May 1, 2011

happy may day !

the first day of may came with thunder, lightning and rain showers (see that cat hidden under the comforter !) we had to cancel some plans & stay home... L has a cold and M was in the most awful mood.
but we have a nice custom in France on the first of may, also our labor day, which is to give a sprig of lily of the valley to your (female) loved ones. and i had the most wonderful pendant to wear (from this shop).
so... in the middle of this, i 'm trying not to forget my birth month is all about flowers, that william & kate got happily married, that i have a pretty bag (kiitos Mervi !) full of organic cotton to start a crocheted blanket, some nice wips waiting for me by the couch & i am grateful for a new roof that got done before the rain came !
stop & smell the roses, enjoy this new month !

25 comments:

  1. Hope your daughter will get well soon!

    What a lovely chain, looks a bit japanese...The thumbly store has so many cute goodies, will check it out tomorrow has to go to bed now (double shift 2morrow).

    Have a cozy night without thunders and scared cats!

    Good night night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are a May birthday girl...if so, like my son...no wonder!!! :)!
    your wips look very interesting, your cat very nervous and your new necklace, delightful...hope the rain stays as long as you want it and then leaves you to the sunshine
    xxx
    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ups, forgot to write HAPPY MAY DAY to you, too!

    We had the best weather ever and this in Germany, hell yeah! hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps I hope L feels better and M gets less grumpy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy May Day to you too! The muguet tradition is just one of the things I love about living in France. That pendant is fabulous!

    Bonne semaine !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy may and I'm a may girl too :) the mood is never great when the weather is heavy. Hope the sun shines soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaah tes photos... (en particulier celle du chat...)
    Joli 1er mai à toi aussi.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are so many reasons to be happy; just look and remember things around you. and you did that; good! Hopefully M sees that too :)
    I love your pendent!! and the cat. Good luck with the blanket. I like the modest colors.
    Have a wonderful new week.
    Hugs, Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy May Day belated, Valerie! I love the custom of the lily of the valley... such a lovely flower it is too! I can almost smell these through the screen. That pendant is wonderful--very clever! Love to see all your crochet projects so prettily gathered. Beautiful photos today. Happy Days, my friend ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a lovely necklace, valerie! oh and happy belated birthday! (or is it yet to come...?) i love may first! our little tradition when i was little was to make may baskets filled with popcorn and candy and secretly put them at our friends front doors. then we would ring their doorbell and run off before they caught us! of course i haven't done that in years, but i miss it! especially the eating-the-candy part. :) i wish i would have gone out and picked flowers for jed! maybe i will do that today anyway! there are the most lovely little purple and blue flowers everywhere! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. J'adore la tête du chat :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. mecamo : ooch double shift ? hope you survived & are having a relaxing evening ! yes Valentina has some pretty items in her shop...

    Marilyn : yes i'm a Taurus ;) it was grey today but no rain. M is re- planting some grass so he'd like some more showers ! but he is still as grumpy today :(

    Emily : thank you ! and again I loved your post on the newly-weds !!!

    Andrea : hurrah for May girls :D a beautiful month for a birth !

    mirabellef : merci ! et bravo pour tes photos suédoises j'adore vraiment !

    Pauline : thank you ! I have started the hexagons for the blanket but they're IN the bag, surprise ;)

    Tracy : tack !!! I have to keep my little couch corner tidy... because it is in the sitting-room where I sometimes welcome a guest/friend ! I usually enjoy working on multiple projects. it has some downsides, but otherwise I get bored on a single wip.

    Anna Allen : thank you & for the support, too !! no it is not my birthday yet ! the little custom of secret popcorn & candies is absolutely adorable !! my daughter said she would love to do that !!! enjoy the flowers xo

    Menthe Blanche : c'est Layla et elle adore mon mari !!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy beginning of May to you and your family! I hope everyone's feeling like themselves again. Wonderful images, as always. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Je suis verte! primo: impossible de te laisser un com sur le dernier billet, c'est où "post a comment"? secundo: tu étais chez moi!!!!!!!!!!!!! j'ai passé le we du 1ier mai à Arcachon et j'habite Bordeaux!!!! chiot de chiot mais pourquoi ne m'as-tu pas biper??????... bouhouhouuuu...

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful birth month May is. Curious to see your knitting and crocheting. Do you switch from one to the other with ease? Which one do you prefer?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you Lecia ! I guess there are ups & downs and it was a ... down !

    maricle : je n'étais pas à Arcachon le 1er mai !!! c'était aux vacances scolaires d'hiver (mars pour nous) et même si je t'avoue y avoir pensé, je n'ai pas tes coordonnées sauf ton blog. en plus nous étions sur place seulement 2 jours (et un par trajet) mais j'ai bien l'intention d'aller à Bordeaux même d'ici la fin de l'année :) au fait, IDEM pour toi si tu montes par ici ?! sinon blogspot permet d'ouvrir les coms ou de les fermer sur les billets que l'on souhaite je te rassure ton internet marche parfaitement ;)

    Francesca : yes indeed it works better for me if I switch one project to another, be it knitting or crochet. I'm newer at knitting and I have always prefered crochet, I can crochet for hours & hours without any tension...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those (crocheted?) squares are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you Denise -- I'm making a sort of shawl. But I ran out of yarn so it's in stand-by !

    ReplyDelete
  19. I always feel like I have gone on a mini vacation when I read your posts - I love that. Carolina

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy May Day to you!! We have it on the same day here too and it always is a holiday! I do love that cat...so much!!!x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Valerie,

    Hope you all are doing fine :)
    I wonder if you read my thank you mails I sent some time ago via etsy(as sometimes they forget to send notifications you know). I am getting a bit worried and writing here.
    I am doing sort of okay and really enjoying treasures from you, thank you, my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. love the photos in this post! awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Narelle PassmoreMay 17, 2011

    Hi Valerie I am an Australian living in Canberra. My friend Carolyn sent me your link and I can see why. You are living our dream and it is truly wonderful!

    Cheers
    Narelle

    ReplyDelete
  24. thank you !

    Welcome Narelle Passmore :) and thank you to Carolyn !

    ReplyDelete