Feb 13, 2012

where the grass is greener



since the snow didn't come to us, we went to the snow. we drove eastbound for about 1h30. you sometimes have to make things happen, haven't you ?! it was totally worth it, we had a fabulous walk in the snow, and nice picnic in the car  -- because of a windy -3°C outside. even M, who's not keen on hats, had to wear the one i had knit for him, so his ears wouldn't freeze !





L. checked if we could walk on the (frozen) water. and of course we could, since this little lake was only 2 or 3 feet deep and all frozen down to the bottom.



 the branches were ice-covered and i think some buds that came too soon because of an extra mild (and ugly wet) january, will have a hard time...




thank you to the nice people who wrote worried not to see any new post here in 2012, it was much appreciated. some years are not off to a good start, and in this case internet is the first one to go so everything else gets a chance to be fixed, health included.

wishing you a cozy & happy february !


44 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see you're back and knowing the reasons now.
    It was worth it to go there. The pictures are beautiful. A picnic in the car..just funny and something to enjoy.
    Have a wonderful week.
    Hugs, Pauline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Pauline. yes in the car... we can be quite some adventurers at times ;)! have a lovely week, too xo

      Delete
  2. Tremendous pictures!
    I hope you and your family are well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. merci. so-so, but surviving !
      we went past your place (in a way)... this was taken near Cholet. did you get any snow over there ?!

      Delete
  3. Lovely February to you too!!
    A big hug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hola Anna ! muchas gracias ! hugs back to you xo

      Delete
  4. Lovely snowy pictures, even from you... :) I have to show you some of our neighborhood soon too... it's snowing again today! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. don't tempt me !!! that's cruel ;D haha... hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have missed you!Lovely you are back and hope everything is okey .
    Beautiful snowy pictures you have here .
    xx
    maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kiitos Maria. hopefully you'll get better soon too. i heard about heavy snow in some parts of your country... a good time to stay in & make it cozy :)

      Delete
  7. Happy to see you & your lovely moments captured in photos again. Warm and cozy February wishes to you too xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you karen. i hope you're keeping warm in your part of europe, and i imagine you making plans for your beautiful yard for the Spring to come ... xo back to you !

      Delete
  8. Du nord de l'Europe nous avons reçu le froid glacial mais sous un soleil de faire des envieux. Nous vivons d'autres préoccupations comme la secheresse.
    Tes photos sont la poésie du moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Diane ! le froid (enfin pas trop !) accompagné de soleil c'est très sain, et j'aimerais que nous en ayons plus souvent... ici pas de sécheresse !

      Delete
  9. Lovely winter wonderland images, Valerie! We have plenty of winter here in Norway if you ever want to come back up north. ;o) Happy Days, my friend ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hej dear friend ! I wish I wish ! are you enjoy some snow for me ?! :) we will go (very) up north again but not during the winter i'm afraid... enjoy the ballet in Oslo and the weekend -- hugs !

      Delete
  10. glad you are back. Nice pics from winter .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Ilse. this is the more wintery days we had, not much i'm afraid ;)

      Delete
  11. glad to see you back here with nice refreshing snow pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. konnichiwa dear Coco ! we have enjoyed the littlest snow we could find :) I hope you're keeping warm & happy, will visit you soon and catch up with your news xx

      Delete
  12. I was missing you! I'm happy you came back :) Oh yes, please, let's make 2012 a sewing year. I just finished a skirt (I'll post it soon) and I'm so thrilled I finally have something made totally by me! I've a Pfaff Hobbylock 2.0 and I'm becoming her friend :) I would like to make something every week (too high-flying?). Ciao Valerie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well done (for the skirt. is it your first piece of clothes ?)
      Pfaff is good. my sewing machine is a Pfaff. too bad you're so far away.
      i made a tablecloth yesterday evening, does it count ? haha !

      Delete
  13. I, too, am glad to "see" you again. I chuckled at your husband, my husband is waiting for an unexpected trip to the north pole before he tries out the scarf I gave him for Christmas. Sending you warm wishes from Tennessee. Carolina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ;) maybe there's closer than the north pole ? although that would be fun & i bet you could plan this (life's too short to be boring, isn't it ?!)
      thank you &blowing some xo to you too

      Delete
  14. I'm glad to see you back. Looks like a lovely trip! We're hoping to make a similar trip soon, but the extra warm weather we've been having lately means that there's little to no snow where we normally go. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the weather to turn...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope there will be some cold air your way so you can enjoy a white blanket during your trip ! you certainly have more chance than us here !

      Delete
  15. I think everyone has had an odd winter this year. Ours has been very warm and spring like. Today it finally feels a bit more seasonal out.

    Always nice to see new post from you my friend. Hope all is well ;0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you !
      well, i (my asthma) don't like "odd winters" ! only odd if that means cold ;)

      Delete
  16. Making things happen was an excellent choice. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Denise !
      as I said life's too short... boring is not what I enjoy, even if some people sometimes give me a weird look & some raised eyebrows ;)

      Delete
  17. Hey there, beautiful girl. I am glad you were able to enjoy some snow! I hope you are feeling ok. I have been thinking of you! I actually enjoyed a lovely cup of tea (from Christmas card!) while I did some crafting with Micah last week. These photos are amazing. I love the one of those textural brush in front of L. That is such a neat plant. What is it? Stay warm... you've been missed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe you northern girl you must laugh at how little snow we get ;)
      don't know this plant, at least in its dry stage. but i thought like you and cut some stems to bring home for a vase !

      Delete
  18. oh so glad to read this post;) but this is so true what you wrote, there are many many things more important than a blog! your pictures are beautiful as always..missed them a bit;) wish you all the best!
    JenMuna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. danke schön !
      we're entering the last stage and most important remodelling of our house/ and yard... therefore very little time to network unfortunately. until this Fall at least... too bad there are only 24h in a day !

      Delete
  19. Hope you had great time out looking for some snow! Glad you are back and well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and I hope this winter was not too cold over there where you are ! mind you, snow make a beautiful scenery to shoot quilts !! (re-your photos & quilt !) I'm no so well but at least trying to be back here !

      Delete
  20. wellcome back!

    Katerina FF
    Greece

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Katerina !
      I hope you're well and safe from what we see on tv

      Delete
  21. Hope things are better, especially the health. Gorgeous winter photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. grazie Francesca ! I hope life is smoother where you are now... xo

      Delete
  22. hi lovely girl, hope you are great... love your beautiful winter photos!

    ReplyDelete
  23. vous avez pu à votre tour expérimenter la marche sur les lacs gelés ... de belles sensations non ??

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful photos. I came via Katrin's blog, and am glad I did.

    ReplyDelete
  25. thank you RosaMaria & Isabelle : oui très rares ! xo
    and welcome Shalini !

    ReplyDelete