Dec 7, 2011

right now


* the christmas succulents are sharing with us their beautiful show early in the season this year. so much respect & gratefulness for these little plants that have to be thirsty all year to be able to give their best during the darkest month of the year.



* the shower room is coming along, slowly, but nicely. i'm pleased with our choices. some "before" photos here. it's been a long way...



* i am trying to make & write holiday cards -- never been good at that & always late



* L & i used all the toilet paper rolls i've saved for months (!) to make seasonal wall ornaments. our visitors must think we're strange people. however i don't explain everyone what the supplies are !



* all the family is enjoying the new couch and daybed by the fire. yes they're white but we had white before, we love white in the house (a necessity in this area of france during the winter) & we go for washable only


* the unique string of lights that we hang outside the house is not up and it's time, because it's dark so early now, but indoors it's warm & well lit, it seems it'm using paper doilies everywhere this year ! total cost for this string of lights : 3.50 euros.





* i feel i've already eaten way too many chocolate liquor cherries (my weakness at this time of the year, who doesn't have at least one ?!) and that this blog may go to sleep a little bit until christmas...
till then, enjoy the season, make it cozy & don't forget to take some time for yourself !

37 comments:

  1. the tp wall ornaments turned out lovely !!!
    (shh, don't tell anyone, but I've been saving our used tp rolls for over a year!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely home you have and so beuatiful christmas things

    remember to take some time for you too

    maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. nest full of eggs : haha ;D can't wait to see what you will make !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you so much Maria. I hope you have recovered now, I'm sort of worried because it sounds so serious... hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh,those ornaments are amazing! I would've never guessed they're made out of toilet paper rolls:)
    I want to make those too..but I guess we don't have enough empty rolls for those..:)

    And I love your living room(?) too - it looks so cosy and warm that I want to come to visit you and try your new sofa! :) So much lovely details - those little cute deers,ornaments in the window and the most imaginative curtain rod I've seen in a while! :)

    Is that a real tree in the corner? You've brought it in very early..we're going to get ours just few days before Christmas.

    Enjoy your days too! A little sleep before Christmas sounds good and very tempting..it would be so nice to skip all the bustle and wake up on Christmas:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi Niina ! yes it takes a while to get enough rolls ! ;) the tree is not decorated yet but yes it is a real (container/with roots) tree.
    you're the most welcome to visit, this is my little crochet corner ;) there is a day bed infront of the fireplace but this was where i was taking the picture from.
    the curtain rods in this room (there's another one not shown) have been made by my husband from my idea :) thank you
    i hope you will have a nice pre-christmas time.we'll be traveling a few days closer to you sometimes soon...

    ReplyDelete
  7. super beaux !! salle de bains et salon, bravo pour les couleurs, reste, je suppose à faire la déco du sapin, quoique il est beau dans sa robe verte !!!
    A bientôt, bisous

    ReplyDelete
  8. De si belles images de ton cosy home! Bravo, ça fait envie, moi qui n'ai absolument rien fait question décoration...faudrait que je m'y mette!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! These pictures are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, oh, my. I'd love to spend Christmas at your place seeing all these pretty photos. I absolutely love the ornament! I should keep it in mind for next year. Maybe painting it white and adding some pine tree branches would give it this little extra.

    Beautiful cards as well! You'll make the receivers very happy with it. :)

    I hope things go well for you during this month. I hope it's very, very cosy and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh i just found your beautiful blog but its late and i must be up early tomorrow. Visiting will be my treat in the evenings. I love your advent tree!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your tp roll snowflakes are so pretty. I've been saving mine for a long time and have plenty to make something with but hadn't decided yet what. I hope you don't mind if I steal this idea from you! As always, your color choices are beautiful. Your bathroom looks like it's coming along quite nicely! Merry Christmas (and all season long) to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all of the white and your little deer and your tp roll wall decorations. Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. les flocons en rouleaux recyclés sont superbes...
    and so's your Christmas cactus...
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the Christmas craft ideas! The snowflakes are so creative and really special. The first photo of your little flowers is just lovely. Such fun to see the behind-the-scenes of how folks decorate for the holidays.

    Thanks for sharing!

