Jan 6, 2011

two.zero.one.one.




:: lake Näsijärvi under a white blanket around 3pm. to us, another world ::

we're back from the cold, which wasn't so cold after all ! a trip with nice surprises : some places that are so hard to leave it's almost heartbreaking, and a few not-so-nice memories : some other places will make you want to go home.
one evening i was sitting at the bow window on the11th floor of our hotel in tampere, with a cup of tea in my hand and my family asleep. a beautiful night view, snow everywhere, enjoying this quiet time and thinking about 2010 & 2011. i'm usually no resolution maker, however there are some things that need to change and they  fit in this little sentence i came across the other day (coincidence ?!). in the real or virtual world there's nothing to me like... hugging, kissing, saying i am your friend or i love you, and MEAN it !!! words are nothing but empty without the intention.
friends & readers, i wish you much love, beauty, and people who "mean it" around you in this new year.

36 comments:

  1. you words gave me goosebumps, in the best way. I just spent an afternoon with people who "mean it" and your words are the most perfect confirmation of how important it is to surround ourselves with that and sustain that in our lives. Thank you always for speaking and sharing from your heart xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok V, I feel the love the and the honestly in which it is spoken. What could be more refreshing than saying what you feel and mean what you say? I am touched and will certainly adopt your resolution as my own for this year.

    i send three cheek kisses and hugs over...
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. lots of warm wishes for you too and your family...bises virginie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a resolution person too... just the end of the year and the beginning of the another one makes me think about what I want from me and what I dont like of me...
    and love your post... always is refreshing to me have a bit of the real life of somebody away from me.

    thanks for a year full of beautiful photos my best wishes for you and your family on 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this post, Valerie. Beautiful in every way. Happy New Year to you and your family! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Moi aussi je te souhaite tout ce qu'il a de meilleur pour cette nouvelle année à toi et ta famille !
    Le bonnet de ta fille est très joli, il a l'air très doux en plus : c'est toi qui l'a tricoté ? La photo du lac est vraiment top, j'adore ce désert blanc ! Ca me donne envie de visiter la scandinavie en hiver... comme tu le dis, c'est un autre monde !! a+

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merci pour ces mots justes Valérie, je souscris :)
    Quelle poésie dans ces photos! Je te souhaite très sincèrement une excellente année à toi et tes proches

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh que c'est bien dit! plein de bisous pour 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy new year everyone !

    abby : it warms my heart to know we're on the same wavelenght

    ablackpepper : maybe i 'm just a fool because i'm a person who meant it, and expect the people i'm in close touch to be that way ! but after all sometimes you really have to stand for what you believe is right don't you ?!

    septembre : lots of good wishes for your shop !

    RosaMaria : we can't help can we ?!

    A day that is dessert : you would say it in a much more eloquent way... but even with my simple words I know you understand. I have such great respect for you Lecia, for the woman, the wife, the mother, the photgrapher...

    Sonia : yes we enjoyed it ++, in Finland at least. I'm a sincere person and sometimes it just doesn't work for me to see how the world can go round :( hence this big shout !

    Menthe Blanche : j'ai bien pensé à toi, car nous nous sommes acheté en petit cadeau de retour deux tasses Marrimekko vues ches toi :) oui le bonnet crocheté est une de mes impros de dernière minute avant départ. il est extrèmement chaud & doux : du bébé lama & en double

    Lucie : toi aussi plein de belles choses dans cette année qui libère à 100% ta créativité ! avec tout les soucis dernièrement j'ai été un peu trop loin des gens que j'apprécie mais je te promets que tu auras de mes nouvelles plus régulièrement. xo (and I mean it !)

    AméliePasPoulain : toi aussi ! et un grand merci pour le sms !! à peinde belles choses pour cette année et à l'amitié. je t'embrasse !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to see you back and happy you enjoyed most of your trip!! Thank you for SHOWing us and TELLing us.... seems the trend for 2011 is to be "ourselves" and to be real....hope it works out...we could use a little more "honest" in this world!!
    :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photos and words.

