color combinations in your crochet projects!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Valerie,
    You had left such a beautiful note when visiting me, thank you. Come again:) I certainly will be back here. Your weekend so far looks cosy & lovely!
    blanc

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh no about the camera accident
    (I'm so behind... catching up now...)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love, love, love these photos. They are so cozy and beautiful.

    I hope you have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i wonder what's in the bowel of 5th photo? it looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like a wonderfully relaxing day, though I think that the upcoming reno will interfere with that! And I love the photos, must be the lighting

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your african flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  18. woolf : this is the first time we receive it in the mailbox, we usually have to go get it at the store... I hope you can get a hold of it soon, nothing really extraordinarily new but in general I prefer the colors compared to the 2 previous years.

    Maria : kiitos, you're welcome. a big hug x

    elisabelle : merci. je pensais à toi justement dernièrement, à la vie citadine que nous allons avoir bientôt pendant qq jours à l'occasion d'un concert à Bercy... bises à toi & aux tiens

    Lucie : haha je vois que ça vous connait ! oh ce fameux carrelage que nous avions dans la plupart de la maison, encore dans l'entrée et cette pièce d'eau. nous allons le recouvrir. par contre dans la future cuisine, j'ai pensé au béton ciré... pourrais-tu m'en dire un peu plus par mail si tu as 5mm ?
    les hexagones sont pour un petit plaid xo

    blue rabbit house : thank you but i'm worried about my camera :( we'll see...

    Thumbly : grazie ! she's very excited about the italian class : she has been waiting for this for several years !!! there are different lights on these photos, too because we had an awful weather, and the two lighter photos were taken when there was a clear spell !

    Shokoofeh : thank you, yes my heart skipped abeat when it dropped our of my hand, I almost cried thinking the camera was broken ! did you get the lens you had been fancying ?!


    Muse of the Day : Thanks for the support :) let's have a cup of tea (I drink it without sugar therefore I can drink much of it !) yes never-ending, I'm desperately looking forward to a decent kitchen and more rooms done now, it's become exhausting (husband does't think big enough & never want any professional help = slow !) Crochet will be a throw. Hopefully !

    ReplyDelete
  19. Linn Maria : thank you ! I had such a good laugh to read you actually had no missing pet -- and was relieved too !


    dorteinmalaga : so what do you think about it ?! as I said to woolf, first time it was delivered at home :D

    Elizabeth : I will :) well I hope there will be an after given the amount work involved !! I have never thought of taking any before pictures before our living room was (re) done 2 years ago, but it is a great motivation to be able to compare the two ! i'm not good about mixing colors, playing it safe here with greys !!

    Blanc : kiitos. I have to try & make it cosy because I'm still recovering & the weather is awful :(

    nestfullofeggs : thank you for your concern my friend. I hope it will still work because we can't afford a new one, and i have learned that repairs are not efficient most time, on digital cameras.

    Malla : kiitos, dear ! I hope yours will be lovely too. I'm fully back now, so I'll visit my blogroll more regularly, so see you very soon

    coco : it is homemade hummus -- do you know hummus (pureed chickpeas/lemon juice/olive oil/ garlic ...) -- i love hummus ! I usually dip carrots in it, but I had only cauliflower available that day so this was my snack !

    Monica : thank you & you're absolutely right ! peace would total if there wasn't all the work in the house. hopefully we'll see the end of it someday ! the light you say you like comes from an awful day outside, misty & depressing grey !

    Francesca : actually these are not African flowers ! but i had a similar thought (i even had to compare the two patterns last week) they look a bit alike.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like the look of relaxing in your photos. I hope your camera will be alright.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Le magazine ikea est de toutes les parties en ce moment :)
    lazy... ça fait du bien :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just love your cozy, homey posts, Valerie... Each moment captured--delicious! We're on the hunt for a new blender ourselves--need one that is more powerful and larger capacity. Homemade hummus is sooo good...mmm... Happy Days, my friend ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  23. J'adore tes petits African flower en crochet, et les gateaux ont l'air super bon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. alexandria : thank you. me too, you bet !!!

    a little happier : ah oui ? sur les blogs français ? je n'en lis plus que quelques uns dont le tien, donc je ne suis pas au courant. mais je me demandais s'il sortait dans tous les pays en même temps ?!

    Tracy : tack ! i hope you find the right one !! i'll keep tuned :) compared to the kitchen aid, the one i told you by email had two bonuses : the glass bowl is easier to wash, and the two knives/propellers. both have the soft start which is very useful :)

    Sylvie : merci ! ces cookies sont des favoris faciles de la famille (sauf moi qui suis sans gluten) quant aux hexagones, tu n'es pas la première à me le dire mais en fait ce ne sont pas vraiment des african flowers. j'ai comparé le patron et il y a des différences. mais oui de loin, on se laisse avoir !!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The cookies look really good. I am on day 16 of no sugar or white flour. It's much harder than I imagined to avoid white flour...I can't imagine if I had to avoid all wheat flour altogether. I now have some understanding of how hard it must be for you.

    You consistently get such good pictures. How do you do it?

    I feel your pain on your house. We currently have been without a kitchen sink for 4 days now and counting. It's suspended in the air over where it used to be installed. Life is never dull when your husband is the handyman!

    I hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  26. can i come and hand with you?!
    i missed so much around here, needless to say that your photos are just amazing- always
    hope you well, chat soon again (now that i am back online)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. oh! tes travaux semblent avancer! bonne nouvelle!!!!! j'espère que vous allez bien!!!!!
    bisous!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What gorgeous photographs. I particularly love the ball of wool. Such a comforting image.

    ReplyDelete
  29. such beautiful shots! I really enjoy reading your blog, thanks!;)
    JenMuna

    ReplyDelete
  30. They are all such beautiful and calm photographs, I love the feel of them. I hope you are feeling better too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. j'espère que tu vas mieux ... malgré le chantier qui semble régner chez toi tes photos respirent le calme et la sérénité ...

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hummmm.
    Et que vas-tu faire avec tes jolis grannies ?

    ReplyDelete
  33. It is always lovely going through your posts... even renovation work looks so pretty! :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  34. thank you everyone !

    Tiffany : you're too good to me ! ;)

    Isabelle : tu as trouvé le mot juste " SEMBLE " !! haha !

    nata : avec les hexagones un petit plaid je pense...

    madhu : don't be fooled, it's totally ugly !!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. ah toujours dans les travaux à ce que je vois.

    ReplyDelete