well... it used to be !
just plain busy preparing the local craft show. so here is a sneak peek...
i've been doing nothing but crocheting shawls, scarves, bags, and bows ! bows-everything, from brooches to hair accessories... because it seems i'm infatuated with bows at the moment !
in my opinion textures are at least as important as design (?) i enjoyed working with silk & wool, fine merino lace, linen, soft alpaca or even, a more unusual one, silver/gold cotton thread. not sure though that the local people are ready for handmade (to meet the right audience is an art itself...) -- is this something that is making its way where you live ?
while i'm away, on duty at the lovely capel where the show takes place (one week for each participant : my turn is next week) i highly recommend you to click here to view the new collection of one of my favorite textile artists ever, my (so-pretty) blog friend anna allen, beautifully photographed by her talented brother.
... and always more creative spaces shared at the kootoyoo blog !
LOVE the bowties! <3
ReplyDeleteI love the bows too! :) They are so pretty.
ReplyDeleteIt is verry hard and quite important to an artist to find the right audience. I´ve been in so many exhibitions where audience has been the wrong type to my art and doing, that it hasn´t serve either me nor the audience.
I really like the last shawl. It makes me feel like i´m under water looking up. Beautiful.
OH the bows are awesome! Well done. Good luck with the craft show! I'm sure you will do well as your stuff looks terrific!
ReplyDeleteoh Valerie! your hair pin bows are just so adorable, are you planning to add them to your big cartel shop? if you do, let me know as i'd love to show them on my wee blog sometime... :) oh, and i love your shawls too, the blues and greys in this last one are so lovely!
ReplyDeletehave a wonderful weekend!
emma x
ps ~ the doggy parlour where Spanner gets his trim uses a citronella and eucalyptus shampoo... it smells wonderful and he always gets so many cuddles when he comes home... :)
Everything you have made is just so beautiful!
ReplyDeletethe hair bows are adorable, if only my daughter would leave things in her hair {sigh}
ReplyDeletewow!!!! c'est hypra méga supra hypra beau!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful, I especially like the last shawl with its sea colours :)
ReplyDeleteWish I could visit your fair!
How cute those bows are....if the people don't buy them all and sport them in their hair....then you do have the wrong audience!!! Maybe they could use them to hold the shawls together....love the first dark blue one and the last one is very "sea like". fabulous....all of it!!
ReplyDeleteHave a great time at the fair and take lots of pictures, for those of us who can't be there!!!
xx
Oh, the hair bows are absolutely beautiful! What a great idea. I have to make those to myself too :)
ReplyDeleteSuch beautiful crochet going on at your place!!!
ReplyDeletethank youeveryone for your supportive words & your enthusiasm on the bows ;)
ReplyDeletesolen : i emailed you yesterday about this. sorry.
emma lamb : i'll be more than honored, thank you ! (i'll email you next week) yes a small batch is expected in the shop soon.
I just stumbled across your blog this morning. So glad I found it, such beautiful photography and your crochet work is lovely!
ReplyDeleteThe hairclip bows are divine. It's all divine.
ReplyDeletecoucou,
ReplyDeleteles petits noeuds je craque, ils sont adorables!!!!....j espere que tu profites bien de l'été et oui je suis de retour chez moi sous un ciel bien gris , mais le printemps sera bientot à notre porte...bises
Hello, Valerie! You probably don't remember me, Tracy @ Pink Purl... I saw Lucy of A Black Pepper mention your blog and thought it was you. Happy to see you still blogging--and such gorgeous photos... such gorgeous crochet here! I am learning to crochet now. Knitting comes most naturally though. ;o) Happy Summer Days...
ReplyDeleteToi aussi tu fais des noeuds au crochet :-) Ils sont magnifiques. Quant aux châles!!! Waouwwww!
ReplyDeleteTu as raison, la matière compte aussi ! Merci pour les liens et ces images délicates.
ReplyDeletebeautiful, beautiful, hooky work. love it
ReplyDeletegorgeous work! love the shawl in the first photo :)
ReplyDeletemy, you have been working hard!
ReplyDeleteit looks so, so promising.
good luck with the sales.
and thank you for the inspiring link too.
This is all just so stunning!! I really those little bow clips, so sweet! found you at kootoyoo's. What a pleasure! :)
ReplyDeleteValerie, just beautiful, such wonderful work. Hope all goes well at the craft fair!
ReplyDeleteDevine stuff. I have been trying to teach myself crochet and am finding the task very difficult. Coming from a knitting background I am still approaching it from that space ANY TIPS ANYONE?
ReplyDeleteYour creative pieces and energy is infectious. xo p
Wow! I'm speechless! Gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteEn réponse à tous ces élogieux commentaires laissés sur mon blog, j'en rougis encore : MERCI.
ReplyDeleteNi Morbihan ni Finistère mais le petit bout de Loire Atlantique officiellement hors Bretagne, mais tellement Bretonne! et mariée à un Breton
En passant par les conversations d'Etsy - as-tu une boutique?- nous pourrions échanger par mail?
So very beautiful, everything. And those little bows are just adorable, love them!
ReplyDeleteValerie, your blog is exquisite...inspiring work and beautiful photos :-) I love your little bows (I would certainly wear them in my hair), and your shawls are magnificent! I think that you are right - finding the right audience is an art in itself. I hope that you beautiful wares are received warmly at the craft show...wishing you the best of luck!
ReplyDeleteOh, and thank you for visiting my humble little blog, you are welcome anytime :-)
Your work is beautiful, and elevated above the usual "crafty" type of crocheting seen. Bravo! and good luck at the fair!
ReplyDeleteoh, what gorgeous handiwork and a really lovely blog, i'm a fan!
ReplyDeletebeautiful!!! what a gorgeous work!!
ReplyDeleteOh les noeuds sont trop kikis, j'adore!!!
ReplyDelete