    ReplyDelete
  13. such beautiful words you have written. and so true! your photographs are pleasant to look at and so peaceful. thank you for sharing and a happy blessed new year to you dear friend! xo love, anna

    ReplyDelete
  14. So very glad to see/hear a little of your trip to Finland... Glad it wasn't too, too cold for you here in the far north. ;o) I hope you found the time away refreshing & inspiring. Wishing you & yours all the very best of health & happiness, peace & JOY in 2011! ((BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  15. très très belle et douce année 2011 à toi Valérie ! Je te retrouve bien tard... mais je suis heureuse de te relire ! ta fille a grandi, elle est si belle !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy New year!!!!!! I'm so glad you had a nice trip :) I agree with you on how we should all tell each other when we genuinely love a friend, family and do so my being there for them and caring about what they are going through, in good times and bad.
    I hope that I can do more of that in the new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're so right...
    Un début d'année très douloureux pour nous, du coup j'ai du mal à me joindre aux traditionnels voeux "de circonstances" échangés sans vraiment y penser.
    Juste envie de souhaiter à ceux que j'aime une BELLE année. Si elle est créative, joyeuse, gourmande ce n'est que mieux...
    Love

    ReplyDelete
  18. thank you. and wishing you the same :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh,so nice to hear from you! And that your trip was good. What were those not-so-good-places?
    I'm busy bee again,but I try to send you some email tomorrow about those wrist warmers! Good night,xoxo! And - ofcourse - superhappy new year to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for the beautiful photos and the insight into your thoughts.
    It is important to be surrounded by people who mean what they say. But unfortunately there are enough other people are saying, but not mine.
    I wish you (and me:))for the new year that there are more people who mean what they say. And for your family a good health and a nice, relaxing time. love Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  21. quel rêve!
    que 2011 soit douce... je crois que nous en avons tous besoin

    bye!
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hui, the 3. photo shows a deep deep world like an other world for me. And that there is still life (and warm colors) like the berries amazes me again and again. Have you seen polar lights?
    Dear Valerie, I wish you a blessed new year and a lot of good health. Also the power of changes (of course in the good way, but I guess some in the negative way may change our life good, too. Just sometimes we don't see or realize it in this moment...). As you see I'm not good enough in English to express my feelings. hehehe...

    Oh, I couldn't find your e-mail adr, so I wrote you via etsy :-)

    greetinxxx, mel

    ReplyDelete
  23. Valérie, voici donc les proportions de la Soupe Angevine !
    1 bouteille de vin blanc pétillant (Crémant de Loire ou Vouvray) + 1 louche de jus de citron + 1 louche de sucre de canne liquide + 1 louche de Cointreau... attention, ça se boit très (trop) facilement ;)
    Au fait, tu as choisi quels mugs Marimekko ? Ceux avec la ville et le rond bleu ?
    A++

    ReplyDelete
  24. Très belle année à vous 3.
    Je vois que ton voyage c'est bien déroulé
    je t'embrasse
    a bientôt
    nath

    ReplyDelete
  25. It is refreshing to me to know the real life of somebody away from me. Thank you for the beautiful photos...

    ReplyDelete
  26. I wish you a lot of hugs and smiles for this new year!

    ReplyDelete
  27. YES! I mean it when I say that you bring me MUCH beauty, you lovely woman. Happy 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  28. merci pour tes souhaits. Je t'en souhaite autant ! Quelles belles images. J'adore les tons bleutés. J'ai hâte d'en voir plus.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Quelle belle phrase :)
    Je pense beaucoup de fois à cette chose: vouloir dire les choses qu'on pense et qu'on sent avec les mots...ou meilleur, que nos mots sont pleins de la vérité de sentir et de penser ça qu'on dit.

    Joyeux Année prochaine, j'espère que ta belle fille va être très bien, et toi aussi.
    Grous bisou!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ok... Beautiful pictures.
    Et je crois que nous sommes raccords... mon credo, ma devise a toujours été : "les actes, pas les paroles"...
    Merci pour ts mots, et vraiment, wish you a better 2011.
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the bunting and the garland! So clever and beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  32. thank you friends !

    Renne : borrowed that idea (bunting) from Stephanie CB on 3191. thank you !

    Pascale : si je lâche en route, tu me donneras un rattrapage stp ?!

    Virginie : est ce que l'on se connait ?!

    Menthe blanche : merci beaucoup. j'ai acheté de la clairette (tu penses que ça ira ?!) & du sirop de canne dans les courses d'aujourd' hui ... à suivre :)

    mecamo : thank you ! you're so sweet. i visited the link and read carefully + investigated. everything is good to take in this situation. will reply soon.

    niina : i emailed you. now you know where & where not !!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I just discovered your blog. You have some gorgeous photos. Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful words... full of meaning

    I've just found your blog and I like it very much! Great pictures :)

    Have a nice day*

    ReplyDelete
  35. thank you Jackie & a star lost in the space for these nice words. and welcome here !

    ReplyDelete