    Katherine @ thistle handmade

    ReplyDelete
  16. The kind of living room that I dream of! Quiet and pleasant! Paper roll? oh my! I didn't think of that until I read the post! That's very clever idea! I will save it for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like you are ready for a cozy winter :) AHHh that shower head looks divine.

    Love the wall decorations too :)
    Hope you have a happy holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tout est beau dans ton billet! Je trouve magnifique les déco en rouleaux de papier toilette. Je n'aurai jamais imaginé ce que c'était en voyant la photo :-D
    J'aime la douceur du vert tendre de la salle de bain et l'éclat du blanc dans ton salon. All the best pour ces Fêtes de fin d'année!
    De notre côte, nous partons quelques jours à la montagne pour fuir Noël. Bises.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Valerie your dining room is very nice, the feeling that you can relax and seems very comfortable.
    ps: I'm not in the tea swap, who organizes it?

    ReplyDelete
  20. J'adOOOre ta salle de bain!!! Et tes rouleaux génialissime!!!J'adore l'idée ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. love the living room and the ornaments are beautiful!;)and yes "take time for yourself" is so important and exactly that is what I am actually struggling with...reading your post reminds me and gave me a good feeling..all the white an beautiful things, thank you:)
    JenMuna

    ReplyDelete
  22. the shower room is really beautiful - I love the pea green and white diamond shaped tiles. I covet a white couch ... washable fabric, of course! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. The new white couch is so beautiful. And i love what you made with the toilet paper rolls.
    The shower room is looking already very comfortable.
    And i love the tiles.
    Hugs, Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh valerie, i love that white couch. I love white as much you do too♡
    your room loos so lovely and love the atmosphere. i noticed that curatin wood, is that the one you mentioned before?
    and you creativeness of making christmas decoration out of toilet paper, i adomire you.
    using recycle items in living is my favorite thing to do. thanks for the wonderful idea.
    My apt room here is so tiny .. i kind of envy your environment.
    Enjoyed this post very much.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Les coloris de ta salle de douche sont très beaux (j'adore le papier peint). Ton idée de flocons en rouleaux de papier toilette est extra : jolie et rigolote :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Merry Christmas Valerie. Your bathroom is coming along nicely. And your living room is beautiful, it says "come, sit a while, this is home". I loved the toilet paper roll decorations. When we lived on the boat, we saved rolls for many months and my girls made a two meter Eiffel tower from them. Although the project was difficult, the hardest part was living with all those rolls stashed in every nook and cranny of the boat. Every time we were in a storm, any improperly latched storage areas would have toilet paper rolls flying out of them. Merry Christmas to you, L., and your husband. Carolina

    ReplyDelete
  27. C'est cosy chez toi. J'aime beaucoup. Tu me donnes envie d'un canapé blanc... de faire une guirlande en carton et en napperon... Profite bien du beau temps sur la côte, les photos sont superbes ! Bel Avent à vous !

    ReplyDelete
  28. LOVE all your Christmas preparations, Valerie! Your cards are lovely, as are those toilet roll snowflakes--BRILLIANT idea! And your living room is just so stylish, inviting and cozy... I want to go to your house for Christmas! ;o) Thank you for the sweet message you left at my place. We, too, took the weekend for fun & relaxation only--it was bliss! We're soon traveling Stateside for Christmas and be away a couple weeks. Happy Holidays, my friend. ((LOVE & HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a lovely home you have. I love all the white and your tree!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I really like your living room. I like white, white is inspiring. And your Christmas tree, I also like very much. As he looks well decorated?
    But most of all I like your curtain rod. A wonderful idea - you have it yourself?

    Have a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a cozy home you have!!
    Beautiful photos...

    ReplyDelete
  32. i love the choices you made! looks like it was really worth it...
    i left a comment here before :( think it didnt work
    happy holidays valerie!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. ps pls email me your postal adress!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I've already admired your living room on Flickr and now seeing your blog I am amazed. So so simply beautiful it is :) I hope to come back many times!

    ReplyDelete
  35. this card with the bell
    is so nice.and snowflakes
    are warm with these browncraft ovals
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  36. Bonjour Valerie,

    I work for IKEA LIVE magazine and saw this lovely photo of your living room while researching homes in France. Do you have some iKEA in the rest fo your home as well please? Would you possibly be interested in being in the magazine? My email address is kate.herbert-smith@augustmedia.com

    Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
    Kind regards,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete